4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AT knows how indictments work and knew that taking 6 months to hold a preliminary hearing could result in plenty of time for prosecutors to launch a GJ indictment.

Doesn't make sense to make a big to-do in the press that BF has to come to court and has all this exonerating testimony and then back down and say, no, they can just take her statement she can ignore the subpoena.

Why not just take her statement to begin with? Why deliberately let the world think BF has exonerating evidence?

I don't trust AT. She is gaining maximum publicity.

2 Cents

(Me either)

sealioning from the defense

Sealioning from the defense- never seen this verb before.

(BBM)
"...pestering someone with questions and requests (such as for evidence or sources), typically with the goal of upsetting them and making their position or viewpoint seem weak or unreasonable..."

And sadly this does influence the opinions of some members of the public. It could influence jury members if done in such a way during the trial that it's no longer in the pursuit of truth but a win-at-any-cost tactic. JMO.

Sealioning from the defense- never seen this verb before.

(BBM)
"...pestering someone with questions and requests (such as for evidence or sources), typically with the goal of upsetting them and making their position or viewpoint seem weak or unreasonable..."

And sadly this does influence the opinions of some members of the public. It could influence jury members if done in such a way during the trial that it's no longer in the pursuit of truth but a win-at-any-cost tactic. JMO.
Thank you for introducing me to this lovely word. There has been a lot of sealioning in this case IMO.

Hah, when I learn a new word I try and use it in a sentence that day. I guess I'll have to wait until someone sealions me.

I don’t have to wait LOL. My sentence: “I’ve been sealioned on controversial Websleuths threads.“

It happens and it’s really hard to report because it appears innocent. I’ve learned to disengage and not feed the troll. Of course in the context @kittythehare used “sealioning” regarding defense tactics, disengaging is not always an option.

The comic from which the term “sealioning“ originates is in this Wikipedia article.

What an amazing woman. In spite of how hard it is, and the toll it takes, she continues to try to put her best foot forward and do something positive in the face of this tragedy, and to work with her husband on supporting her two living triplet children so that they have a chance to live their best possible lives.

What an amazing woman. In spite of how hard it is, and the toll it takes, she continues to try to put her best foot forward and do something positive in the face of this tragedy, and to work with her husband on supporting her two living triplet children so that they have a chance to live their best possible lives.
She is representing the memory of Ethan with dignity and honor, I admire her so much. I cannot imagine the remaining sister and brother's feelings at the loss of their triplet. Unfathomable.

I wish all the victims Kaylee, Maddie, Ethan, Xana and their families comfort and as much peace as they can possibly find during these hard times.

So if the judge doesn't dismiss the indictment altogether, then the defense wants everything to go back to square one and hold a preliminary hearing.

Okay, so...what the heck?

They actually want a public hearing, in which autopsies will likely be discussed and pictures shown?

The public is not going to pick up on "Kohberger was just out driving around, he didn't do it" in the midst of all the sensational evidence that will almost certainly hit MSM as salacious evidence that BK is guilty. It's true that the Defense benefits by getting the State's strategy in advance of trial (and then making a zillion more motions and trying to exclude even more evidence).

IOW, a massive ploy to make the trial as far in the future as possible. The only reason I can think of for the Defense to want that is...they think him staying in Latah County Jail indefinitely is better than being on Death Row. From the point of view of an ethical defense attorney, that is of course a better outcome.

Speculative hopes and predictions ahead:

I'd love for the PH to start with a witness from WSU who had interacted with BK and noticed his Vans.

Then the FBI footprint expert, who in addition to confirming the brand, also says the foot shape and size (and toe sizes) are consistent with Kohberger. They must surely have GPS and better cell data by now, as well. And that second trip to 1122 King later that morning! THEN walk the Judge through what LE found when they entered the house, with all its horror. That same foot stepping in the blood.

Even without a witness to the brand of the shoe, the amount of info about foot, arch, heel and toe shape should be considerable. Of course, the State probably has a much better place to start, I'm just hoping for some great footprint analysis.

The fact that a white Elantra circles the house several times and disappears into a dark and camera-less area right next to 1122 and then later shows up again in broad daylight (carrying Kohberger's phone in it for these journeys). Yikes. I can just see the headlines.

And that's what the Defense wants??

YIKES again. IMO.

I don’t have to wait LOL. My sentence: “I’ve been sealioned on controversial Websleuths threads.“

It happens and it’s really hard to report because it appears innocent. I’ve learned to disengage and not feed the troll. Of course in the context @kittythehare used “sealioning” regarding defense tactics, disengaging is not always an option.

The comic from which the term “sealioning“ originates is in this Wikipedia article.

“Do you have a link?” ;)

Maybe the defense wants to drag this out so long as to "bore" the general public about it so that the jury pool is bigger. I don't know what they will try next
This is all MOO & I don’t know when they’ll try the tactic, but we have the inevitable (MOO) change of venue tactic that hasn’t yet been played.

I dread that for so many reasons but “know” in my gut it will come at some point.

What I notice is right on schedule for the hearing that would have been held, we have news articles featuring some "friend" of BK "remembering" a "scary revelation" about BK.

Change of venue - IF and IMO it's a big IF this doesn't get reversed and BK doesn't get a PH, then yeah, I would think the next thing would be to ask for a change of venue.

I am wondering how far AT plans to take her charges against the prosecutor.

Former Friend of BK?
What I notice is right on schedule for the hearing that would have been held, we have news articles featuring some "friend" of BK "remembering" a "scary revelation" about BK.
snipped for focus @Balthazar Thx for your post w link.*

"Jack Baylis, a former friend of" BK.
Article gives no further context of when they were friends, or how long, etc. Thru school, work, or as neighbors? (Or did I miss it?)

Was this the buddy who used to go on several-mile runs w BK at night and who was interviewed & quoted many months ago?
Anyone recall?

<snipped> Not surprised actually

Bryan Kohberger was moved away from female students while attending a career institute in Pennsylvania, according to a former school administrator.

Fox Nation on Sunday released an exclusive special titled Bryan Kohberger: I Am Blank, in which Nancy Grace spoke with many people who had experiences with the Idaho murder suspect, including Tanya Carmella-Beers, who served as Kohberger's former administrator at the Monroe Career & Technical Institute.

Carmella-Beers explained that Kohberger was initially in the protective services program at the Institute, where he sought to prepare for a career in law enforcement. However, she said that after two incidents, he was moved into another program where there were no female students.

Bryan Kohberger was moved away from female students, administrator reveals

<snipped> Interesting, maybe BK blamed his failures on women?

One of Kohberger's former friends, JB, also spoke to Fox Nation about the case and the arrest, saying that Kohberger was often frustrated with women. JB also said that Kohberger expressed issues to him about his dating life and how he would be "ghosted a lot" by females.

Bryan Kohberger was moved away from female students, administrator reveals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member