4937 Hopespring Dr Goes into Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a VERY interesting blog from an attorney....discussing "strategic defaults"......
http://blog.floridaforeclosurelawyer.org/2010/02/03/lenders-will-seek-deficiency-judgments-after-foreclosure/

A snip....

Strategic defaults

Sometimes lenders go after borrowers walking away from their homes if they have other assets, according to Florida real estate attorney Larry Tolchinsky.

“Banks are pulling credit reports to see if it’s a strategic default,” he said. “If you’re behind on all your other payments, you’re okay. But if you’re not, they’ll come after you.”

Now.....my question would be........AS GA is not on the note or the deed.......yet is married to CA.......they must have commingled accounts. The depth to which an investigation would go could be impacted by the fact that they have joint assets and in the St. of Florida a spouse can not be held liable for the debt of another. For instance......if CA filed BK to protect herself from judgement.......she would have to list all assets and designate them as marital property or owned by herself or GA independently. As long as her assets are combined with GA....she is protected as well as long as SHE is filing Head of Household. Either way GA is IMO financially protected and CA is clear while she is married because they are tenants by entirety.

May explain much heh????

When the A's went on their cruise to the Bahamas, could they have opened a bank acct. and are hiding $$$ there?

Welcome and thanks for this eye opener post!!!

What islands did they really go in the Carrbean? Just the bahamas?
Did they ever get to Cosemel, MX? or Caymen Isle???

I went back and read the transcripts of SP and RP interviews with the police (CA's mom and brother) and both mention GA and internet gambling. RP really goes into a lot of detail about GA and CA's financial problems with bankruptcy and foreclosure back in Ohio and how CA had to dip into her 401K a few years ago to pay bills - either from Casey running up bills or GA running up bills and the period of time when CA and GA separated.

So this foreclosure isn't their first time around the block with losing a home. Given this week's news maybe CA is getting ready to bail on the marriage and she's not throwing good money after bad anymore. Still it doesn't make logical sense to ruin one's credit rating if you can pay an existing mortgage and the mortgage is a pretty reasonable amount. So why hire another attorney (maybe since Cindy is paying the mortgage, the lawyer only represents her and her interests?)

Sometimes nothing about the Anthony family makes any sense.

didn't they already declare bankruptcy a few years ago????

IF the GA affair is true maybe Cindy found out and purposely let it go into foreclosure if it were my husband and he did that to me while I was going through that whole nightmare or period I would be darned if I would contribute another penny to keeping him

That makes more sense. I can't help but think it's something deliberate that they think will benefit themselves somehow. MOO

I agree. I have a hard time believing anyone would consider them victims. There is just too much out there that would contradict their claims of being considered a victim. First, they're behavior during depositions. The money spent on a cruise which should have been put toward their house payment instead. The actions of Cindy to "trick" LE into by giving them items other than requested. As grandparents, for 31 days they weren't too concerned about looking for their grandchild despiste what the knew KC was like. They've behaved several times that can be considered obstructing justice along with their lack of cooperation with LE.

But hey, if they can receive benefits for being a victim it's one more reason to consider moving to Florida. With lawyers like JB and BC in Florida it looks promising..

Novice Seeker

I went back and read the transcripts of SP and RP interviews with the police (CA's mom and brother) and both mention GA and internet gambling. RP really goes into a lot of detail about GA and CA's financial problems with bankruptcy and foreclosure back in Ohio and how CA had to dip into her 401K a few years ago to pay bills - either from Casey running up bills or GA running up bills and the period of time when CA and GA separated.

So this foreclosure isn't their first time around the block with losing a home. Given this week's news maybe CA is getting ready to bail on the marriage and she's not throwing good money after bad anymore. Still it doesn't make logical sense to ruin one's credit rating if you can pay an existing mortgage and the mortgage is a pretty reasonable amount. So why hire another attorney (maybe since Cindy is paying the mortgage, the lawyer only represents her and her interests?)

Sometimes nothing about the Anthony family makes any sense.
Credit is already screwed up thanks to KC and GA

IF the GA affair is true maybe Cindy found out and purposely let it go into foreclosure if it were my husband and he did that to me while I was going through that whole nightmare or period I would be darned if I would contribute another penny to keeping him

I totally agree but I sure wouldn't have called the police when he went missing and I wouldn't be trying (cough) comfort him during all those hearings. One thing is for sure Cindy is going to loose everything she's ever worked for all because George and KC's behaviors was never called on the carpet.

Novice Seeker

Regardless of rather George and Cindy are intentionally allowing their home go into foreclosure wouldn't that require them to produce documentations of income they have received?

Novice Seeker

But if their funds are comingled in a joint account that could complicate things. PLus it was a cash out and that could be an issue as well.
I was responding to your comment:

"In a forclosure.....no....the bank could not discover monies and go after them"

and I am not sure that is entirely true, but again we don't use this much here. Ours our quick, dirty and typically one action. Nowadays this applies to recourse loans as well. But I think it may be a moot point because isn't there legislature to stop this on primary residences?

Well Dang it looks like I'm going to be moving to Florida. Heard there was a house going into foreclosure. Maybe I could get it on a short sell. I could stay in while I stocked up on some nice jewelry, clothes, and take a trip or three myself before I would have to worry about being a responsible citizen.

Novice Seeker

PS: If this post comes up numerous times please accept my apology. My gears are acting up here.

I wonder how they paid for their cruise. I think I read some time back that Lee Anthony was living on Hopespring Drive for awhile to help them financially.

I wonder where they will both live now? And will it be together?

Good question! By the way, your cats are beautiful. They look like my black cat which I sadly lost last year, but she will always be in my heart. Blessings to you.

I wonder how they paid for their cruise. I think I read some time back that Lee Anthony was living on Hopespring Drive for awhile to help them financially.

Conway told the Orlando Sentinel in October 2009 that the couple used money it generated in licensing fees to catch up on other bills, like car payments.

The Anthonys were paid $20,000 in fees by CBS for providing the company with exclusive photos and videos of their daughter and granddaughter.

That same month, the Anthonys went on a three-day Caribbean cruise with son Lee Anthony and his girlfriend, Mallory Parker. Conway said the cruise cost about $300 a person and was planned months in advance.

"The Anthony's are not living lavishly, and the house being in foreclosure proves that," Conway said. "They are struggling to pay for everything."
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...thony-caylee-marie-anthony-orange-county-jail

I remember CA when on camera, telling the reporter, they gave her the vacation...paraphrased!

Civil Docket Updated:

03/17/2010 Answer & Affirmative Defenses

03/23/2010 Motion
Motion FOR EXTENSION OF TIME

03/23/2010 Motion
Motion TO STRIKE DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

Civil Docket Updated:

03/17/2010 Answer & Affirmative Defenses

03/23/2010 Motion
Motion FOR EXTENSION OF TIME

03/23/2010 Motion
Motion TO STRIKE DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

Motion to strike demand for jury trial.
Do you know what that means? Thank you.

[/B]

Motion to strike demand for jury trial.
Do you know what that means? Thank you.

This is on the Anthony home foreclosure case.
I believe the Anthony's attorney has filed a Motion saying that they do not want a jury trial, they want a Judge to hear the case. And they have asked for an extension of time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/business/25housing.html

New BOA home retention program. I wonder if the Anthony's will be invited to participate in this new program. They may not qualify.

The program is aimed at borrowers who received subprime or other high-risk loans from Countrywide Financial, the biggest and one of the most aggressive lenders during the housing boom. Bank of America bought Countrywide in 2008.

Bank of America officials said the maximum reduction would be 30 percent of the value of the loan. They said the program would work this way: A borrower might owe, say, $250,000 on a house whose value has fallen to $200,000. Fifty thousand dollars of that balance would be moved into a special interest-free account.

I doubt they would qualify as Cindy bought the home several years ago and the value can't possibly have fallen as far as higher priced neighborhoods have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan