8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For me, it would depend on whether I thought my friend was involved, and that would depend very much on the circumstances of the situation, which could vary so much.

With that caveat, if I thought they weren't involved, and they had a good reason, such as no money, for asking me to get them a cell phone, I would.

I believe that at some time after Kyron's disappearance, the police examined TH's phone. Did they actually TAKE her phone? If they took it for some length of time, she might well have mentioned not having a phone to friends, and they went out and got cheap phones for her.

I don't have the kind of friends who would be so generous, especially if I was kind of in the spotlight because of a missing child. Almost seems like being an accomplice by doing such a thing IMO. I know I certainly wouldn't get a phone for a friend like that.

Wouldn't they just have taken the Sims card, and left her the phone?? She could have just went out and buy a new sims card , why the need for new phones?? And why have friends buy them??:waitasec:

I have no idea what the police would have taken (if indeed they did take the phone), or of how long they might have kept it. I'm sure, however, that it would have been easier and more convenient for the police to leave the card in the phone, rather than have to track down another phone.

I certainly can see a reason for having the friends buy a phone, though. Every time she left the house, the media was after her - as I recall, MC was even bringing food to the house. I doubt if she was going out any more than she had to.

It actually even makes sense that she would have gotten a bat phone, if she wanted one to use while police had hers. Assuming she expected it to be returned, it would have been silly to buy an expensive phone or sign up for a plan, when she could just get a cheap phone to use in the interim. And if she mentioned not having a phone to more than one friend, she might have ended up with more than one phone. (Would be interesting to see whether they were both activated.)

Now, if TH did want the phones for some nefarious purpose...

It could be as simple (disgusting as it might be) as sexting. If she killed Kyron, I can't see why she'd be calling anyone to talk about it. MFH? I don't know, but personally, if I'd just "disappeared" (one way or another) a child and knew the police suspected me, I don't think I'd be out trying to commit another crime.

If she snatched Kyron - then I can see the need to privately communicate with her accomplices, although I would think that if it was premeditated, that she would have bought/hidden spare phones in advance, rather than waiting until after?

Wouldn't they just have taken the Sims card, and left her the phone?? She could have just went out and buy a new sims card , why the need for new phones?? And why have friends buy them??:waitasec:

They wouldn't need to take her sim card or her phone from her. They can copy all the data from her phone, then hand it right back to her. If the police had her phone why investigate the reason her friends brought her other phones?

Me neither.

And I am almost more shocked that any friend at all would show that level of support to someone suspected of a crime of this magnitude.

Yeah, me too. Even if it were my very best BFF, with all the other things surrounding this case, I would certainly be suspicious no matter how long I had been BFF's with her or how much I loved her or had shared w/ her in the past. People change, and some people are NOT who you think they are, I have learned this from personal experience. I have Terri pegged as a "user" type, thats JMO.

abbie

OK Kaine was still in the house until around the 24-25th of June. So I'd be shocked if Terri didn't have a phone. She had a phone that was under surveillance. Who are the first people suspected in the case of a missing child? Parents and relatives.

These friends gave her a phone in the days following Kyron's disappearance? For what purpose? She had a phone. Kaine was still with her living as family unit ..... IMO we can debate reasonably that when Kaine found out about the MFH he might have severed her phone, but maybe not. Knowing it was bugged he might have left it on once he suspected her. I think I would have recognized very quickly why Terri wanted phone(s).

With respect to why somebody might be willing to provide Terri with phone (s): Maybe if Terri was leading a 'secret life' (i.e., having relationships/engaging in activities she hid from Kaine), she may have had friends with similar 'secret lives' - friends who's secrets Terri kept to herself and vice versa. Maybe she may have asked some (two?) of these friends to obtain these phones with the implied threat that their (the friend's) secret life might be in jeopardy if Terri doesn't get what Terri needs.

OK Kaine was still in the house until around the 24-25th of June. So I'd be shocked if Terri didn't have a phone. She had a phone that was under surveillance. Who are the first people suspected in the case of a missing child? Parents and relatives.

These friends gave her a phone in the days immediately following Kyron's disappearance? For what purpose? She had a phone. Kaine was still with her living as family unit ..... IMO we can debate reasonably that when Kaine found out about the MFH he might have severed her phone, but maybe not. Knowing it was bugged he might have left it on once he suspected her. I think I would have recognized very quickly why Terri wanted phone(s).

I'm not reading the article as the days immediately following Kyron's disappearance. I'm really not seeing an indication of timeframe, other than sometime after that.

Sources, including one who has spoken with investigators, told KGW that at least two friends of Terri's purchased cell phones for her in the days after Kyron’s disappearance.

These friends gave her a phone in the days immediately following Kyron's disappearance? For what purpose? She had a phone. Kaine was still with her living as family unit ..... IMO we can debate reasonably that when Kaine found out about the MFH he might have severed her phone, but maybe not. Knowing it was bugged he might have left it on once he suspected her. I think I would have recognized very quickly why Terri wanted phone(s).

Keep in mind that we have no idea when these phones were bought - "In the days after" could mean anything from "the day after Kyron went missing" to "last week."

OK BeanE I took out Immediately.... :) Thanks.

But I still read that in the literal sense. "in the days" I still find it very difficult to believe that Kaine shut her phone off, if he did at all, until he moved out. Which would have been weeks after Kyron went missing. Not days.

In reference to TMH and her friends ..How do they know she is innocent?
Now, IF they could prove she was innocent thats a different story but since no one has stepped forward and announced she was with them that morning and Terri hasn't given out any names as to who she may have been with that morning, I suspect ALL they have is Terri's word she is innocent... I suspect IF Terri has told them she is innocent, she has lied to her friends...
Let me add, I pray her friends are just gullible and not involved..IF not they are ALL up to their eyesballs in world of trouble...JMO

And what's more, all it takes is one little, tiny, miniscule cell of doubt in each of these friends' minds to get them to questioning everything Terri has told them-----totally unrelated to the case, of course, but still......

Knowing which 2 friends did this, and when they gave her the phones would be very useful information we just don't have.

Did LE take her cell phone from her, or did Kaine take it from her and then turn it over to LE, did Kaine check her phone and see she was sending sex pics to someone else? Did she have a sexting relationship w/ more people than just MC, like with some guy(s) she knew from the gym, maybe?
I am certainly no prude but think it takes big cahunas to boldly start a sexting relationship w/ someone. JMO. Well, maybe I am a prude by todays standards. I just think its kind of a trashy way for a woman to conduct herself, especially if married and ESPECIALLY immediately following her missing step child. Good Heavens. And to top it all off, the original cell phone bill was being paid for by Kaine, how hideous is that? Sexting someone on a phone your husband is paying the bill for. Gawd.

How do we know these weren't the cell phones she WAS sexting from? Maybe that was their purpose. ?

We know at least in part what happened between M. Cook and Terri by the court filings.

He came out immediately and made admissions and gave an interview. And we haven't heard one word from him since. Something tells me that Mr. Cook has seen the error of his ways and has cooperated with information. MOO

I have been pushed off the fence. I can think of no "innocent" reason for TH to have others purchase phones for her in this situation. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me!

MOO

The 2 different friends that supplied the cell phones are testifying to the GJ. Who initiated it would be so interesting to hear the "why's"...as it makes no sense unless you want to hide something, but maybe their is any other answer? Glad they are supposedly shedding light on this aspect.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out IF her friends are as diabolical and conniving as she is, gullible, or plain ole stupid..JMO

All of them? That would be quite a stretch.

I have been pushed off the fence. I can think of no "innocent" reason for TH to have others purchase phones for her in this situation. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me!

MOO

You may find you have less splinters now...I know it is difficult, but it is what is IMO. :angel:

I can think of only a few reasons why TH would need secure cell phones--one, to hide a crime from LE, or two, as part of some sort of scenario where TH cannot reveal what really happened to Kyron until the time is right. Something involving his safety. Three, a bit more far-fetched, she, whether guilty or innocent, simply, and possibly misguidedly, wanted privacy. As a raging introvert, I could maaaaaybe buy that.

The two cell phone revelation got me thinking about the second possibility. I've never been on the "Kaine must have been abusive and that's why TH did what she allegedly did" bandwagon. Mostly because there are far simpler alternatives to leaving one's abusive husband than allegedly attempting a MFH and disappearing his son. But the hit I get off folks like DS with her "smugness" and other friend, who (I'm paraphrasing), said the reporters had it all wrong is that they think they are doing the right thing, which includes giving TH untraceable cell phones to aid in whatever this "right thing" is.

So let's assume Kaine is abusing either/both TH or Kyron. For whatever reason, TH doesn't call LE, or contact one of the excellent local DV (domestic violence) organizations, or rely on her friends to simply come get her and the kids and let her stay with them. Instead she comes up with a plot to "disappear" Kyron but leave herself and Baby K in harm's way. That doesn't make sense to me. OK, so maybe only Kyron was in danger. Again, why not just contact LE? Why, if she was actually trying to save him from something, did she possibly hatch some convoluted plot that involves Kyron disappearing at school?

It's possible I'm being classist, as DV can affect people from all walks of life, but it seems to me that TH would have had the resources to get away on her own. She at least had access to a vehicle and some bank cards. But, let's say that for whatever reason, leaving was not possible.

If one was innocent of wrongdoing, but looked guilty, why not simply tell LE why you thought you or your stepson was in danger (but not Baby K?!) and end all the speculation? Wouldn't you want the alleged perp (KH) to be arrested? If this was some sort of plot to protect Kyron, why would you (I'm assuming) use throwaway cell phones to hide your plans from LE? Wouldn't you want LE to know what was going on?

None of this makes sense to me. I wonder if TH told her friends this was all a plot to save Kyron and/or herself from KH and that is why they are helping her. Maybe it made sense to them to help TH with some twisted plot rather than tell her to simply call LE.

I've always leaned towards TH's guilt (On what charges, I don't know, and knowing what we know now, I wouldn't convict her in a court of law.), but I would really hate to find out that she and/or Kyron were actually DV victims. I know abusers can be very good at appearing to be nice people to the rest of the world, but it seems like we would have heard more negative info about Kaine if he were really a--to put it in the mildest terms--big jerk. Wouldn't the MSM have dug up and published something by now? Would Desiree be showing such a united front with KH?

I also know being victimized can really mess with your head, but creating some elaborate plot to make it look like your husband's child disappeared is really crazy (JMHO), no matter what the reason. And if it was done for noble and innocent reasons, why not just tell LE already?! The only other possibility is that someone else did something to Kyron. If so, like many people have said on here, she sure is unlucky.

So after all that rambling, I still have to conclude that TH hasn't told her friends what really happened, and that includes why she needed new cell phones.

:waitasec:

JMHO, YMMV.

So what are the holes in my reasoning? Besides that much of what I assume is fact comes from Unnamed Reliable Sources and may not be true at all.

With respect to why somebody might be willing to provide Terri with phone (s): Maybe if Terri was leading a 'secret life' (i.e., having relationships/engaging in activities she hid from Kaine), she may have had friends with similar 'secret lives' - friends who's secrets Terri kept to herself and vice versa. Maybe she may have asked some (two?) of these friends to obtain these phones with the implied threat that their (the friend's) secret life might be in jeopardy if Terri doesn't get what Terri needs.
Which is why I said yesterday that I'd love to know if the friend got a bat phone for herself. Was this a friend who feared she might be under surveillance herself?

Ironically, of all the stories we've heard about Terri, the bat phone(s) concern me the least. Perhaps that has to do with my feelings about privacy. What I choose to discuss on the phone, no matter how trivial or unsubstantial, is no one's business. If Terri were innocent and had truly provided all of the information she had to offer, her subsequent conversations would have no bearing on Kyron's case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back