8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if it was Dede's idea to get the secret phones. With her father being in LE, it makes sense to me that she'd be paranoid, and it also falls in line with Desiree's statements about DS advising Terri in ways that are not in Kyron's best interest.

I agree that the behavior of these women is stupid and indefensible, and I worry that a major case of the stupids existing around Terri is going to make it impossible to determine what really happened to Kyron. I swear this is some sort of reverse Three Stooges, except instead of bumbling out of trouble, Terri's bumbling deeper into it.

Exactly I remember my daughter in Jr. High having a little Pinky Tuscadaro club with her friends and they had code names and little sayings...... LOL My goodness these are grown women.

This false name is an attempt to conceal something........ What? I don't like the sounds of this at all.

I think it's just a bunch of grown women thrown into a situation they had never experienced, and weren't prepared for, and apparently didn't have the maturity to deal with it appropriately. They acted like a bunch of... unusual persons.

I have a dumb question and please forgive me if I skipped by the answer...

They showed Kerry's home that was searched. Why are they obscuring her face on the news? They were on DeDe like a sunburn.

Well on KOIN, they showed her face and didn't blur it out..
And when I heard the name I recognized it and her, and commented to the DBF that one station blurred her face while the other one didn't..

P.S.
I could be wrong on what station it was as I was flipping between KGW, KOIN, KATU and KPTV lol, but I know for sure one of them said her name and did not blur her face.. =) =)

I would absolutely die of embarrassment if I had to go before a *Grand Jury* and actually admit I had acted this way. I mean - I. would. die.

I'm not the best at maps but I want to clarify..

The google map shows the TOTAL distance between all areas..

The distance between Tualatin to Lloyd Center is about 24 mins per google,
but there are MANY MANY other locations in between where an AT&T phone could be purchased..

Being a local, that is just an odd place to go to buy a phone if you live on the West Side of the river.. kinda out of the way..

But for me the article that BeanE posted says it all, she admits what she did and that she used a false name...

Not only is it out of the way, but it isn't easy to maneuver around down there. And isn't that area known to not always be the safest too? Why not just go get them at Walmart?

Where are you reading this? The only two articles I've seen say that 3 more friends bought cell phones...some used fake names to do so...and someone other than DDS bought one for TH. And I think one of the articles said that one of the friends bought it at Lloyd Center?

Did they all use the same fake name to buy phones at Lloyd Center?

TIA :)
I think what you are looking for is explained by the reporter in this video.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html?tab=video

I would absolutely die of embarrassment if I had to go before a *Grand Jury* and actually admit I had acted this way. I mean - I. would. die.

I'm embarrassed for them!!

Why yes members of the jury, I used a fake name when purchasing the batphone...

There are Plaid Pantries, Targets, Wal-Greens etc all over between Tualatin and Lloyd Center. It's a long azz drive, with sucky parking and a criminal element at Lloyd to boot. Most people who live down Tualatin way would NOT drive right by Washington Square and go all the way out to LLoyd.
I'm a long time PDXer and can assure you that most people who are in the southern part of the city / suburbia tend to shop in the southern part of the city. Honestly getting from point a to b would SUCK.
However if they were going from Terri's house Lloyd would be close by as well as downtown PDX, but again there's the mini-mart factor (aka why didn't they go into one of them instead since they'd be closer or more convenient).

Don't most of these women have children of their own?? Except maybe Dede? how could they not see the degree of seriousness here? I understand, to a degree, wanting to help Terri and do errands for her if she can't go out without being molested by the media, but this is way beyond all of that. I even kind of understand that they would want to have private conversations-well, do it in person, then:( This is totally obstruction or could be viewed as such, if they didn't confess and own up. Not to mention...dumb. How could they not think it was wrong? Using fake names proves they knew it was wonky.

I'd like to know the fake name they used. That may be very revealing or surprising (or unsurprising, given what we've learned about Terri's behaviour patterns).

I'm not the best at maps but I want to clarify..

The google map shows the TOTAL distance between all areas..

The distance between Tualatin to Lloyd Center is about 24 mins per google,
but there are MANY MANY other locations in between where an AT&T phone could be purchased..

Being a local, that is just an odd place to go to buy a phone if you live on the West Side of the river.. kinda out of the way..

But for me the article that BeanE posted says it all, she admits what she did and that she used a false name...

I guess looking at that map, it seems well within reason to drive from Tualatin to Lloyd Center for the phone purchase, then to continue on a more direct route north to Terri's house. One would imagine that once to the store, one would deliver the phone to where it will be used.

I just don't understand why they would need the phones to "help find her an attorney". Can't they use her land line? Or couldn't she make the calls herself?

Obviously she needed an attorney after Kaine moved out. I don't think anyone would be surprised by that. I also think LE would be obligated to get off the line if she was talking to an attorney...at least one who was representing her. Not sure if they could listen if she was "just shopping".

I guess looking at that map, it seems well within reason to drive from Tualatin to Lloyd Center for the phone purchase, then to continue on a more direct route north to Terri's house. One would imagine that once to the store, one would deliver the phone to where it will be used.

I disagree with this if we're looking at convenience factor. Lloyd is HARD to get into and park at and there is a nasty group of people that frequent that place.

NOT the 1st place any normal 40 something boring lady (me?) would go to get a phone. So many other easier places...

There are Plaid Pantries, Targets, Wal-Greens etc all over between Tualatin and Lloyd Center. It's a long azz drive, with sucky parking and a criminal element at Lloyd to boot. Most people who live down Tualatin way would NOT drive right by Washington Square and go all the way out to LLoyd.
I'm a long time PDXer and can assure you that most people who are in the southern part of the city / suburbia tend to shop in the southern part of the city. Honestly getting from point a to b would SUCK.
However if they were going from Terri's house Lloyd would be close by as well as downtown PDX, but again there's the mini-mart factor (aka why didn't they go into one of them instead since they'd be closer or more convenient).

BBM: Maybe the criminal element was the point...somewhere they wouldn't be recognized or questioned?

If you look at the map and don't know the area I can see how one would think that =)

But being a local, Lloyd Center Mall is way out of the way, and as Kimster said above up there, it's not the easiest area to get in and out of..

But as I say.. you never know =) =)
With this case unfortunately anything is possible.. =(

Crazy.

Didn't any of them have husbands/mothers/friends/coworkers... anyone that was a voice of reason saying..."what the heck are you doing with a another phone"? " why do you need to talk to TH secretly?

Crazy!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back