A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great show! I have been following this case for a while now.

Maybe useful article for burlap sack discussion from 2012: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/gq-comment-long-island-serial-killer

Also, does anyone remember this user posting on here? The level of knowledge is both helpful as well as frightening. And he bought a sound proof van? Frightening, as well. Hopefully this is looked into later on in an episode of the show.

Yes, I remember. I believe he was gone before I joined but I researched many of his posts, which I'm sure are in the archives. Helpful and frightening pretty much sums it up!

Agreed. Then again, they could be using a VPN. It's tough to tell...
A VPN can hide your IP but will not be able to spoof the scpd IP especially since that block of ip addresses do not have any open proxys. The edit either came from inside the scpd or as someone suggested earlier an open wifi connection.

Welcome to Ws everyone!
:welcome3:

Hi all, it is extremely exciting to see members, old and new, breathing life into this case again. A hearty welcome is in order, as we would love to see this case solved, to help find not only closure but justice for all of the victims.

We also strive to avoid casting negative light on possible innocent people. What this means is, even if you think "so-and-so" might be worth looking into, please, please do not post their name on this forum, *unless* they have already been identified by law enforcement and named in the MSM as a person of interest.

Due to the number of posters and time constraints, if you do include a non POI/MSM person's name in your post, it will be removed. And, while I and other mods are reluctant to do so, since we realize you spent time writing your posts, we are also strongly against the naming of potentially innocent people, whose lives can be ruined by the naming.

That said, if you are extremely certain a person is worth looking at, please refer to the TIPS thread for information of who to contact and how.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

I don't see it. Face shape is different as is the nose. But a side view would definitely be helpful

I'm new, the show led me here.

I read through the thread, and I just wanted to add my .02. I think a landscaper could be added into the mix of potential suspects for a few reasons; obviously the burlap, he would have a pickup truck that smells funny, tools, would be physically fit regardless of age, would know the area, would be comfortable in the brush, comfortable digging, would likely work at homes or estates where the occupants are on vacation (and know for how long). Landscaping is a job where you can find ex-cops, former military, and ex-cons (sometimes on the same crew). Landscapers and landscaping trucks are invisible to just about everybody including police officers due to the random nature of their work.

Anyway, thanks for indulging me.

I'm hearing not until February. =(

TOO LONG..... lol... all good.

Im kinda getting the jist of what the program has presented by peoples comments here ...... except for the wiki changes ...something to do with scpd and you guys being put on hold for a bit in making a call to someone...

Can anyone briefly tell me what that part in the show was. ... and what it was about..

Please

Puggle xx

TOO LONG..... lol... all good.

Im kinda getting the jist of what the program has presented by peoples comments here ...... except for the wiki changes ...something to do with scpd and you guys being put on hold for a bit in making a call to someone...

Can anyone briefly tell me what that part in the show was. ... and what it was about..

Please

Puggle xx
The wiki bit was about IP address of someone from SCPD who included the name of a Suffolk County Corrections officer (who was sued for sexual abuse that allegedly occurred between 2009-2010) in the wikipedia entry about the LISK.

You can see the wikipedia change, here.

The wiki bit was about IP address of someone from SCPD who included the name of a Suffolk County Corrections officer (who was sued for sexual abuse that allegedly occurred between 2009-2010) in the wikipedia entry about the LISK.

You can see the wikipedia change, here.

Furthermore, there are also other interesting entries made by the IP, such as this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:69.74.43.20&diff=prev&oldid=275776868

The IP's entire editing history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...74.43.20&offset=&limit=500&target=69.74.43.20

:welcome: To our new members :welcome:

Sure is great to see all the folks who have joined up to contribute and exchange ideas on these cases. All these victims deserve justice and their killer needs to be found and held to account.

To our guests who are reading along, please consider registering so you can join in the conversation. We'd love to hear your opinion and have you discussing the case with our veteran sleuthers and newer members.

Just joined WS so trying to navigate the site so bare with me. In the beginning of the show I think I heard the German profiler Peter Brendt mention that the "season" of killings start in early June. This may sound silly but maybe consider that the SK might possibly be a teacher/educater out for the summer?

First of all---- whaaaat a great show!!! Like, it was really, really good!! And from people who are always knee deep into true crime, it is hard to impress us with these shows. It always feels a little bit like you watched a movie after you already read the novel--- simplistic and underdeveloped. This one did not feel that way! Congrats. I am looking forward to watching more!

I think it is a real possibility that it is a cop, ex-cop or someone who is pretending to be a cop. There is one real good way to get your "victim" from one place to another without an argument or a fight---- show a badge and tell them that they are under arrest for solicitation. Handcuff them and walk them out. You have full control and compliance, and the person does not even realize they are a "victim" and not being arrested for illegal activity. We have all seen the shows where they do sting type operations on prostitutes. It would probably be very believable for any of them to think they were actually under arrest.

Just a thought!

Just joined WS so trying to navigate the site so bare with me. In the beginning of the show I think I heard the German profiler Peter Brendt mention that the "season" of killings start in early June. This may sound silly but maybe consider that the SK might possibly be a teacher/educater out for the summer?

Welcome!

LISK's killing season starting around June could pertain to many things. The teacher aspect could be one of them. Also, New York City gets extremely hot in the summer. And many wealthy families that live in the city do pack up and head out to Long Island and spend the season in their summer homes, and move back to the city at the end of August or September. I was in the heart of Manhattan during September a few years back. It was overcast, but the humidity was 100% and completely unbearable. I don't know how the local men I saw on Wall Street can wear suits in those kinds of conditions. It very well could be that LISK is wealthy and he (and perhaps his family) do the city summer leave for the Long Island summer shuffle. And I wouldn't be surprised if he had a summer home in the Hamptons.

Whatever the case, Gilgo Beach is his main hot spot. I believe he has a longtime personal and emotional connection to that beach area, either from childhood, or some time after. Perhaps he spent a lot of time with a girlfriend who broke up with him there, or he lost his virginity there at a young age and a female turned it into a horrible experience for him and he has resented them ever since. And I do believe after he dumps the bodies, he returns to the site to be close to the undiscovered remains, many times–weeks, months, and years later until they are found. I also believe that since the bodies have been found, he feels resentment as his secret trophy garden has been defiled by LE, the media, and the public in general. And it is possible he still visits the memorial sites of the victims there that were created by the family and friends. In a nutshell, LISK is a lot closer than the residents realize.

Yes, :greetings:to all new sleuthers! :)

It's great to see WS on The Killing Season... I'm just a simple lurker on the LISK threads usually but it makes me proud to be a fellow websleuther to those who have played such an important part with it.

I however, have only watched episode 1 so far so I'm covering my eyes as I leave this thread until later! :)

Good day all, I am new to this site but I have been interested in the LISK case for some time. Just throwing it out there but has anyone explored the possibility that the recent murder of Karina Vetrano is somehow connected? Queens has been mentioned a lot and Howard beach is only 30 miles west of Gilgo beach, not to mention they both contain the name beach. Also, another cold case (disappearance but never confirmed dead) that I wanted to mention was that of Carla Vincentini who disappeared from Newark in 2006; it seems that LISK had been operating around that time, preying on one woman every year (or every other year), at least beginning in 2007, but possibly even much earlier than that for all we know. Carla had last been seen walking out of a Newark bar in the Ironbound area (heavily populated by Brazilians and Portuguese) with who was reported by the media to be "a white male of unknown nationality, approximately 30 years old, 5-foot-8 and about 200 pounds. He had a fair complexion, with light eyes and short, salt and pepper hair" see the link below...

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/02/nine_years_after_disappearance_fbi_renewing_campai.html

I have no clue nor am I suggesting that Carla was a sex worker but it is common knowledge that the Ironbound does have a lot of working girls who either advertise their services online or work in one of the many local go-go bars. Again, I am not suggesting this was the case with Carla but I simply wanted to mention her name since her disappearance was only a year before that of Maureen Brainard-Barnes and she at least seems to share some similar physical & demographic characteristics with some of the other girls who have been murdered. At the time of her disappearance, she was 22, was 5' 7" and weighed approximately 140lbs; her physical characteristics (even hair color is very similar) as well as her age are strikingly similar to that of Megan Waterman.

Good day all, I am new to this site but I have been interested in the LISK case for some time. Just throwing it out there but has anyone explored the possibility that the recent murder of Karina Vetrano is somehow connected? Queens has been mentioned a lot and Howard beach is only 30 miles west of Gilgo beach, not to mention they both contain the name beach. Also, another cold case (disappearance but never confirmed dead) that I wanted to mention was that of Carla Vincentini who disappeared from Newark in 2006; it seems that LISK had been operating around that time, preying on one woman every year (or every other year), at least beginning in 2007, but possibly even much earlier than that for all we know. Carla had last been seen walking out of a Newark bar in the Ironbound area (heavily populated by Brazilians and Portuguese) with who was reported by the media to be "a white male of unknown nationality, approximately 30 years old, 5-foot-8 and about 200 pounds. He had a fair complexion, with light eyes and short, salt and pepper hair" see the link below...

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/02/nine_years_after_disappearance_fbi_renewing_campai.html

I have no clue nor am I suggesting that Carla was a sex worker but it is common knowledge that the Ironbound does have a lot of working girls who either advertise their services online or work in one of the many local go-go bars. Again, I am not suggesting this was the case with Carla but I simply wanted to mention her name since her disappearance was only a year before that of Maureen Brainard-Barnes and she at least seems to share some similar physical & demographic characteristics with some of the other girls who have been murdered. At the time of her disappearance, she was 22, was 5' 7" and weighed approximately 140lbs; her physical characteristics (even hair color is very similar) as well as her age are strikingly similar to that of Megan Waterman.

:welcome4:​

Rickyperez, welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for joining and deciding to contribute information and your thoughts on this. There are also other cases of missing women in North Jersey and and along the Shore. The increase in drug related deaths have had an impact too, I imagine. Great that you're keeping an eye out for patterns and similarities. I hope you continue to share your thoughts and ideas with us.

There are a threads for Carla Vincentini http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?137241-NJ-Carla-Vicentini-22-Newark-10-Feb-2006
and
Karina Vetrano http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...etrano-30-murdered-Queens-3-Aug-2016-Thread-3
you may find of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member