A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a theory that that is why Jack the Ripper targeted prostitutes as well?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Was AIDS an issue back in his time? I thought the disease is a fairly new one.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Somebody is killing men too. Wow, is it really eight? I think he could be in Fort Myers, but not because of the males. I think they (TKS) are off base with Daytona - doesn't fit. Fort Myers does.
This is such a scary thought. LISK or not, someone killed those men.
Having family in Ft. Myers, and visiting with my own family quite often.. the thought of a serial killer in the area FREAKS THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about something I posted a couple of days ago and now that its fully formed I'd like to share my thoughts.

Someone from the county has to maintain the area's surrounding Ocean Parkway, county worker's or community service individuals. Now having said that it would be easy for said person to see that the land surrounding the water isn't really heavily traveled and would know that the brambles would stop any visitors. Perfect spot to hide bodies in without discovery.

It was just by chance that the police officer took his canine officer out on that stretch of beach and the dog alerted. A human wouldn't go anywhere near those brambles but a dog would or at least a dog would attempt it not knowing it could injury them.
I love your posts!😉
Great insight into this case & really get me picking my brain thinking
" geeze, didn't think of THIS idea/perspective yet "

Your comment has me wondering if LISK meets his victims in a public place and then asks them to go for a ride or something like that. Victim assuming they are only meeting someone in a public place (lets say for to keep someone company and not sex) they may likely consider leaving their phone home. I did notice there was an amusement park not far from GB. Perhaps, the victim could have thought that because there were many people around, they didn't have to worry about not having their phone, that they could always cry out for help if they needed to.

The amusement park has me intrigued. Burlap sacks are used for that big slide you see at them. Could LISK be a seasonal worker there?

Along the lines of leaving their phones behind~~do we know for sure the victims left them behind? Could it be possible, LISK went to their apt or home and left it there? After all, I assume they had some kind of ID with their address on it.

Were the phones ever tested for DNA or fingerprints?
Great post, my friend!

This is such a scary thought. LISK or not, someone killed those men.
Having family in Ft. Myers, and visiting with my own family quite often.. the thought of a serial killer in the area FREAKS THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

It's common knowledge that the area between Fort Myers down to Miami is a dumping ground for bodies. There may be hundreds, if not thousands of bodies disposed of there. And if you don't want a body found, the swamp is a perfect place.

This is a link to the prime suspect in the Fort Myers 8 murders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Conahan
His killing spree was known as the Hog Trail Murders.

It's common knowledge that the area between Fort Myers down to Miami is a dumping ground for bodies. There may be hundreds, if not thousands of bodies disposed of there. And if you don't want a body found, the swamp is a perfect place.

This is a link to the prime suspect in the Fort Myers 8 murders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Conahan
His killing spree was known as the Hog Trail Murders.
Wow! I suppose I never have looked into this until I joined here a while back.
Even then..never really paid much attention until now😔
I am going to ask my aunt what SHE thinks of all of this..she's lived in Ft. Myers her entire life!

"I think the toddler is key to at least his personality. He didn't hunt the toddler she was just collateral. The mother was dismantled yet the toddler suffered apparently no trauma and was wrapped in plastic. The intense control it would have taken to slaughter the mother yet mercifully kill the toddler shows the passion or relatabitly the toddler had to the killer. I believe the killers mother or female grown up was a prostitute to make ends meet and probably witnessed her beat on and nearly killed numerous times. The Queens thing also shows it more than likely occurred in queens somewhere about 35-50 years ago. Looking at child service records around that time of these circumstances may open some new leads."

Or maybe LISK is a father.... Its a common thought that he is an average Joe..

Great post, my friend!

Interesting... I know that myself and everyone I know never leave home without their phones though. So I wonder why these girls did. It is a life line.

Its so interesting reading everyone's thoughts on this case. One reason I have to think it has never been solved is I keep thinking that there is some LE connection or Ex-LE connection.

So many articles I have seen that mention similar. Whether the killer knew how LE collects evidence or whether he knew that it took time to trace phone calls or other aspects of this case.

There were 2 girls that had some of their last known contact with anyone was near Penn Station and Port Authority which would have people around no matter what time.

Maureen Brainard-Barnes was near Penn Station and was trying to go home by train. That station would always have some public around even if very late. It is possible she couldnt catch a train till morning and may have done another trick to try to get more money but I have to wonder if maybe a uniformed LE did a fake arrest to get her in his car.

Same sort of thing with Jessica Taylor who was last seen near Port Authority which is the huge bus station area in NYC. So either a trick could have been done from there or a LE officer could have faked an arrest and nobody would have blinked an eye.

I lived in NYC for some time and if you are in the city for any length of time you will see someone getting arrested or confronted by police. Usually panhandlers trying to hassle people get confronted by LE and are made to stop which is a good thing because LE in NYC has done a good job in past years to not let that happen anymore.

So if a uniformed officer confronted and did a fake arrest of one of the woman then not too many people would think anything suspicous about it.

Since so many articles suggest a possible LE connection I have to wonder if maybe one or more of the girls were taken away using a fake arrest method.

There was one article I ran across that talks about an officer that LE had in their sights for this case and not sure if a name ever came out for who this person was in this article.

I have to wonder if the "Blue Code of Silence" is one of the reasons this case has never been solved. It sure seems to be the reason this person was not even named in this article.

"The source said authorities are investigating the officer and an ex-cop, who left the force almost two decades ago over sex charges;"

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/ex-staten_island_cop_was_one_o.html

AIDS wasn't around back then, but syphillis sure was a problem.

Ha! No not AIDS. I should have been more specific. A STD, I think syphilis.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

~

You may post your questions on the thread below, for Josh and Rachel, who will be live on Tricia's Websleuths Radio @ 8 pm EST
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...LIVE-WEBSLEUTHS-RADIO&p=12951729#post12951729

:welcomeback: Old members ~~~~~~~~ and:welcome3:​
I love these two❤ They have heart, they truly do!

Thank you, skibz, for the heads up. Fixed. :hug:

Q&A: Filmmakers Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills talk “THE KILLING SEASON”
by: Ken W. Hanley, Fangoria

11/19

[... last question asked about their "personal threshold" on "true-to-life type storytelling"]

"MILLS: .... I actually don’t know what my personal threshold is, to be quite frank. As soon as I think I’ve been living in the darkness for too long, I’ll talk to someone who is so courageous and fighting the good fight. When I see their strength and what they’re doing, it makes me think that I can go in a little bit more. But it’s a dark place to exist in for a long amount of time.

[...]

ZEMAN: ... I guess the point of these films and this series is to show the real darkness, and we can’t show it without living it. That’s part and parcel to exactly what we’re doing. At the same time, it does get a bit overwhelming when you’re out on the street in Albuquerque at 3:00 a.m. for the 14th night in a row, talking to sex workers who may not be alive in a year-and-a-half for one reason or another. By the same time, we’re emboldened by the fact that these women need someone to give them a voice, because law enforcement isn’t doing it. So for every dark moment, we’re really fighting for the light."

Interesting... I know that myself and everyone I know never leave home without their phones though. So I wonder why these girls did. It is a life line.
Agree 100% especially in their line of work! That " lifeline " would be SO very important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member