a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does the jury get to ask questions of Gus Jr. tomorrow? Also, I think court starts at 3pm EST, am I correct?

So does the jury get to ask questions of Gus Jr. tomorrow? Also, I think court starts at 3pm EST, am I correct?

No. 4 PM EDT. Remember that Arizona is now 3 hours behind us on the East Coast.

Did this raise any eyebrows in court? Wilmott had a little slip of the tongue where she called Jodi his patient, then caught it right away and changed it to client. Jump to 31:45 here.
Jodi Arias Trial - Day 33 - Part 3

As Sililoquy said, 4 pm. BUT, unfortunately Willmott's not finished yet.

I HOPE the jury gets their turn. She'll see the questions though in the am so she can tailor her recross to those questions.

I HOPE the jury gets their turn. She'll see the questions though in the am so she can tailor her recross to those questions.

Ugh. Surely it doesn't matter at this point. I don't think there is going to be a resurrection of this doctor's good name and reputation.

Katie, this is an "inside the courtroom" question so I hope it's ok to ask it here.

There is a tweeter from AZCentral who I follow who just posted this:

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer
The Arias courtroom is full as usual, with day gawkers on one side and press and prosecution groupies on the other. Anyone else tired?

I asked how he distinguishes between day gawkers and prosecution groupies but so far no answer.

I know Beth has been very kind to all of you but do you notice any resentment from other reporters?

MOO
There are some day gawkers. They want to come see ja in person and the trial. I call 'em.
There are also some of us who are there to support Travis' family and don't give a rats a$$ about ja.
I rarely look at her, she's of no interest to me other than getting justice for Travis.
MOO and all that stuffs. :)

Turn around is fair play...Dedicated to KatieCoolLady, PASA, and all court observers. From the Juan Fan Page on facebook. :)

Juan Martinez - Prosecutor Support Page says:(saw jurors today)

When Juan first came out of the gate most, if not all, the jurors were taking notes.
Most of the jurors were looking back and forth between Juan and Samuels when he was asking why Samuels didn't include new info in the addendum
Juan Martinez and Esteban Flores were sharing a little laugh during the break. It was nice to see them smile. They probably know the witness is not doing well.
Right before trial started this morning, I saw Wilmott enter the court and tell when of the guards, "I'm in panic mode."
Most of the jurors just looks tired and at times annoyed. They look the most relaxed and refreshed after lunch.
One juror - a male who sits in the second row - rubbed his face and eyes for a couple minutes during one of the times Wilmott asked to approach. I thought I saw this same juror give a slight smile when JM was objecting.
Jodi looks waif like. I think this intentional as she's meant to look she couldn't possibly carry out a crime like this. Fortunately, we have seen the TV interviews where she looks healthier.
The jurors in the front row seem to take more notes and be more attentive than the ones in the back row. I'd say that maybe 2-3 of the 10-11 males are senior citizens. There are a couple who are middle aged, and a couple who are fairly young (in their 20s and early 30s).
There are maybe four women who are middle-aged, and two who are younger (20s or 30s).
I could see some of the jurors dozing off (or closing their eyes for extended periods of time) when Wilmott came back up for rebuttal
A juror in the 2nd row was laughing at one point when Wilmott made an angry objection

As Sililoquy said, 4 pm. BUT, unfortunately Willmott's not finished yet.

There are questions. I saw some in the basket today and yesterday. They're collected throughout the day.

MOO
There are some day gawkers. They want to come see ja in person and the trial. I call 'em.
There are also some of us who are there to support Travis' family and don't give a rats a$$ about ja.
I rarely look at her, she's of no interest to me other than getting justice for Travis.
MOO and all that stuffs. :)

ita!

When Arias was on the stand - sometimes I couldn't watch because her face just made me feel so ill... I'm actually really glad she's not testi-lying anymore.

Hi PASA,

Just wondering if you get a sense that the jury feels the tension between the attys and if there are any signs that they (like us) see the unprofessional-ism of the DT when they do not get their way??? TIA :seeya:

Ugh. Surely it doesn't matter at this point. I don't think there is going to be a resurrection of this doctor's good name and reputation.

BBM

Resurrection implies that it was alive at one time. I find that hard to believe with this guy. :giggle:

Is there a full day of court tomorrow? Anyone know?

Judge Stephens told the jury to be back at 1p.m. tomorrow. Not sure why, but hope it's to tell JW not to call for a side bar every 10 seconds. At this rate the trial will be in closing arguments around Thanksgiving.

Is there a full day of court tomorrow? Anyone know?

Jurors asked to be there at 1p AZ time....not sure if they are vetting juror questions in the a.m. OR if they are allowing one of the attys to attend a funeral???

Judge Stephens told the jury to be back at 1p.m. tomorrow. Not sure why, but hope it's to tell JW not to call for a side bar every 10 seconds. At this rate the trial will be in closing arguments around Thanksgiving.

You crack me up PASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member