a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE JUANETTES. Who would like to come up with the music and lyrics?

Is is OK for me to repost this photo on Juan's fan page! I know several thousands of people who would "oooohhhhhh" and "aaahhhhhhh" me included.

Katie, the Cool Lady, just wanted you to know I just talked with Ann over there on Juan's fan page and she just glowed about meeting you! :)

I sat with her in court! And of course made a semi fool of myself saying "I love the Juantages" (like I was telling them about them) and her co creator of the board was right there and she MAKES THEM!

Cheddar in a squirt can. This is going on my baked potatos

Didn't Jodi Arias post the video of Travis doing "Eddie Snell" comedy routine for PPL to youtube right around the time of Travis texting her she was a sociopath?
So is Jodi taking her story from the character Travis portrays in the video? His friend said Travis was totally opposite of that character. DD and his co-host were discussing this behavior (she thinks it was sorta crude) but Drew said it was a character, sad because Travis was talented and funny... here is the proof of her uploading Eddie Snell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hJl-kt2pIa0

More so if true along with the gas cans, cell phone turned off, hair dyed, Ryan alibi, etc.--Jodi planned this murder well in advance and her defense if caught and planned to slander his good name. Evil, evil woman.

I watched Dr. Drew tonight (Katie I waved at you, did you see me?) and they played a video of Travis doing standup wearing a wig. First thing that came to mind was the number of times he used the word "Crap" in his skit. Am I mistaken or was that one of the words JA claims Travis hated and would admonish her for using?

Boy, that Nurmi is sure not interested much anymore. He appears to grudgingly get up in order to lumber up to the bench for the numerous sidebars. Then when up there, today he was even turning away from the proceedings, looking over his left shoulder.

It has become apparent to me that he is likely younger than I perceived him to be at first. Any guesses on Mr. Nurmi's age?

Juan is indeed amazing, so I guess that makes me a Juanette also. What I find to be so super amazing about him is that he is doing the prosecution all on his own. And his depth of knowledge is great. He knew exactly what he was doing with those questions he was asking about the psychological tests today. About which one has result scoring compared to non-diagnosed and which one is compared to the already diagnosed. I think that means that unlike Dr. Fog, Juan Martinez reads (and remembers) more than just the "summary" of an article!

Regarding the not-good "Doctor" sending a self-help book to a supposedly suicidal evaluation subject, that was indeed totally out of bounds. Arias was not to be either a patient or a client - which is just another term used for "patient" by the way. She was to be the subject of a professional evaluation. Period. So, yes, very questionable behavior on the part of this psychologist. I also question the amount of time he spent with her. 25-30 hours is a LOT, especially based on the lack of testing involved. I wonder what the standard amount of hours is for a forensic psychological evaluation, on average? There is probably a scale of payment for this service when it is coming from public monies.

So, $250/hour for 25 hours would be $5,750.00. That's a hefty little sum.

Boy, that Nurmi is sure not interested much anymore. He appears to grudgingly get up in order to lumber up to the bench for the numerous sidebars. Then when up there, today he was even turning away from the proceedings, looking over his left shoulder.

It has become apparent to me that he is likely younger than I perceived him to be at first. Any guesses on Mr. Nurmi's age?

Juan is indeed amazing, so I guess that makes me a Juanette also. What I find to be so super amazing about him is that he is doing the prosecution all on his own. And his depth of knowledge is great. He knew exactly what he was doing with those questions he was asking about the psychological tests today. About which one has result scoring compared to non-diagnosed and which one is compared to the already diagnosed. I think that means that unlike Dr. Fog, Juan Martinez reads (and remembers) more than just the "summary" of an article!

Regarding the not-good "Doctor" sending a self-help book to a supposedly suicidal evaluation subject, that was indeed totally out of bounds. Arias was not to be either a patient or a client - which is just another term used for "patient" by the way. She was to be the subject of a professional evaluation. Period. So, yes, very questionable behavior on the part of this psychologist. I also question the amount of time he spent with her. 25-30 hours is a LOT, especially based on the lack of testing involved. I wonder what the standard amount of hours is for a forensic psychological evaluation, on average? There is probably a scale of payment for this service when it is coming from public monies.

So, $250/hour for 25 hours would be $5,750.00. That's a hefty little sum.

BBM: I wonder what he charges to come prepared for court :great:

I watched Dr. Drew tonight (Katie I waved at you, did you see me?) and they played a video of Travis doing standup wearing a wig. First thing that came to mind was the number of times he used the word "Crap" in his skit. Am I mistaken or was that one of the words JA claims Travis hated and would admonish her for using?

I noticed him saying "crap" also. It was Lisa Andrews who testified that TA did not like her to say crap, poop or fart. I felt so bad for her.

Watchers, thank you for your posts. I've tried to keep up but know I've missed a lot.
I've been wondering something.... I've heard Dr S say several times that one of the tells for PTSD is JA avoiding things that remind her of the "incident". Did it ever come up that she wanted to go by his house after the funeral? And did the jury see the interview with Det Flores where she said she wanted to see the crime scene photos out of morbid curiosity? (I'd also love to know if the jury has seen her studying the crime scene photos every time they're shown!!) Thx in advance!!

We must be the same age, that song was popular when I was a Senior in High School, 1964

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1e_kc6jUQ

Little Peggy March lived practically around the corner from me. We didn't go to school together - she went to Lansdale Catholic High (in Lansdale, PA) - me - North Penn High School, also in the same town. OTOH, I did go to school with John Oates of Hall & Oates!

Anyone in court today know what JA is popping in her mouth? It's about at 23:14, right after the sidebar. Jodi Arias Trial - Day 33 - Part 3 - YouTube

At around 18 minutes into the video, it appears to me that JA's expression and body language change slightly. She gets that sneaky, eye darting look and starts to check to see if she is being watched. At 18:31, she quickly takes orange folder and puts it on her lap. All the while keeping her eyes looking forward as though nothing is going on. You can see movement of her upper arms as she fiddles with the folder on her lap. At 23:16 her attorney Jennifer W. is back at the table, standing with her back to JA. Whatever JA is holding between her thumb and forefinger quickly goes into JA's mouth. She quickly downs a gulp of water. At 25:11, camouflaged by her jacket, the orange folder appears on the defense table to JA's right. The folder appears to have paper and pencils in it. Looks to me that the folder is hers. If that is true, then why all the subterfuge in handling the folder? If she did have a pill in the folder, why all the mystery?

I'm sending that stuff to Janine Driver to check out...very interesting. I'd be interested to,see what's on the underside of that desk.

At around 18 minutes into the video, it appears to me that JA's expression and body language change slightly. She gets that sneaky, eye darting look and starts to check to see if she is being watched. At 18:31, she quickly takes orange folder and puts it on her lap. All the while keeping her eyes looking forward as though nothing is going on. You can see movement of her upper arms as she fiddles with the folder on her lap. At 23:16 her attorney Jennifer W. is back at the table, standing with her back to JA. Whatever JA is holding between her thumb and forefinger quickly goes into JA's mouth. She quickly downs a gulp of water. At 25:11, camouflaged by her jacket, the orange folder appears on the defense table to JA's right. The folder appears to have paper and pencils in it. Looks to me that the folder is hers. If that is true, then why all the subterfuge in handling the folder? If she did have a pill in the folder, why all the mystery?

At about 54:15 she keeps looking repeatedly into her lap for something. I notice there was no guard standing near her today.

Did anyone else get the impression that Juan was forced to end his cross a bit earlier than he wanted to due to the utter lack of preparedness on the part of the doctor and the obnoxious unprofessionalism of Ms. Wilmott? He seemed so exasperated with the whole thing. He was about to ask about the inconsistencies of the pedophilia story but the doctor had not dated his notes. Oy.

From what I heard and read, the jury seems WAY over this witness. Did you get that impression PASA? Also, they had to notice that Wilmott was basically coaching the doctor on the stand how to answer the questions to fit the story they'd been developing in this trial and he was still getting things wrong. If I was this DT, I would be mortified. His entire testimony is null because his diagnosis is based on something he knew to be a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth