a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Dr. Drew tonight (Katie I waved at you, did you see me?) and they played a video of Travis doing standup wearing a wig. First thing that came to mind was the number of times he used the word "Crap" in his skit. Am I mistaken or was that one of the words JA claims Travis hated and would admonish her for using?

Noticed someone had answered already, but 'crap' is also a word JA uses when she realizes she killed someone. As in "oh crap".

I am really impressed with Juan's absolute deep knowledge of every witness and every subject they are going to testify to. His knowledge of the tests and the guides and the witness is more than impressive. He does his homework and then some.

His attention to detail is phenomenal. In addition, his memory is unbelievable (i.e.: he doesn't have to refer to notes at all, anytime) and he knows every detail of this case inside and out. His ability to think on the fly and change direction according to what witness just said is just amazing. It's painful and embarrassing to watch JW pause and search thru papers before she moves on. Not only does this tell me she can't remember particulars, but she has planned what she is going to say, has a list and has to refer to it and read from it. Juan just effortlessly moves along without a written plan. He's brilliant. I'm sure the DT don't look quite the bumbling idiots when against another prosecutor who isn't quite as prepared and quick on his feet as Juan is. I literally cringe sometimes watching DT try to get their thoughts together and vocalized.

Was it that this is the only guy they could get, or did someone on the defense vet him and think he was a good choice?

He is in the area and his "expertise" is somewhat alligned with Nurmi's.. I believe they have worked together before. I know someone has to work with offenders in sex crime cases but I often wonder if some of the slime wears off.:twocents:

Does anyone know of a link to the juror's questionnaire for this trial? There was a motion to release this information which the judge did approve, but I can't find the document.

I would really like to see the screening questions for this trial.

At around 18 minutes into the video, it appears to me that JA's expression and body language change slightly. She gets that sneaky, eye darting look and starts to check to see if she is being watched. At 18:31, she quickly takes orange folder and puts it on her lap. All the while keeping her eyes looking forward as though nothing is going on. You can see movement of her upper arms as she fiddles with the folder on her lap. At 23:16 her attorney Jennifer W. is back at the table, standing with her back to JA. Whatever JA is holding between her thumb and forefinger quickly goes into JA's mouth. She quickly downs a gulp of water. At 25:11, camouflaged by her jacket, the orange folder appears on the defense table to JA's right. The folder appears to have paper and pencils in it. Looks to me that the folder is hers. If that is true, then why all the subterfuge in handling the folder? If she did have a pill in the folder, why all the mystery?

Wow good observation! And once again, she is using her right hand. When she cut her finger's at work rotating margarita glasses, it was the right hand. She said that had healed before going to Travis's. Then SHE says/lies that while she was at Travis's that morning she "dropped" a glass and cut her right fingers ONCE AGAIN while cleaning the broken glass up.
Don't get me wrong, I do believe her left bent finger was injured during the stuggle while killing TA. My question is why is it SO important for her to insist she is left handed? Is it because the cuts and bandaids where on the right finger when she went to Ryans? Although she wants to make sure all bases are covered by saying she is ambidexterous. Maybe it makes no difference at all in this case, it's just something that has really bothered me. Especially reaching back to "rotate" the cool glasses with the hot glasses that just came out of the dishwasher, wouldn't you use your most dominant hand?

His attention to detail is phenomenal. In addition, his memory is unbelievable (i.e.: he doesn't have to refer to notes at all, anytime) and he knows every detail of this case inside and out. His ability to think on the fly and change direction according to what witness just said is just amazing. It's painful and embarrassing to watch JW pause and search thru papers before she moves on. Not only does this tell me she can't remember particulars, but she has planned what she is going to say, has a list and has to refer to it and read from it. Juan just effortlessly moves along without a written plan. He's brilliant. I'm sure the DT don't look quite the bumbling idiots when against another prosecutor who isn't quite as prepared and quick on his feet as Juan is. I literally cringe sometimes watching DT try to get their thoughts together and vocalized.

Absolutely!!

How about .... being a "Juanton" woman .... that'd be me when it comes to Mr. Juanderlust ..... I am so totally head over heals for that man!! Who knows what I might do for him? :blushing:

Katie Dr Drew's Juror and our man Juan. :)
Got this at the courthouse right after court.
I didn't go to happy hour today, was too worn out.

8zk4g0.jpg

Look at those Hottie Biscottis! So cute!

At around 18 minutes into the video, it appears to me that JA's expression and body language change slightly. She gets that sneaky, eye darting look and starts to check to see if she is being watched. At 18:31, she quickly takes orange folder and puts it on her lap. All the while keeping her eyes looking forward as though nothing is going on. You can see movement of her upper arms as she fiddles with the folder on her lap. At 23:16 her attorney Jennifer W. is back at the table, standing with her back to JA. Whatever JA is holding between her thumb and forefinger quickly goes into JA's mouth. She quickly downs a gulp of water. At 25:11, camouflaged by her jacket, the orange folder appears on the defense table to JA's right. The folder appears to have paper and pencils in it. Looks to me that the folder is hers. If that is true, then why all the subterfuge in handling the folder? If she did have a pill in the folder, why all the mystery?

Look at those Hottie Biscottis! So cute!

I think getting caught with time stamped pictures is what is making her "FEEL SAD" :giggle:
Not the actual killing.

Wow. I hope Willmott is not slipping her Xanax or something.
Notice how she drinks with her right hand here... but when on the stand, she made it a point to drink with her left hand. She would pick up the cup, rotate her wrist/hand in order to expose her fake broken finger to the jury. What a joke this woman is.

Headed back this afternoon for court today. I'll visit my bro after so the notes will come in 8ish my time. Hope to get some good juror questions!

PS.. fwiw, the notebook or whatever was handed to her mom was one of those notebooks that are black and white on the outside with binded pages within. I forgot the official name for them. But my kids used them in college, mostly. They have three holes in them for possibly being placed in a three-ringed binder.

A composition book. :)

tater, thank you for adding the details involving this. And I agree, why so sneaky?
Because that's how she lives her life. ?

Do you happen to know if this was before or after the up close conversation with the mitigator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, paraphrasing, one of the guest shrinks said Jodi's right hand might be busy distracting you with the folder (she knows she is on camera) while staring straight ahead, from what the left hand is actually doing. (Perhaps snagging a pill someone left out.)

Anyone in court today know what JA is popping in her mouth? It's about at 23:14, right after the sidebar. Jodi Arias Trial - Day 33 - Part 3 - YouTube

I know when they were first showing the court room before they brought the jury in, JA reached into one of the folders on the desk and pulled something out with her fingertips. She then started to unwrap it (piece of candy?), realized the cameras were watching her, and put her hands into her lap.

Guess someone is breaking the law by giving her food/candy???? I thought when the lunch issue came up, that it was said that only the jail can provide anything for her. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee