a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is I thought maybe her hiney was sore and she is cushioning it...wonder why it would be sore? :waitasec:

She's at heightened risk for hemorrhoids. :fence:

Did this raise any eyebrows in court? Wilmott had a little slip of the tongue where she called Jodi his patient, then caught it right away and changed it to client. Jump to 31:45 here.
Jodi Arias Trial - Day 33 - Part 3

I also remember when Samuels was testifying, he said Jodi had a "breakthrough". This crosses the line of evaluator to therapist. Did anyone else catch this?

Question for Katiecoolady .............

Have you ever asked Janine Driver about her "observations" regarding Kirk Nurmi? To me he seems totally tuned out .. he positions his body completely away from JW and JA.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

All these comments about Jodi taking valium, xanax, whatever....While I'm in no way a Jodi supporter, she had been doing the headache thing yesterday...you know, rubbing her temples, bridge of her nose, clearly a headache, and she was probably given an aspirin.

There are far bigger fish to fry in this trial, without supposing that the DT is feeding her illegal drugs...lol

Good morning everyone, I hope this post is in the right place, if not will someone please put it in the right place, Thank you.
I thought I could not be more impressed with Travis’ family than I have been in these past very long weeks, I was wrong. Last week my hubby and I received a thank you card from Tanisha. Receiving this card is not what impressed me, anyone who has watched this trial can see, even if it’s seen only on TV, the dignity this family has, the class, the strength, it is amazing. What impressed me even more then I was is Tanisha hand wrote her thank you message. With all that this family has been through and is still going through, for Tanisha to take the time to hand write a thank card is so impressive to me. JA has never and will never be on the same level as Travis and his family!

I also remember when Samuels was testifying, he said Jodi had a "breakthrough". This crosses the line of evaluator to therapist. Did anyone else catch this?
I did!! Samuels was so proud when it came out of his mouth too!! When he and Nurmi visited her to confront her with her lie....eureka a breakthrough!!

What I want to know is what psychiatric diagnosis did Samuels have in mind when he chose to give JA the test for psychiatric patients and not the general population?? Nobody has asked and nobody is telling.

Compulsive lying alone would have warranted exploration into about 30 different potential diagnosis listed in his outdated DSM. The fact that he's come up with 2 and not 20 areas of potential disfunction must drive the jury mad with anger!!

*snip*My question is why is it SO important for her to insist she is left handed?

I think it might have something to do with the angle of the knife wounds. "This stabbling was clearly the work of a right handed person!" (said in Perry Mason voice)

THE JUANETTES. Who would like to come up with the music and lyrics?

I worked for many years with the Rockettes, so when I read this I thought of them and their classic routine to "One" from A Chorus Line....

...which inspired me to come up with a truncated version, which I'll post in the Sidebar thread so as not to derail this discussion. I'll put it there in a few minutes (hope this is ok with the mods).

All these comments about Jodi taking valium, xanax, whatever....While I'm in no way a Jodi supporter, she had been doing the headache thing yesterday...you know, rubbing her temples, bridge of her nose, clearly a headache, and she was probably given an aspirin.

There are far bigger fish to fry in this trial, without supposing that the DT is feeding her illegal drugs...lol

Whatever it is it's contraband. If her jailers were giving it to her, she'd be taking it at recess or lunch or any of the other 4 hours a day the jury isn't there. So it's coming through her team. If JA needs medical care, she should get it from an MD not a JD.
That and it's a slippery slope from Advil to cyanide. :twocents:

I have got to find out more information on Katie DD's juror handbag in that picture. I WANT! Sooooowa, just in case you get a chance for some purse intel. :)

JMO, but I don't think she was "sneaking" whatever it was she took. It looked pretty open to me, hence my reasoning for thinking it was aspirin or something similar ;)

Originally Posted by Dmacky
*snip*My question is why is it SO important for her to insist she is left handed?

I think it might have something to do with the angle of the knife wounds. "This stabbling was clearly the work of a right handed person!" (said in Perry Mason voice)

I am left handed and I was watching her yesterday. It was awkward and unnatural the way she was using it. No flow and she kept lifting her arm with each word she was writing. I seriously doubt she is a left handed writer.

Originally Posted by Dmacky

I am left handed and I was watching her yesterday. It was awkward and unnatural the way she was using it. No flow and she kept lifting her arm with each word she was writing. I seriously doubt she is a left handed writer.

And whe she writes and drinks with her right hand it flows and looks natural.

Headed back this afternoon for court today. I'll visit my bro after so the notes will come in 8ish my time. Hope to get some good juror questions!

Hope it is a good day in court. Enjoy. And till praying for your brother.

JMO, but I don't think she was "sneaking" whatever it was she took. It looked pretty open to me, hence my reasoning for thinking it was aspirin or something similar ;)
I think she was. If you watch that video at approximately 18:31 she slides the orange folder into her lap, where it and her hands remained for the next 4 minutes or so (she was also looking down in her lap periodically during this time). At approximately 23:10 the attorneys return to the defense table and that is when she popped that pill into her mouth and took a drink of water. IMO, she waited until a sidebar because she thought that everyone would be paying attention to the attorneys as they were walking back. Too bad the camera zoomed in on her at that exact moment and caught the whole thing on tape, lol!

I also think in the other clip of her being sneaky, she used the yellow notebook to conceal a pencil, slid the notebook in front of the moniter, palmed the pencil and hid it under her butt. Either way, a deputy needs to be posted in that empty chair against the wall immediately to her right so she can be watched like a hawk.
This link is to a story about a man who committed suicide in an Arizona courtroom last year, after he was found guilty of arson and fraud. They need to take this very seriously. :twocents:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/arizona-millionaire-apparently-commits-suicide-16683097

It looks to me like Nurmi has given up on rehabilitating JA's image. A few days before Mr. Dick testified, he looked resigned and downtrodden. During Mr. Dick's testimony, as his sloppy record keeping and more of JA's lies and manipulative behaviors were exposed, Nurmi seemed to deflate like an inflatable lawn ornament that has retired for the season. I noticed that during JM's cross examination, Nurmi's hand was not on his face. He looks thoroughly disgusted and almost completely defeated. Since Nurmi is probably the one who employed Mr. Dick, his perceived good reputation is now a laughing matter amongst his peers. Another victim of JA, the emotional vampire.

http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Articles/Emotional-Vampire-survival.htm

Gus Searcy on Judge Judy!​
Wow. Why am I not surprised? So much for him making mega bucks if his ex-wife and daughter need to sue him for money! Grant it, it's not the full episode but there's enough to hint to the problem!
He's a media *advertiser censored* too! What a creep. It figures he'd be one of Jodi's only remaining friends! Something just ain't right with him.

http://youtu.be/Y0ehd7zVwvQ

(Can't embed for some reason)

Since a lot of you wonderful peeps stay in this thread, I thought I might bring this over to you for a morning chuckle.

Gus Searcy being sued by his own daughter! She's trying to get her furniture back from her "father". :facepalm:

I remember this episode. Thanks to Sundawnn for finding it. :thud:

For me the point of the sneaking items off the defense table and the alleged pill popping is, JA is the big fish to be fried. First, as an inmate, JA does not have the freedom to regulate her own life. In prison she is totally supervised and restricted. No contraband. She is breaking prison rules by taking medication not dispensed by a prison official AND she needs to be held accountable. One of the many reasons JA is incarcerated is because she BREAKS THE RULES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman