A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katiecoo and Anita and PASA, too: thank you all so much for traveling to the courthouse and taking notes for all of us that would like to be there, but can't. Like me--I live thousands of miles away, but your notes and insights give us all a clearer understanding of what is going on. The tv camera only shows so much and never pans over the jury. It's such a relief to hear about the jurors' reactions because I think we've all been worried that someone might be sympathetic toward this killer. Thank you, too, so much for being there for Travis's family. I can't begin to imagine the hell they have endured and continue to go through because of Arias. (Can't bring myself to call her by her first name, just can't do it.)

:yourock:

I'll say here what I said yesterday so all of the other courtroom observers I talked to (including the defense attorney, Bill Dr. D's producer and Beth K): "There are jurors on that panel who are relieved that Juan Martinez is coming out aggressively at this vicious murderer because they've been waiting for this confrontation just like we have". Everyone nodded their head in agreement. Maybe not all of those jurors but some of them already have a full handle on this sociopath so there could be some who found him too soft actually.

Thank you both for being in the courtroom and sharing your observations. Will you both be there next week and will the other Katie being joining us here? I just can't wait for Monday.

I'll be there every day next week I think at least for part of the day. And "tok" will be joining us! I may have to nudge her a bit more but she's thinking of making her posting name "Dr Drew's Juror" which I think would be great...less confusing and it's who she is!

Juan was trying to get JA to say what time the Mimi's restaurant opened - maybe that's what you were taking notes on(?)

That's exactly it! Thank you! Mimi's day being that day she worked at Mimi's but couldn't remember times...no jurors taking notes during that whole deal.

One other thing I forgot. I asked one of my friends who's reporting on this trial (who also "parachuted in " this week in his words so he's asked me a lot of background questions to get up to speed) what his impressions of her were here being a man. He said "I'm terrified". Talked about how scary she is, how he'd never go to sleep with her in a room, how he's never seen such a scary female. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit from a pretty seasoned journalist.

Thank you for sharing your perspective and notes with us Katie and Anita. Big thanks!

I'm relieved to hear of jurors reactions. So many th yesterday seemed to think Jodi was doing well and is credible. All that matters is that they (jury) sees through her. I pray they all do.

Looking forward to reading your notes Anita.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Ann Campbell was her former Attorney

OMG! Can Ms. Campbell be implemented somehow is trying to pass these magazines to MM? I heard the guard caught them in time. But wow. And Ann is hanging out with Donavan, a felon? WTH???

One other thing I forgot. I asked one of my friends who's reporting on this trial (who also "parachuted in " this week in his words so he's asked me a lot of background questions to get up to speed) what his impressions of her were here being a man. He said "I'm terrified". Talked about how scary she is, how he'd never go to sleep with her in a room, how he's never seen such a scary female. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit from a pretty seasoned journalist.

I have so many questions, so little time. Jodi scared the daylights out of me yesterday and I am at home in Indiana. I bet every man on that jury will vote to convict her so she is never near their son, brother, dad, colleague, whoever.

Page 2

Juan bobs and weaves like a prize fighter. He really is a sight to behold in the courtroom.

"August is slow for restaurants"? Really, people cease eating in August?!

Steve Carroll and the "2 part message" (I don't think there was a second message until she fabricated one at Travis's insistance. It was a ploy to make him jealous.) "Fabricating is not a LIE?" Jury LIKED that!!!

This jury is so professional. Not a lot of facial expressions but they are definitely active listeners, taking notes and sometimes subtle nods of the head.

JM just mocked NURMI! <giggle> "Peeping in his window" Love that he keeps saying "peeping".

She just called Travis "Alexander".

In Jodi's Book of Relationships "sometimes" sexual monogamy=monogamous and sometimes not.

"Tricolor" juror looks like "HMMM?" when JM brings up Ryan Burns and she says they were in a Love Sac. (Do all of the products in the trial have to have such titillating names?! lol)

You know I heard someone say that yesterday and I was like WTHeck.:waitasec:
It was reported on In Session yesterday. I apologize if it was mis-information. But there is indeed an Anne Campbell in Vacaville California who is an attorney. It was mentioned in court by Mr. Martinez as well.

Page 3 (Holy cow, I've got 15 pages. It's a small notebook. Maybe I'll just condense the rest of the pages into one or two more posts. If you have a thought about that either way, please reply to this and I'll see it when I'm done with the next page. I am as slooooo a typist as Jodi is a reader! ;)

AHA! We're onto the Wonky Finger! Poor Wonky and Lonely Left Ring Finger which will never have a wedding band.

Why does she smirk so much whenever JM mentions Detective Flores? Did she think she had him under her spell? (You could see the smirk across the courtroom, clearly.)

Wondering if any WebSleuthers have questions they would ask Jodi's mom. She's sitting at the opposite end of the row from me, I would totally pass her a note. Her sister is wearing the headphones, so is the elderly male juror.

I gotta name these jurors, I won't be able to remember them tomorrow.

Is the young Mexican juror SLEEPING? We're at sidebar, but come on!

My head is on a swivel right now. I hope my part of the gallery is not being filmed because I'm practically out of my seat trying to see everything in the courtroom.

Juan gestures A LOT during sidebar. He's so cute next to Wilmot and The Bear.

Journal is in.

OMG!!! She is on trial for her FREAKING LIFE! How can she be so glib?! I would be a sobbing mess, begging for forgiveness.

Page 3 (Holy cow, I've got 15 pages. It's a small notebook. Maybe I'll just condense the rest of the pages into one or two more posts. If you have a thought about that either way, please reply to this and I'll see it when I'm done with the next page. I am as slooooo a typist as Jodi is a reader! ;)

AHA! We're onto the Wonky Finger! Poor Wonky and Lonely Left Ring Finger which will never have a wedding band.

Why does she smirk so much whenever JM mentions Detective Flores? Did she think she had him under her spell? (You could see the smirk across the courtroom, clearly.)

Wondering if any WebSleuthers have questions they would ask Jodi's mom. She's sitting at the opposite end of the row from me, I would totally pass her a note. Her sister is wearing the headphones, so is the elderly male juror.

I gotta name these jurors, I won't be able to remember them tomorrow.

Is the young Mexican juror SLEEPING? We're at sidebar, but come on!

My head is on a swivel right now. I hope my part of the gallery is not being filmed because I'm practically out of my seat trying to see everything in the courtroom.

Juan gestures A LOT during sidebar. He's so cute next to Wilmot and The Bear.

Journal is in.

OMG!!! She is on trial for her FREAKING LIFE! How can she be so glib?! I would be a sobbing mess, begging for forgiveness.

NO CONDENSING!!!! :floorlaugh: I want to feel like I'm there!

I noticed Jodi only refers to Det. Flores as "Flores" with disdain--I think she actually thought she was turning him on in the interview room.:pullhair:

Anita... just wondering if you noticed when Donovan (I think) passed a note or something to the sheriff (sitting behind defense table)?

Page 4

Nurmi definitely has a sight disorder. He is practically on Wilmot's lap reading the journal. (It's quite a sight from behind.)

At sidebars, over the speaker system they play loud white noise (static). I've always wondered how the jury doesn't hear the attorney's arguing their objections to the judge! Now I know. There is so much media in the back of the room (prosecution side.)

Harold, Tanisha's husband occasionally looks across the aisle at Jodi's mom (she's sitting on the aisle, too). It's not an angry look, it's compassionate. Looking for humanity? Empathy? He and Tanisha's hands are clasped together and have been for this entire session so far. I can see her braid, but not her face, nor the rest of his siblings. I do, however, have a great view of Donovan, Jodi's friend. It's a complete sensory experience, let me tell you. D and her girlfriend keep passing notes. Not to pass judgement, but I'm the mom of little kids and I'm anal about hand washing. D has VERY dirty fingernails and they're making me gag a little. She also has finger tattoos. I wonder what it says when SHE makes a fist. I wonder if I'll get the guts to ask her.

Jodi's without glasses today. I think she's attractive, albeit a little mousy looking.

Judge Stevens. Sigh. Being a Judge is hard. (I have no idea what was going on then, that's just what my notes said! lol)

God, I'm a creepy creeper! Not bothered AT ALL about reading another person's journal! What does that say about ME?

Anita... just wondering if you noticed when Donovan (I think) passed a note or something to the sheriff (sitting behind defense table)?

YES! I was PART of that!!!:great: Want me to tell you now or do you want to wait for it in my notes?

Anita you can join me in the slow typist section! Post your notes however is easiest for you!

Many thanks to yourself, Katie and Pasa for making us feel like we were in the courtroom too!!

I honestly couldn't have imagined a better day; sadly we were there for such a tragic occurrence. Did I mention I got to meet Beth Karas?! :D Stupidly I didn't ask for a picture though!

I'm so happy you made it up for the trial. I love Beth too, she's awesome, but haven't had the good fortune to meet her yet. :-)

Still catching up. Looking forward to reading your report. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24