Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My opinion is that Richard Allen did not commit this crime, although he will probably get convicted of it. People do not go from living a seemingly normal life to torturer, murderer of children, then back to a normal life.

To do so, would take the mindset of a psychopath, which Richard Allen does not appear to be.

There were no signs that I am aware of regarding a change in his demeanor after the crime that would indicate psychopathic behavior. The only alleged link to him was the bullet as far as I can tell. But, it was an unfired bullet. How do ballistics play a role in that identification?

And, how did a bullet allegedly from his gun get there? He would have had to rack the gun, eject the bullet, and not know if was on the ground. Then, he would have had to bury it between the bodies? Again, that makes no sense and the killer would have to know the bullet would lead back to him

The location of the crime as well as the steps taken to carry it out make no sense. If psychopathic murder was the intent, why go through all of the steps, such as crossing the river, positioning branches over the bodies, undressing, and then redressing at least one of the bodies, all with the risk of being caught in a relatively open area?

And there was no blood or DNA found on Allen's clothing, was there?

No, I don't think he did this, but like other high-profile crimes, he will get convicted because due to public pressure plus the fact that no juror wants to be known as the juror who helped free a potential child killer, he will go down.

Jurors that convict him will likely have the mindset that if he is truly innocent it will come out on appeal, and they will have a clean conscience.
It seems very unlikely, IMO, a person would confess no less than 5 times to his wife and mother that he murdered two young girls if it had not occured. His acting out didn't start until after that fact. It's also unlikely, IMO, he would write down confession letters to the warden (we don't know yet if those letters occured before or after that phone call, maybe both? There were 5 or 6 letters according to the warden's testimony). Then he goes even farther and confesses to his mental health physician. None of these confessions came while under interrogation by LE. It's also interesting, in context, the first in-person visit by his lead lawyer only occured the day after his confessions to his wife and mother, where his wife abruptly hung up the phone connection. Then, all of a sudden, RA is acting out and not eating, sleeping, looking like a POW, according to his attorneys.

RA had almost 6 years to get rid of the apparel he wore that day. As far as his demeanor, I'm sure that will most likely be discussed at trial, if there's anything to discuss. AJMO

I believe KG said she saw 10-20 kids her age at the MF entrance, but I don't recall her saying she cars there until much later when she remembered seeing one car with decals on the back.

I'd link the interview where she said that about the kids her age, but even though she's doing the talking in the interview it isn't an approved source.

According to what was in the Franks Memo, Betsy Blair didn't see any cars there when she arrived.

IMO MOO
I wonder if, at the time, BB turned around on account of BG or if that was her natural turning point, no intention ever of crossing the bridge, plus time considerations, twas her lunch hour iirc.

I'm assuming she found nothing threatening about the figure on the platform.

JMO

CAMERAS:
CCTV/TRAFFIC/DASHBOARDS/ANY...

I am a firm believer that cameras never lie when it comes to original footage or photos so is there anything known about any video footage found or photos captured that day to do with the accused or the girls.

Is there absolutely nothing.

If there were cars parked in the area where the older sister dropped them off - did any of those cars have dashboard cameras that may have captured something even if it may have seemed minor or irrelevant.

Traffic light cameras? Home security? Anything?

Libby was intelligent enough to use her mobile phone to film what she did, but it obviously wasn't enough.

I find it really strange that only Libby's phone had images of the suspect and not a traffic camera or anything else.

The problem with key witnesses is that they may not always pay attention to certain details whether the time of day, what colour of clothing was worn or the type, what colour hair or eyes, scars or no scars - if interviewed years down the track memories tend to fade.
The Harvest Store has video of traffic and was mentioned in the PCA. We also don't know yet what if any photos/video may have been found on RA's numerous phobes or devices found in his home.

Being in the park does not make him a criminal or a suspect.
The fact that he admitted seeing the girls, certainly plays into his likely innocence. True criminals want to distance themselves from every aspect of the crime.

Anyone near or at the scene of a crime would be a suspect unless they have a solid alibi or are proven not to be connected whatsoever by the police.

There were no witnesses to the killing so how does he match the description of the suspected killer? What did witnesses claim to see other than a man who matched the description in the one brief video released by law enforcement?
"Bridge Guy" was never proven to be the killer.

BG is the last one known to have seen them alive and therefore is a strong candidate as their murderer.

The bullet had extraction marks, that were similar to that which would have been created when racked from his weapon. However, any manufacturer with good quality control would create weapons with similar patterns in each weapon produced. I wonder if they tested any other weapons from that particular lot. I don't see that as being "forensically linked."

This was answered somewhere else I believe.

As for his confession...people confess to all manor of crimes. That does not make him the killer.

True! Just because someone confesses doesn't mean they did it.

That is why solid proof or strong circumstantial evidence is needed to prove or disprove murder or any crime for that matter.

Statistically, it is very rare for a killer, especially in a case such as this, to step out of character, commit a heinous double murder, and then step back into a character of normalcy.

Ted Bundy (a number of others just like him) had the ability to decompartmentalize.

So, some definitely are able to function normally and quite well - it is just a masquerade really.

The only two that I can think of:
Dennis Rader (BTK killer) Lived a double life, appearing as a normal family man and community member while committing a series of murders.

Chris Watts: Seemingly led a normal life before murdering his wife and daughters.

There were no other similar crimes near Delphi that I am aware of, so this appears a singular case.

There are more than just those two like Ted Bundy, Israel Keyes, John Wayne Gacy, Harold Shipman and others we haven't even heard of...

Last edited:
Didn't LE say they believed the murderer was familiar with the area?

Might have come from an FBI profiler.

But we can deduce plenty ourselves.

Knew about the CPS lot and how to reach the trail from it and return to it.

Managed the MHB without apparent difficulty, as likely evidenced in the video. His pace. His technique....

That he was able to leave apparently without cctv capture.... we won't know more about that until trial. The camera that captured his arrival may have been motion activated, and had been triggered by a vehicle traveling ahead of him and he passed during the camera's recovery period.

Sane reason he might not have been captured while walking along the roadway. No camera, no footage, didn't trip the trigger, wasn't captured simultaneously with the passing vehicle, large enough to trip the meter.

Not that an out-of-towner couldn't learn plenty from the internets, it seems far more likely to be someone familiar with the area, past or present.

JMO

Last edited:
Weird place to park, weird way to park.

It's almost like he knew to park for a clean getaway, and he knew it before anyone was murdered that day.

His phone will sink him IMO.

If he had it with him.

If he didn't.

Criminals are frequently smart enough to leave their phones at home but always dumb enough to leave that damning black out period.

When did RA access his phone that day? And resume usage?

If the Defense could place RA at MHB between noon and 1:30 and not a minute after,, they'd be blasting the court with that data.... including where he and his phone went afterwards. THAT would be the fixings for an ACTUAL alibi.

So didn't happen, they don't have it.

But one way or another, RA's phone was transmitting or not transmitting all day.

His morning might have shown typical patterns. Or atypical. A separate black out period, increased activity, decreased activity, no activity...

We haven't seen ANY of the returns/results from search warrants, particularly from the home and vehicle, but there's a pile of electronics which may be high yield items, sophisticated DNA testing...

If this gets to trial IN MY LIFETIME, IMO the State's opening statement will be shocking for its entirety.

JMO
If he stated that he was busy viewing his stock ticker walking the trails and the phone number and ID he gave DD doesn't appear on the cell tower info, he's sunk. If it does and it's there at the timeline first stated to DD and not the "corrected" time he told LE almost 6 years later, he's sunk. AJMO

If BG isn’t the killer why did he order two teenager girls down the hill?

If BG isn’t the killer why has that man never come forward to clear his name?

It’s not like that bridge got loads of foot traffic as we can see from the Abby there isn’t a bunch of men behind her.

Moo

Being in the park does not make him a criminal or a suspect.
The fact that he admitted seeing the girls, certainly plays into his likely innocence. True criminals want to distance themselves from every aspect of the crime.

There were no witnesses to the killing so how does he match the description of the suspected killer? What did witnesses claim to see other than a man who matched the description in the one brief video released by law enforcement?
"Bridge Guy" was never proven to be the killer.

The bullet had extraction marks, that were similar to that which would have been created when racked from his weapon. However, any manufacturer with good quality control would create weapons with similar patterns in each weapon produced. I wonder if they tested any other weapons from that particular lot. I don't see that as being "forensically linked."

As for his confession...people confess to all manor of crimes. That does not make him the killer.

Statistically, it is very rare for a killer, especially in a case such as this, to step out of character, commit a heinous double murder, and then step back into a character of normalcy.

The only two that I can think of:
Dennis Rader (BTK killer) Lived a double life, appearing as a normal family man and community member while committing a series of murders.

Chris Watts: Seemingly led a normal life before murdering his wife and daughters.

There were no other similar crimes near Delphi that I am aware of, so this appears a singular case.
His seeing the girls, not Abby and Libby, and admitting that early after the murders could be because one of them said, "Hi/Hello" ( can't remember exactly which) and he thought he was recognized as that guy I see working at CVS. MO

The Bridge Guy is likely the last person to have had contact with Libby and Abby or to have seen them both alive and is therefore a strong candidate as their killer.

However, is R.A. >>> B.G. - that is what needs to be confirmed and established beyond a reasonable doubt as well as physical evidence to support the murder allegations.

The police have got the suspect they feel is responsible, but at the end of the day it all comes down to solid or convincing circumstantial evidence and reliable witnesses, if any.

Facts only - no hearsay.

MOO
Facts only...and confessions too, written and spoken.

I wonder if, at the time, BB turned around on account of BG or if that was her natural turning point, no intention ever of crossing the bridge, plus time considerations, twas her lunch hour iirc.

I'm assuming she found nothing threatening about the figure on the platform.

JMO

I would assume crossing that rickety bridge was never in her plans, but I'm projecting here....I'D never cross it!

In this era of remote work, sly workers have found workarounds so they can be not-working while their laptops look busy. Criminals may try to exploit the same technology to layer their alibis -- see, my phone was busy over there so, ah, I couldn't have been over here. But just like employers are quick to identify that, so will the FBI. Not having one's phone at the time of a crime is pretty standard. But it's that pesky black out that nabs many of them.

Data forensics is the new DNA.

His phone was somewhere doing something (or nothing) before, during and after and that is going to matter to the jury.

JMO

When I read it I thought with the bullet being in the ground that the gun had been fired.

This was made clear by girlhasnoname a bit later on.
No the bullet recovered was not fired, it was ejected...then obviously, IMO, stepped on by either one or both girls or RA himself. There was also leave cover on the ground.

Last edited:
No the bullet recovered was not fired, it was ejected...the obviously, IMO, stepped on by either one or both girls or RA himself. There was also leave cover on the ground.

I meant that girlhasnoname cleared it up later about the bullet being ejected and not fired.

So, I probably should have written cleared it up not made it clear.

Now though I understand that a bullet was found, but never fired.

View attachment 517001View attachment 517002View attachment 517003View attachment 517004View attachment 517005

07/11/2024Praecipe for Withdrawal of Submission
Praecipe for Determination
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
07/11/2024
07/11/2024Administrative Event
Praecipe and CCS e-mailed to Justin Forkner, Chief Administrative Officer, Indiana Supreme Court Office of Judicial Administration.
07/30/2024Miscellaneous Motions
Session:
07/30/2024 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
07/31/2024 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
08/01/2024 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Comment:
SJ Gull

Is it just me or does it feel like are they not focused on getting ready for the trial?

All they seem to want to do is get the search warrant thrown out and that sums up their game plan right there.

It just screams more delaying tactics on their part.

Moo

View attachment 517001View attachment 517002View attachment 517003View attachment 517004View attachment 517005

07/11/2024Praecipe for Withdrawal of Submission
Praecipe for Determination
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
07/11/2024
07/11/2024Administrative Event
Praecipe and CCS e-mailed to Justin Forkner, Chief Administrative Officer, Indiana Supreme Court Office of Judicial Administration.
07/30/2024Miscellaneous Motions
Session:
07/30/2024 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
07/31/2024 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
08/01/2024 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Comment:
SJ Gull

I'm confused as to why it's listed as a Praecipe for Withdrawal of Submission which means to take a filing off the court record, erasing it like it had never been filed but it's listed as motion to complain about the time to rule on certain motions (FMs) has expired, in violation of the law. A Chronological Case Summary (CCS) was also emailed to the SCOIN Administrator, sooo back to the Supremes we go...maybe.

Of course the D is still beating the poor dead horse named Frank. :( Even if it gets a review by a Special Judge, which I highly doubt, it is not going to get the PCA and SW thrown out.

Kind of like the Special Judge ruled on MW's Motion to Dismiss. Ummm, nope. Sorry MW, we'll be seeing you at a bench trial in September.

Stay Calm and Carry On is the only thing I can say right now. :cool:

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca