Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not being a lawyer, I wanted to ask: is trying to get a case dismissed on technicalities somehow not part of what they're supposed to do? Isn't part of their job to highlight things that were done improperly (by the books), or skipped over? Is this not a valid strategy included in any trial defense?

In terms of the FM - I think I've asked this before, and I'm not sure I fully understand it yet - is the D allowed to outright lie in their FM or otherwise allowed to bend the truth in some way? I'm asking because they were quite clear in their assertion that a witness did NOT say she saw a muddy & bloody man etc etc. (I forget which FM, probably the first) among other things. If she did NOT say that she saw a muddy & bloody man, then how come that is what was represented by the State in I think their SW? MOO because I've no idea where the links are to this right this second and no time to go find them.

I wonder what the families may say at the conclusion of the trial when the order silencing them is lifted? Actually, will it be lifted post conviction or lack thereof? Or will they be held to the gag until all the possible appeals have played out?
The “muddy or muddy/bloody” argument can be found in the FM pg. 117

Again we disagree as I find absolutely no humor whatsoever in the pain caused nor in the defense's "antics". MO
To be clear, I'm not only talking about the defense here. I'm talking about the incredible amount of nonsense we have seen throughout this entire case really. No, it is not funny that two kids are dead and families are forever altered. It is not funny that a man stands accused rotting in jail coming up on two years now without being convicted. Its a circus! I'm over here scratching my head in complete confusion as to how this has happened, how it has been allowed to continue on and how no one so far has been able to get this case back on track. I'm sorry but I am amused to think of the absurdity that a judge could somehow be called as a witness for either side. It seems no one who should know what they're doing at the court level seems to have a clue how things must happen, by when, or how to do them properly. IMO. What a mess. Also, I think you're taking me a bit too literally. Its more of a WTF kinda laugh not a hahah two kids have been killed... but of course, you don't really know me as well as others do, so I can see how you may have been offended here - not my intention of course and I hope you realize that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back