Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #192

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know what this means.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The real fight for a client typically occurs in the courtroom, attempting for it to result in a not guilty verdict. This one doesn’t seem to be moving in that direction at all. After dismissing four repetitive Franks Motions, she’s going to agree to a violation of the 6th amendment? I think not. I predict where it’s going from here, her decisions will be appealed once again postponing the October trial.
MOO and JMO

They are fighting for their client.

IMO MOO

No? The story about the alibi is in the Frank’s motion if you’d like to read it.

FINAL DRAFT - 9.17 at 6.30 pm - Delphi Franks brief.pdf | PDF Host
The franks page 75 states that Sheriff Deputy followed up “at Liberty Landfill”. That statement means he physically visited the employer.
There is nothing in the Franks that supports your speculation that the only verification was done by email. In fact I don’t see any email mentioned in the Franks. Can you please direct me to the page number where it states that the only verification of BH’s Alibi was done by email?

Are you wondering whether he actually wants to plead guilty but his lawyers won’t let him?
I am wondering re: how much he is involved in his own defence. Is he too despondent to provide an alibi? Does he understand that he shouldn't stare at the victim's families? (Mentioned at MS podcast, Nancy Grace). Did he realise that he would still get free representation if B&R were dismissed? Lets assume he is not the one who committed the murders but he was the one who led the girls to the murderers (not saying I believe that, an example). Does he realise that he can negotiate a plea?

I am only wondering whether he fully understands his options. Because the legal system is obscure, and because of the MH guardship, the distance from his DT, the letter he wrote, the mentions of how despondent he was for months. IMO it is possible that he is just letting things play out at this point, trying to rock the boat as little as possible.

It is not only about guilt or innocence, it is about the process and how traumatising it is for all families involved.

The franks page 75 states that Sheriff Deputy followed up “at Liberty Landfill”. That statement means he physically visited the employer.
There is nothing in the Franks that supports your speculation that the only verification was done by email. In fact I don’t see any email mentioned in the Franks. Can you please direct me to the page number where it states that the only verification of BH’s Alibi was done by email?

I’m not really sure what you think I’ve said ? An email was submitted to the court at the hearing for proof of work records. Day 3, Murder Sheet covered it if you want to listen to them confirm it.

This is like saying a schoolteacher's only work is done 9-3 in the classroom, to get their students to pass a test.

IMO MOo
I believe most people would agree the majority of the casework is done in preparation for the trial.

IMO though the time would be better spend getting up to date with all the evidence and the digital reports that according to the Sun article are still coming from the State experts, than filling motions that to even a layperson, have very very very very low chances of even being heard in court. IMO.

I believe most people would agree the majority of the casework is done in preparation for the trial.

IMO though the time would be better spend getting up to date with all the evidence and the digital reports that according to the Sun article are still coming from the State experts, than filling motions that to even a layperson, have very very very very low chances of even being heard in court. IMO.

Brilliant attorneys not only preparing for this trial, but possible appeal.

The whole “but they said the case is ongoing!” thing will never fly. A case isn’t closed until there is a conviction (or there is extremely solid evidence a deceased individual did it), and RA hasn’t been convicted yet. It’s also entirely possible someone else helped RA in some way, which would still be inculpatory for RA and still in line with his felony murder charges. I don’t expect this last-ditch motion to succeed.

JMO

One would think, even as a Non-attorney, a Lay-person, that it would be time better spent.

But this D team is not doing that.

I wonder if RA even knows that his defense team are a bunch of circus clowns just throwing crap out there to see what sticks ???

Appealing based on ineffective counsel is certainly a strategy…
In the MS Greenlee stated that because RA was the one who made the appeal to the Supreme Court to reinstate R&B, he pretty much gives up the right to appeal on basis of ineffective counsel. I am not a lawyer, but it sounded like the fact that RA had to sign that he understands about the leaks and he still wants them on, will make it much harder to appeal. (IMO - my interpretation)

Somehow that kind of explains why the DT is over-litigating, since it is 'their fault' (in a way) that RA no longer has the avenue of ineffective counsel to pursue during appeals. (JMO)

One would think, even as a Non-attorney, a Lay-person, that it would be time better spent.

But this D team is not doing that.

I wonder if RA even knows that his defense team are a bunch of circus clowns just throwing crap out there to see what sticks ???
I keep thinking back on Doctor Wala's testimony. On MurderSheet Day 2 of pretrial
and later, on their follow up episode, it was mentioned that she talks to him about the support he has online. If all he knows is what the DT and Dr Wala tell him about how well the Defence is doing online, maybe he has a distorted idea of how well the DT is performing.

IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste