Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like a hands-on experiment! Keep in mind that pass code is not always the same as a PIN. (You could go to your settings and find out if you have your SIM PIN enabled.) One is one device level, the second is on SIM level, the card that connects you with the network. Also potentially your phone could still connect with WiFi without the SIM PIN, but would not connect with a tower and 3-5G.
This is some interesting info on iPhones. Even when it's dead, a depleted battery, it still has reserved power for a few functions, one being the FindMyPhone pinging. Didn't BP & MP mention they were trying to do that?

A salt cellar is a salt container. All I meant was to take it with a grain of salt.

The first Franks mentions a piece of yellow rope then goes off on (IMO) a wild tangent about the girls possibly being strung up and bled like deer. Not supported by recent testimony from the blood spatter expert.

So there's every chance the piece of rope was just a random bit of rope lying on the ground, on the property of a man known to keep horses, and not part of the actual sequence of the crime.

MOO

Thanks for the clarification - have never heard that expression or term before...salt cellar.

If the girls were hung up or strung up I'm sure they would have rope marks or even rope burns on their limbs.

And if not, rope fibres would likely have been left behind on skin or clothing

What do you think?

I do recall reading about the crime scene in this document a little while back as it was posted in a previous thread only it couldn't be downloaded by me.

Well, I couldn't save it, but did try.

I do see that footnote on page 39 about the yellow rope - Exhibit 28.
Is it the scribd format that gives you problems? I have to wait for the ad each time I go to a new page, otherwise it's a blur.

I think I need to start writing down notes as I just don't and I would prefer to repost.

Is there a way we can find what we've written before in the previous threads so we can copy and repost?

In answer to your question:

Wala testified more or less that RA had Suicidal Ideation from a young age and also a Depressive Disorder and that it was well documented.

So, RA definitely had a history, but not with Psychotic behaviour which is what seemed to be going on during or around the time of his confessions.

Someone on here wrote that he had a history of Psychotic Behaviour, but it was actually Suicidal Ideation and a Depressive Disorder.
Yes, you hit your round pic and go to your content, if it was your post, if not search the poster using hourglass icon.

I remember the Depressive Disorder and the Dependent personality but not the Suicidal Ideation being discussed about RA pre-arrest.

Is it the scribd format that gives you problems? I have to wait for the ad each time I go to a new page, otherwise it's a blur.

Scribd wants one to join and I did see lots of blank pages with ads at the top distorting what should be viewed whereas the other one that you posted above opened straight away and could be read just fine only not downloaded.

I didn't wait around with Scribd.

Thanks for the clarification - have never heard that expression or term before...salt cellar.

If the girls were hung up or strung up I'm sure they would have rope marks or even rope burns on their limbs.

And if not, rope fibres would likely have been left behind on skin or clothing

What do you think?

I think that the rope was at the location before the crime. Trash, detritus of farm life. Whether it was used by the offender at any point in the crime, I don't know, but I think the DT theory of the girls being strung up is wildly speculative and doesn't fit the little we know of the physical evidence.

The other thing I do know is that there's no sign in the released stills of BG that makes me believe he's carrying a length of rope long enough to restrain both girls.

So if it was used at any point, I think it was a found object that was useful, not something he brought to the crime scene.

If the girls were bound tightly enough to restrain them at any point, then I would expect there to be evidence. Bruising, fibre transfer, etc.

MOO

Yes, you hit your round pic and go to your content, if it was your post, if not search the poster using hourglass icon.

I remember the Depressive Disorder and the Dependent personality but not the Suicidal Ideation being discussed about RA pre-arrest.

We are relying on second hand information so can only work with what we get from whatever source.

I don't know the forensics involved in terms of powder used in boxed ammunition, but I bet someone does :)
Is that a hint that you have some knowledge? I so hope you're right.
Ideally, it's one of the many, many pieces of evidence the prosecution is holding close to his vest.
I'm waiting for solid evidence with bated breath.

I don't have any opinion on what the rope was used for. However, it apparently wasn't just a little hunk of junk. I do not think RL was tying any of his animals to a tree down by the creek with a piece of yellow rope.

28. Confidential - Photo yellow rope tied to tree
If the rope was tied to a tree on his property, in the woods, I can certainly think it coild very well have been for his horses. Ride it around and down towards the creek, hitch it up so you can do some fishing and then ride it back up the hill to the barn. Sounds like a nice afternoon for person and horse. I'm sure LE asked him about it too. It was after all his property. MO

I guess it’s possible someone in the search effort messed with the phone early on the 14th as they removed some of the sticks to make the girls visible. But that would be so brazen…and complicated. About as far from Occam’s overused razor as you can get.

I guess it’s possible someone in the search effort messed with the phone early on the 14th as they removed some of the sticks to make the girls visible. But that would be so brazen…and complicated. About as far from Occam’s overused razor as you can get.
If I recall correctly, the searchers who found the girls did not touch them. It was clear they were deceased, they called it in, and stayed back.

Unless what you're saying is that a searcher was the killer and went and did something with the bodies under the pretense of searching. I think that's probably unlikely. I would expect the searchers to as a minimum be paired off.

MOO

If the rope was tied to a tree on his property, in the woods, I can certainly think it coild very well have been for his horses. Ride it around and down towards the creek, hitch it up so you can do some fishing and then ride it back up the hill to the barn. Sounds like a nice afternoon for person and horse. I'm sure LE asked him about it too. It was after all his property. MO

He would have a specific lead rope for this type of thing. I would imagine they'd be able to tell immediately if it was a lead rope or some other kind of rope.
IMO

If I recall correctly, the searchers who found the girls did not touch them. It was clear they were deceased, they called it in, and stayed back.

Unless what you're saying is that a searcher was the killer and went and did something with the bodies under the pretense of searching. I think that's probably unlikely. I would expect the searchers to as a minimum be paired off.

MOO
Yes I meant a classic Agatha Christie scenario. I agree it’s exceedingly unlikely and really risky.

Is that a hint that you have some knowledge? I so hope you're right.
Ideally, it's one of the many, many pieces of evidence the prosecution is holding close to his vest.
I'm waiting for solid evidence with bated breath.
Well, I'll say this. The record did show investigators snagged a round from RA's home, I'd wager they may even have gotten a box or two of Winchester, Federal, Sellier Bellot, or whatsoever brand .40 cal. this guy had, and it's my estimation they'd pull the bullets from the cartridges, and compare the "chemistry of gunpowder", to determine the amounts of say, sulfur, charcoal, potassium nitrate and such, to include the quantities thereof, along with an exact enumeration of grains extant....just sayin'.

Seein' how I typed this, it's surely, my opinion only :)

It it was tied high up on the tree, it likely was not for the horses. If he did have a rope for tying his horse to something, it likely would have had a heavy snap on one end.

We have no indication that he did anything down by the creek, like fishing. My opinion is they were his pets. It's just not logical to me that he would go through the work of grooming, saddling up, bridling up just to go down to the creek.

Maybe LE asked him if it was his rope and he said "No."

Well, I'll say this. The record did show investigators snagged a round from RA's home, I'd wager they may even have gotten a box or two of Winchester, Federal, Sellier Bellot, or whatsoever brand .40 cal. this guy had, and it's my estimation they'd pull the bullets from the cartridges, and compare the "chemistry of gunpowder", to determine the amounts of say, sulfur, charcoal, potassium nitrate and such, to include the quantities thereof, along with an exact enumeration of grains extant....just sayin'.

Seein' how I typed this, it's surely, my opinion only :)
They do have his ammo but we've seen no lab reports on it as far as its chemistry. I would think that would have been included on the SW return? Maybe it's another one of those sealed docs?

Only chance is if they were alive to walk there under duress from Logan’s property. Still seems very unlikely considering the ongoing search.
IF the girls were hidden (going there alive) and one of the perp crew played a searcher in between the night/search process, I can imagine. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29
Back