Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not only the public defenders; it's all expensive but very necessary, IMO

When you figure how much has been spent for 5 years of investigation, then add in the atty expenses, judges, etc. it will be shocking.
Shocking I'm sure, but not as shocking as the brutal deaths of Abby & Libby and the emotional and physical pain the families, LE and the community have endured over the years.

It is what it is unfortunately when someone chooses this action. The murderer had to be found and will be brought to justice hopefully sooner now rather than later.

JMO

Shocking I'm sure, but not as shocking as the brutal deaths of Abby & Libby and the emotional and physical pain the families, LE and the community have endured over the years.

It is what it is unfortunately when someone chooses this action. The murderer had to be found and will be brought to justice hopefully sooner now rather than later.

JMO
I hope the State is able to secure a conviction - I can’t imagine the anger and devastation to loved ones of the kids if this guy somehow is found not guilty.

JMO

Agree 1000%.

As in all heinous murders….

If we could roll back time, just imagine had BG (IMO that’s RA) just strolled past Abby and Libby. Watched the fish, checked his stocks, kept on ambling along.

Abby and Libby would be in college, or working, or whatever they’d planned for their young adult years. Maybe boyfriends or fiancés or husbands by now.

No devastated families.

And yeah…no years and years and years of police investigations. No hiring lawyers. No hiring experts. No trials, no judges, no courtroom personnel. No prison guards, no food, medication or anything else necessary to house a prisoner.

Sleepy town remained a sleepy town.

Would’ve been nice.

The onus for the expenses is ALL on the man who chose to exterminate two young teenagers on the cusp of their lives.

JMO

JMO

Agree totally.
There are plenty of long expensive investigations into various crimes all the time and everywhere. Our society values justice and deems the time and expense spent as important. Any argument that it would not be appropriate in this case is puzzling at best.

#Justice is coming girls. RA will be before a jury of his peers in just days. 13 of them.
#JusticeforLibby&Abby
13 MORE DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 534642
Photo by Court TV

Am I the only Nervous Nellie that is sure that the Defense Team is going to throw some huge major wrench in the works at the last minute to delay this trial, and that we’ll be on this carousel of beating dead horses forever and ever, discussing the same theories ad nauseum for 13 months, instead of a mere 13 days?

Talk me off the ledge, WS’ers!

Am I the only Nervous Nellie that is sure that the Defense Team is going to throw some huge major wrench in the works at the last minute to delay this trial, and that we’ll be on this carousel of dead horses forever and ever, discussing the same theories ad nauseum for 13 months, instead of a mere 13 days?

At this point, I think waiting for another shoe to drop isn't paranoia, it's conditioning. Room on the ledge for me? I'll believe this case is actually on trial when they begin opening statements. And even then, I'll be waiting for another obstacle until it's all done.

MOO

I've been waiting to hear the specifics of these "confessions", since all we have at this point are generalized statements that RA "confessed" many times.

The one specific "confession" I am aware of was a guard outside of Allen's cell who said he overheard Allen talking to himself, when he was apologizing out loud for killing Abby. Which isn't really a confession.

The confession I really want to see is the one in wiring--in a letter Allen supposedly wrote to the Warden, confessing to the murders.

Plus, the confession he made in which he disclosed his motive for killing the girls.

But despite the current lack of specifics, when the confession details are told to the jury during the trial, I think these confessions of Richard Allen will be incredibly strong evidence against him.

I think apologizing out loud for killing Abby is just as much a confession (maybe even more so) as you can get along with the other 60+.

JMO

I agree, considering there were no railings on the side I don’t think it was common for people to pass each other. The walking space inside the ties that originally supported the rails is only 4’ 8.5”. I can’t imagine anyone walking on the very edge. Especially a larger person such as Libby wouldn’t be able to pass by another in that narrow space without touching or at worst getting pushed, which might’ve been why she was further along and took the video from a platform according to GH iirc. So as you say the girls really had no option but to continue to the end of the bridge even if they hadn’t intended to, maybe hoping BG would turn around by then. MOO

I've walked on a similar train trestle bridge and yes, you have to slow down to pass someone... but you can if you leave about a foot in the center between you and the other person passing.

I'm scared of heights but I still did it when I was a younger man. Would never do it now.. my legs would shake uncontrollably jsut to walk out there now. My fear of heights has gotten far worse over the years.

I have seen that the D filed a new ex parte motion on Sept 30, 2024 but only in screenshots. I haven’t been able to find a source to link to yet - can anyone help?

I think apologizing out loud for killing Abby is just as much a confession (maybe even more so) as you can get along with the other 60+.

JMO

My initial thought was he killed the girls because they laughed at his weirdness when they passed him and he went into a rage.

But then again, to have a gun and a sharp instrument also show premeditated intent.

Am I the only Nervous Nellie that is sure that the Defense Team is going to throw some huge major wrench in the works at the last minute to delay this trial, and that we’ll be on this carousel of beating dead horses forever and ever, discussing the same theories ad nauseum for 13 months, instead of a mere 13 days?

No can do friend. Also skeptical of trial starting in Oct

Come on down from there @Kittybunny. :) It's go time, show time, what the D has been claiming they are READY for since last October. Guys get RA right on into that Courtroom and convince 12 people who aren't like us, avid true crime followers that know every little detail that's out there, that RA is innocent.

I don't believe that is going to happen with each brick of evidence the State has laid in RA's wall of guilt. When is too much coincidence too coincidental? The State only needs to prove his guilt BARD, reasonable being the key word here, and I believe they will do just that.

It would be difficult to halt the trial proceedings now, but knowing this Defense, I'll never say never. They could technically ask for a continuance but IANAL. Even if R&B did file a Motion for Continuance I don't see Judge Gull granting one this late unless it's just something explosively overwhelming to the case. A plea perhaps?

#Justice4Abby&Libby

JMO

My initial thought was he killed the girls because they laughed at his weirdness when they passed him and he went into a rage.

But then again, to have a gun and a sharp instrument also show premeditated intent.

I think Libby and Abby had very little interaction with RA. Possibly he was offended by their youthful exuberance and joy and jealous they were so different from him, but that’s not their fault.
As you point out, he was there prepared for way more than watching stocks or fish.

Where may I view a list of approved sources? I don’t want to report myself again as I did unthread to ask about if a screen shot to an ex parte filed on the 30th is ok sans link… and Twitter has an interesting post from a lawyer I’d like to share…

If he had his phone with him, he's done.

If he didn't have his phone with him, how did he check his stock ticker? And If he didn't have his phone, why?

Did he often go places without his phone?

Did he often back into parking places?

Did he always carry a gun? Always carry a knife bladed weaponboxcutter?

Was he planning to commit a crime?

His habits and actions will be revealing.

Whatever his phone was or wasn't doing between 1:30 and 3:30 will tell a story, just as Libby's, a story that leads to conviction.

JMO

Where may I view a list of approved sources? I don’t want to report myself again as I did unthread to ask about if a screen shot to an ex parte filed on the 30th is ok sans link… and Twitter has an interesting post from a lawyer I’d like to share…
Report your own post and ask a mod. That's the only real way to be sure.

Arguing started inside the courthouse and continued in earnest outside, which was caught on video. They were subsequently banned by the judge.

These clowns (youtubers) - for me - for this entire time - and my very HO - not a single one have been worth any keystrokes, any listening, any reading, nor any discussion.

Count me grateful that this case has at long last arrived at the moment where these ignorant pretenders and their self-dealing speculation have been officially rendered irrelevant.

Due to the Court's decision to block live public access to this trial, all are forced to follow journalists and consulting lawyers who know a fact from an opinion, and who actually comprehend what is going on in this trial.

Happy to take a cleansing shower and start over with zero premise. As a juror does.

Even artificial intelligence cannot turn one's criminal record into a bona fide for investigator or journalist status.

JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back