• AB was oblivous until the morning of the fire

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Ab was not involved with Zahra's death but completely involved in disposal

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • AB was soley responsible for what happened to Zahra and her disposal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB killed Zahra

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • AB was involved in the death and cover up of Zahra.

Votes: 71 18.9%
  • Adam and Elisa were both equally complicit

Votes: 94 25.1%
  • AB contributed to death by negligence; Involved in cover-up *except* for disposal

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • AB contributed to Zahra's death through negligence and was involved in the cover up and disposal

Votes: 138 36.8%
  • Leaning towards AB was in denial- but all depends on what was found in the house.

Votes: 15 4.0%
  • Other: Not sure how AB is involved. Can't condemn him for Zahra's demise, as yet...I need more infor

Votes: 35 9.3%
  • I think AB was involved and so was EB...

Votes: 12 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a previous post I did not include information from news reports that indicate
that Elisa was in Australia for a time. This was not intentional but since I can't edit
that post I offer this:
I do not know exactly how long she was there but I know one news report mentioned
she had lived in the U.S. as recently as 3 years ago
'. . . than a mile from a home where
Elisa Baker lived three years ago. . .'
http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372
and another news report says she was met online & invited to visit in 2008
'. . . Adam Baker met her online in early 2008 and invited her to visit. . .'
http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Friends-Missing-girl-had-happy-life-in-Australia-105031914.html
' . . .They were married that July in a small ceremony in Adam Baker's parents' backyard.
In November, they moved to North Carolina. . .' ,
http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Friends-Missing-girl-had-happy-life-in-Australia-105031914.html

She did not go there and make a new life with her husband
but instead seems to have collected him and they moved back to the U.S. where she was
more comfortable.

That is not an evil act but it does seem to be part of a pattern of events centering
around what Elisa wants.

Had Adam a history of allowing strong willed women to have their way
in his life?
I don't know. News reports seem to have much more information about Elisa's past
than about Adam's past.

From the various news reports I have read of their actions both these people seem to
have been deceptive to others. He appeared to be mild and easily led
at times yet agressive and dangerous when it was to his advantage and she tried
to appear to be mild to others (like the betty boop style drawing or tattoo seen in one
news report) and yet had a dark vampire style goth personna underneath that
could lash out when it suited her.
Together both seemingly became a dangerous combination.

The remains seem to have been hidden in areas that were more likely to have been
known to Elisa than to Adam. She had a history in the larger general area dating back
at least 15 years according to news reports.

Adam may have stumbled on some of these locations in his work but in the couple of years
he had been in the U.S. I doubt he had gained intimate knowledge of these same areas
that would equal the knowledge his wife already had from her many years living in the area.
I think it was her mind that came up with the locations for remains.

He may have helped with the misleading 911 call and probably with body disposal but
a certain part of his actions are still unknown/unexplained to my thinking.

Morally both are guilty of a crime, to my thinking, but it is unclear to me at this time what
resposibility each person bears in a legal sense.

One news report said that Adam had been out of town for several days before
Zahra was reported missing and I suppose that might cast doubt on Adam's involvement
but I think the crime & cover up may have happened before he left so it may be a
sort of false alibi.
' . . . We understand Zahra's father, Adam Baker, was out of town working from Thursday
to the time she was reported missing Saturday at 2:30. . . .'
http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/zahra_baker_questions/

It does seem from that same news article that the timeline story has changed over time
so that would seem to be a red flag.

From previous location:

Even if Adam does have some minute drop of Aboriginal blood running through his veins, I hardly see him as anyone who maintained aboriginal traditions to this degree (or any degree actually). Look forward to him attempting to play this one in court however when he tries to explain the fact that he dismembered his precious daughter, not to avoid detection (oh no) but to practice his own cultural traditions.

Don't think the jury is going to buy that either.

I agree with that. For almost a decade I worked for Centrelink and one of the things I did a lot of was provide early payments to Aboriginal people seeking to attend their relative's funerals. Even the most culturally dedicated Aboriginal people were inclined to have a standard funeral with a funeral director in charge. I would not assume that the sort of Aboriginal person who was still doing other cultural practices that seem extreme, like ritual scarring and the various circumcision practices, would dispose of a body in a traditional manner. That is part of their cultures that exists pretty much only in an historical sense now. Maybe it might occur if someone died way out in the bush amongst older folks who still speak the language... but I'd be very surprised at it happening even then.

Given their other beliefs about death and deceased people it really isn't surprising they were quickly willing to hand disposal of bodies over to professionals and stop doing it themselves. And the influence of the church missions would have greatly encouraged them to do so.

No way I will sit here and give reason's as to why AB/EB did this. There is no justification for it...Zip! Zero! They are just evil, plain and simple.

I also think this is fascinating. I always felt that they come up with something
ritual.

There is no proof of AB being Aboriginal Austria. He sure don't look like he is.

Even if he claims to be of that descent it just fits with EB wanting to be a vampire. Theses two were made for each other. All I seen and read they did not want to be normal:banghead:

There are a lot of second, third, fourth generation indigenous Australians who don't look indigenous (if that makes sense). Unfortunately for our true and proud indigenous folk, it seems to be the 'in' thing at the moment to claim aboriginal heritage. (I have a feeling the term aboriginal is becoming less acceptable also).

If there are claims of AB being indigenous, that's irrelevant in my opinion. He could be blue blood British for all I care, the simple fact is he didn't protect his child.

It's like so many other cases -- there's a story that has come out in the media, which might or might not be true, and there's whatever really happened. I'm going to wait to see what the real evidence is before I jump to a conclusion.

It is perhaps noteworthy that Zahra's remains were found by Gunpowder Creek - and there's a Gunpowder Creek in Queensland, where AB lived and worked, though the creek, which is a major attraction for outdoorsmen, is many hours from Giru.

http://maps.bonzle.com/c/a?a=p&p=211103&cmd=sp

It is perhaps noteworthy that Zahra's remains were found by Gunpowder Creek - and there's a Gunpowder Creek in Queensland, where AB lived and worked, though the creek, which is a major attraction for outdoorsmen, is many hours from Giru.

http://maps.bonzle.com/c/a?a=p&p=211103&cmd=sp

I've seen several reports saying the remains were found at Gunpowder Creek, but only one report that lists the creek name correctly. It was Little River, not Gunpowder Creek. We figured this out while trying to map it in the SAR thread.

JMO based on actual maps of area.

I've seen several reports saying the remains were found at Gunpowder Creek, but only one report that lists the creek name correctly. It was Little River, not Gunpowder Creek. We figured this out while trying to map it in the SAR thread.

JMO based on actual maps of area.

Little River is also an Australian waterway, though it's in Victoria.

I don't know if he was involved in killing Zahra but from news reports he certainly let Elisa do whatever she wanted to her.

Perhaps if a forceful dark haired female member of LE were to interrogate Adam he might
tell what he knows? Probably just a long shot.

Perhaps if a forceful dark haired female member of LE were to interrogate Adam he might

interesting idea. I am certainly not dismissing it out of hand, thats for sure.

LOL. I have someone like Emily Prentiss in mind (Criminal Minds).

OK so you mean to tell me EB killed, dismembered ZB, dumped her body at different locations and she possibly used equipment to do it and AB was oblivious to all of this???? Riiiiight. I dont care what evidence does or doesnt come out no one can convince me that AB didnt at least know what happened and went with the story EB made up. He's just as guilty IMO.

There is no way EB did this all by her lonesome. No way, no how.

I am completely on the other side of the fence here lol.

Everyone thinks EB was the one in control, the one who committed murder and Adam was a deer caught in headlights. *I* think HE was the one in control, the one who did the dirty work.

If you listen to EB's 911 call, she is frantic and a nervous wreck. You can hear it in her voice. When you listen to AB's 911 call, he's calmer than anyone I've ever heard or seen. If I heard that phone call not knowing the case, I'd think he was prank calling the police.

I've seen more than one picture of EB with a black eye. It is possible he was abusive and she took it out on Z.

Here's one (can't find the other):

13329351_BG4.jpg

This guy is NOT innocent and nothing will ever change my mind. This is the guy who tried to run a couple off of the road. Normal, sane people, don't do that.

I honestly don't think either one of them was in control. I think they both FOUGHT for control, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnv7