aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeek. Got booted off. Anyway, the newest tweet from JA is about her survivor T shirts pre sale. Shipping started Monday. Thanks for furthering the cause.

If Alyce is up tomorrow, this is probably what here mitigating factor will be. JA is helping other DV victims. Gag me!!

Are you serious or joking about T shirts?

I agree that inmate Arias was stone faced when the verdict PROVEN was read...she is absolutely imo medicated to the legal limit allowed. Buy I pity the jailor who is the target of her rage laden, venomous tirade when her drugs wear off.

I think she was heavily medicated. Her face wasn't moving correctly.

I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

Plead guilty. Judges tend to be way more merciful than juries.

Reverence is important. This is a somber day. I can understand validation, but not celebration. So many people's lives were ruined by what happened.

That, my dear, is exactly why the prosecutor had a moment of silence. He knew what was coming and had everyone do that beforehand.

The definition of subtle.

Class act all the way.

I love that man ..he understands. that two minutes of silence was for more than one reason.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I really wish Jane would give a warning before playing the sex jeez:banghead:

Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

But the date of that motion for ALV to speak is date for may

ALV was originally scheduled to speak during mitigation. Defense decided to call her for the trial. She will not be back. I would hope her attorney would advise her not to come back to AZ ever after what she has done. jmo

I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

Wow! Good question. Too many variables, IMO.

This is not accurate. AZ protocol allows for EITHER sodium pentothal, OR pentobarbital (also known as Nembutal). (Pentobarb doesn't have the nonavailabilty problems sodium pentothal does.)

Here is the entire protocol: (33 pages)

www.azcorrections.gov/Policies/700/0710.pdf

Page 28 has the chart.

Pentobarbital 2.5G (2 syringes), OR 4 syringes of Sodium Pentothal, with 1.25 G in each. Those dosages are roughly 5 times the lethal dose. For comparison, a "sleep" dose (general anesthetic induction dose) of sodium pentothal is roughly 175 to 200mg for an 80kg adult (back in the day when we could actually GET pentothal.)

This is O/T and I hope it was you who posted otherwise I'm randomly responding to old posts a week late like a whack-a-doodle. But. IIRC some time late last week when I was last on WS, there was a post (yours, I hope) commenting on the blue "taco smocks" and the models who were so enthusiastically sporting them in the ad. The comment was something like "Can you imagine what the audition for that ad campaign was like? Okay now, channel your inner haladol face." I literally LOL'ed for the evening and felt kind of messed up for laughing at that. But hey, so it goes.

:facepalm: :floorlaugh:

I tried to save the post and bookmark the poster but I live in a fog.

:floorlaugh:
Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

Thank you!!! If they're still playing that, they need to receive some feedback! It's so wrong.

Plead guilty. Judges tend to be way more merciful than juries.

I think if you know you did it, you shouldn't expect to get away with it. Plead guilty and take your punishment. Of course, I'm not a psycho like she is, but that's what I wish people who kill would do.

Unfortunately, I am serious. Not 1 hour after this verdict and there is that tweet.

I'm sorry how/ why is she allowed to tweet from her cell?
When I first saw her tweets, I thought it was a joke, as in
someone tweeting on her behalf in a SATIRICAL way.
So gross.

I can just picture the witnesses for Jodi:

Alyce "You need a time out, Mr. Martinez!" LaViolette

Dr. "Fog/I BEG your pardon!" Samuels

Donovan "Tweet" Bering

Gus "Too Skeevy to Come Up With a Quote" Searcy

Who have I missed?

Wow! Good question. Too many variables, IMO.

They planned and carried out a homicide, planned being the operative word. I know it is not really this simple, but I was curious.

Maybe the strategy, since Jodi has NO friends to call to testify on her behalf, is going to be exactly that....poor Jodi, no friends, no one loves her, people kept cheating on her and dumping her, firing her, and kicking her out of their homes and apartments, nobody likes her, and isn't it sad, boohoo hoo. The poor pitiful me defense.

I am just jumping back in after a few days off so I apologize if someone has already pointed this out, but I am reminded of the Scott Peterson trial where none of his friends would testify on his behalf during the penalty phase. I believe his father finally called his old high school golf team coach who got on the stand said that Peterson was a conscientious member of the team. He said later he did it because he felt so sorry for his father. People like Jodi just don't have real friends, but as with Peterson, maybe they can scare up someone.

I think if you know you did it, you shouldn't expect to get away with it. Plead guilty and take your punishment. Of course, I'm not a psycho like she is, but that's what I wish people who kill would do.

many, if not the majority, do.
Unfortunately, the innocent are strong armed into taking a plea deal on occasion.

I can just picture the witnesses for Jodi:

Alyce "You need a time out, Mr. Martinez!" LaViolette

Dr. "Fog/I BEG your pardon!" Samuels

Donovan "Tweet" Bering

Gus "Too Skeevy to Come Up With a Quote" Searcy

Who have I missed?

The one that burped was alright. He seemed more honest than the rest.

What do you all think of JA's mother saying this is the beginning of the end?

I personally would think more about it if id heard it myself--rather than a random person telling JVM that's what was said...moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54