aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, on a serious note, who in the heck are the lawyers going to get to speak for Jodi. Name one person....her mom? I don't see her getting up there. Darryl? I think he is long gone. WHO ELSE?

I'm sorry how/ why is she allowed to tweet from her cell?
When I first saw her tweets, I thought it was a joke, as in
someone tweeting on her behalf in a SATIRICAL way.
So gross.

Her friend Donavan tweets for her. It appears that Donavan visits her or calls her and is told what to tweet by the convict.

Duuuude, I fell asleep and missed it! How long ago did this come down the pipes?

First let me start by saying - HALLELUJAH for the state, jury, and the Alexander family! It is a bittersweet victory,validation, and vindication that has been a long time coming for all of them. I hope with all my heart the family are able to unburden their minds of this awful woman/it after they read their words to her/it.

Next let me say, if they are doing victim impact statements tomorrow...I am going to be sure to set my "nerve pills" out ahead of time. Thanks to my accidental misstep with the sleeping pills it was impossible to watch the hearing today because my eyelids got in the way. :facepalm:

Thanks to all you wonderful folks for posting everything...I've been able to catch up that way as I'm trying to shake myself awake. One question though, from my understanding no one other than "fog head" knows for sure what happened that awful day...However, does anyone know where there may be reenactment scenarios - either live or computer animated of how the attack and post attack scene may have happened? That may seem like an odd request but I am a visual person and all the different descriptions of "it happened this way"...."it happened that way" have me really confused. Especially today when Juan said TA was on his back, facing up when his throat was slashed. TIA for any info you can provide!

I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

I do not have children so I would just take a cruise and make sure I am gone the entire thing until it is over. Lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I am just jumping back in after a few days off so I apologize if someone has already pointed this out, but I am reminded of the Scott Peterson trial where none of his friends would testify on his behalf during the penalty phase. I believe his father finally called his old high school golf team coach who got on the stand said that Peterson was a conscientious member of the team. He said later he did it because he felt so sorry for his father. People like Jodi just don't have real friends, but as with Peterson, maybe they can scare up someone.

I think we'll see a lot of members from her family...
I think they'll really just beg for leniency. It will be hard to watch.

I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

I would never abandon someone I loved no matter what they did as long as they took responsibility for what they had done. If my friend, my child, my sibling, or my spouse committed a horrible crime and admitted to it? I would stand by them and show up for them every day - as long as they did the right thing by admitting their guilt, begging for forgiveness and accept their just punishment. I would continue to love them and support them without making excuses for them or what they did. I would certainly not assist them in trashing their victim or trying to avoid responsibility (throwing some shade at SA.) So, absolutely "B".

So, we still have to consider the Judge's final decision. Do you think this JSS will tend to be merciful?

I think she'll go with the jury. I don't see her sticking her neck out for Jodi.
There would be an uproar if the jury came back with the DP & JSS overturned it and the position of judge is very political.

SO happy with the verdict today! No reaction from JA. Saw it coming?

I think she sees the death penalty coming too. Personally I don't care if she is ever put to death, just want her to spend the rest of her life on death row. Even that might be too good for her!

I think we'll see a lot of members from her family...
I think they'll really just beg for leniency. It will be hard to watch.

If her mother steps up I wonder if she will admit that Jodi has problems, I don't think people will find her credible unless she gives a little ..

Phenobarbital? If so, then yes! :floorlaugh: I'm thinking they will have a nice cocktail waiting for her back in her cell.

She might not have one for ever the rest of her life but I am right now!

Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

ITA. I don't watch HLN anymore, though I have during both verdict days, but repeatedly hearing JVM's show play the sex tape as a teaser that has nothing to do with the programming (and now we know they have nothing to do with the case, as you said) is tacky and offensive. They are the ultimate exploiters and so very hypocritical as their hosts and guests talk about how much of a media circus, mob, and public specticle this has turned into... Meanwhile they are the ones who continually play the irrelevant, tawdry, X rated tapes and run that joke of a show "After Dark".

HLN needs a time out and some serious self-reflection.

Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

:clap::clap::clap:
ICAM. And once HLN has managed to accomplish that, they can start on taming JVM and NG. I wish NG wouldn't make the victims family and friends relive each and every wound over and over and over in such a dramatic fashion every time she's on the air. As a crime victim herself, she should be more aware of how her words are heard. jmt

Really, on a serious note, who in the heck are the lawyers going to get to speak for Jodi. Name one person....her mom? I don't see her getting up there. Darryl? I think he is long gone. WHO ELSE?

Jodi herself? Is that possible? No one would believe her!

What do you all think of JA's mother saying this is the beginning of the end?

I have learned my lesson, let me wait until after is all over I do not want a Cindy Anthony again compassion point!

Jodi herself? Is that possible? No one would believe her!

Jodi will take the stand .. as if she'll miss her last chance to speak with her audience.

On that .. if she does get DP is there a chance she'll do media at the courthouse before being led away? It'll be interesting to see when JSS lifts the ban.

If her mother steps up I wonder if she will admit that Jodi has problems, I don't think people will find her credible unless she gives a little ..

True. But I don't think anyone expects anything credible/impartial from Sandy Arias. They won't put much stock in anything she says, IMO.

So very over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members