aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

I honestly don't know, I think it would depend on the circumstances and if I wasn't in denial...

Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

Thank you for that ...... I've been wishing for a long time that HLN would quit playing that awful sex tape - it is so annoying to hear it over and over. :banghead:

I am over the moon about the verdicts - God bless this wonderful jury for getting it so right! I could hug them all, and needless to say many, many others who have brought us to this date . . . wonderful and dedicated Juan Martinez, Det. Flores and the entire Mesa police department . . . they are all heroes!

What do you all think of JA's mother saying this is the beginning of the end?

She has sat there day after day, (and whether I approve of her actions in court or not and for the record I do not) she has seen exactly what we have..inside and outside the court room. I don't think it came as a surprise to her. Not the guilty of premeditated murder verdict or today's verdict. Nor do I think she will be surprised with the DP verdict, which I believe it will be. It has to be so terribly painful to know your child is capable of this kind of slaughter of another human being. She has to be questioning herself in so many ways. A lot of What if's. I think I could perhaps muster some bit sympathy for her if, when ja is sentenced, that she has the courage to apologize to the Alexander Family for what her daughter did to Travis and what she took from them JMO

Finally a news source labels Jodi as an ex-waitress. I am sick everyone reporting that she was a professional photographer.

This screencap is from the front page of MSN

35auc95.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: About time!

I think she sees the death penalty coming too. Personally I don't care if she is ever put to death, just want her to spend the rest of her life on death row. Even that might be too good for her!

Maybe this isn't the place to say this and it certainly should not be part of jury deliberations but I really think that the only chance for Jodi Arias to have any comprehension that she has done a terrible thing is for her to get the death penalty. It just might save her soul. I would like to think that she's capable of repentance but I am not holding my breath.

True. But I don't think anyone expects anything credible/impartial from Sandy Arias. They won't put much stock in anything she says, IMO.

I can't bash her mom. She did give birth to that girl, I wouldn't never expect a mother to help the state execute their child.....or stop loving them.

Ashleigh Banfield was just on HLN talking about the Alexander family/their reaction and I swear I heard her say there were never-before-seen photos of Travis' body shown in court today. Is this true? That poor family.

They never show them all. And there are several that are really bad. You can find them on the web though. I'm sure the family chose along time ago not to view them.

I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

I don't understand this question.

As far as I know, Jodi Arias did not confess her premeditated murder of Travis to either of her parents prior to her arrest or during the past 4 1/2 years prior to trial.

Am I missing some information? I haven't followed this case until recently.

What do you all think of JA's mother saying this is the beginning of the end?

Her mother knows that this is the beginning of the end of Jodi's life. I think Jodi's mother is expecting Jodi to be given the death penalty!

I don't understand this question.

As far as I know, Jodi Arias did not confess her premeditated murder of Travis to either of her parents prior to her arrest or during the past 4 1/2 years prior to trial.

Jodi ultimately claimed self defense, meaning she killed Travis. The premeditation came to be with all of the evidence surrounding the event.

Really, on a serious note, who in the heck are the lawyers going to get to speak for Jodi. Name one person....her mom? I don't see her getting up there. Darryl? I think he is long gone. WHO ELSE?

When this issue came up in the Scott Peterson case, Nancy Grace was a riot, pondering who in the world would testify for friendless SP:

"The carpool from kindergarten,,,,,his 3rd grade spelling bee partner......."

Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

O/T because I'm speed reading to keep up, when I see Nezumi's name I half panic because I think I see nurmi... :blushing: but the cute mouse makes up for it:seeya:

I can just picture the witnesses for Jodi:

Alyce "You need a time out, Mr. Martinez!" LaViolette

Dr. "Fog/I BEG your pardon!" Samuels

Donovan "Tweet" Bering

Gus "Too Skeevy to Come Up With a Quote" Searcy

Who have I missed?

Entirely O/T, but I've been meaning to tell you I love your screen name. :D

"You're Abe Froman?"
"That's right. I'm Abe Froman."
"The Sausage King of Chicago?"
"Yeah. That's me."

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

lolz

Her friend Donavan tweets for her. It appears that Donavan visits her or calls her and is told what to tweet by the convict.

And by Donavan......... that is the one that I'm thinking of yes? The one that is.....her friend and is lovely.......that Donavan , right? The one who may or may not have been a supermodel in a former life......that one ? :)

I was just thinking (once again, miles behind everyone else) about the reasons for requesting that the Victim Impact Statement be on video. I wonder was she actually 'planning' that far ahead? These statements, though I'm sure heartbreaking, would be much less impactful recorded than live. After today, I don't see her being too bothered by what Travis' family had to say but very concerned about their impact on the jury. Not that it makes a difference now ...

Coming in here late but, YES!!!! I knew this jury would get it right. Can't wait for tomorrow! You guys, the Justice Train is at full speed ahead! :loveyou:

Tomorrow at 9am is my 5 year old's Kindergarten graduation, so it is a very special day for me. Will definitely be bringing kleenex in my purse. ;) My little guy has autism and has overcome alot. (Learning to speak, coordination, etc) He is doing fantastic with the occupational therapy and other activities that he participates in at school and outside of school. :heartluv: (Proud Mama Bear boasting, sorry) ;)

But, I will be checking in like the sleuthie soldier that I am as soon as I get home. The kids are in school most of the day, so I'll be able to keep up! SO glad I got my laptop back yesterday; just in time! :cloud9:

I hope AL isn't going to be there. Hasn't she embarrassed herself enough already? CMJA's Mom will definitely testify to her behalf. But we all know that Juan will ask the hard hitting questions. I can hear him now, "But isn't it true she kicked you?" etc etc

Tomorrow we ride! :bud:

I think we'll see a lot of members from her family...
I think they'll really just beg for leniency. It will be hard to watch.

that's what I think as well.......I do feel very bad for her siblings....life in Yreka must be hell for them.

They never show them all. And there are several that are really bad. You can find them on the web though. I'm sure the family chose along time ago not to view them.

I took what Ashleigh said to mean that some photos Martinez put up in court today were photos that hadn't previously been shown in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper