aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so far on Twitter after court we have a shout out to DV victims (T-shirt BS) and we have the prisoner invoking religion and god's forgiveness. I think we can see what will be coming up in mitigation.

Jodi is trying to be a good christian, by helping DV survivors, God forgives .. can we get a 'thou shalt not kill' up in here .. I so hope she goes there, just quietly, I will enjoy watching Jodi preach to the jurors about what they should and shouldn't do.

She'll speak up for herself whether her attys want her to or not. That last interview was a dress rehearsal for her grand finale.

I'm guessing she'll opt for the sad, sincere Jodi on the cross. As in, "I understand why you decided what you did, and I know all my lies before trial made it impossible for you to believe me, and I am sorry for that. I am also sorry that Travis is dead. I know now that it didn't have to be this way, that if I had only reported his abuse when it happened that he might have been able to get help, and that I could have too, and that he would still be alive.

I can understand that you probably think that I deserve the death penality, and maybe I do. If you decide on life for me though, I plan on spending that life helping other victims of domestic abuse in whatever ways I can. I want you to know, though, that I forgive you if your verdict is for death, because actually, death is the ultimate freedom and I am not afraid of it."

I think for me it would totally depend on the circumstances surrounding the killing, and the evidence. I would certainly encourage a plea bargain of a lower charge e.g. manslaughter with a relatively limited period of time in jail (10 yrs). But it would all hinge on the circumstances. If I was mama arias, I would have encouraged a plea bargain for LWOP.

Somehow, I think Jodi doesn't listen to her mama and never has.

I understand that - during this past week while JA has been in the psych ward on suicide watch, I've been watching hours upon hours of trial videos, as well as media interviews and police interview videos.

I don't understand the OP regarding what a parent would do if their child confessed to them that they had committed premeditated murder, since I haven't seen any evidence that JA admitted to her parents that she committed premeditated murder.

Sorry it was a hypothetical question. As a parent, I love all my children with every ounce of my being. That being said, if they planned and carried out a murder, admitted doing it, what would I say to them.

HLN has been showing footage of ja being taken back to jail...in stripes and leg irons and waist chains......I have so been looking forward to seeing it. But, guess what she was strutting her stuff!!

Ooooh, I don't want to miss that! Was that on the beginning of Nancy Grace's show? I am still watching my recording of Jane.

OK so far on Twitter after court we have a shout out to DV victims (T-shirt BS) and we have the prisoner invoking religion and god's forgiveness. I think we can see what will be coming up in mitigation.

Jodi is trying to be a good christian, by helping DV survivors, God forgives .. can we get a 'thou shalt not kill' up in here .. I so hope she goes there, just quietly, I will enjoy watching Jodi preach to the jurors about what they should and shouldn't do.

BEEEcause girlfriend is ALL about the 10 Commandments...

Phenobarbital? If so, then yes! :floorlaugh: I'm thinking they will have a nice cocktail waiting for her back in her cell.

No, pentobarbital, as in sodium pentobarbital.

This is the drug currently used to execute those condemned to die by lethal injection.

Sources:

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00312

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/16/oklahoma.execution/index.html

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/pentobarbital.html

[I'm not a pharmacist, but my oldest son just completed -- three hours ago -- his didactics and begins his nine-month rotations cycle prior to anticipated licensure next year = Pharm.D. :dance::skip:]

Oh, no. She will be on Death Row giving interviews and wondering if her execution will be shown live worldwide like the Olympics. Got to take time to edit the manifesto.

And her hair? How shall she wear her hair so that it won't be flat for her funeral...so much to think about. Good thing she was a wedding planner...

she's probably looking for the producers phone number of that new show "the killer speaks" to think there are more people just like her walking around. :scared:

HLN has been showing footage of ja being taken back to jail...in stripes and leg irons and waist chains......I have so been looking forward to seeing it. But, guess what she was strutting her stuff!!

IMO it's so distant it's reminiscent of that old big foot footage... And her shackles make her walk like him too!:moo:

Jodi herself? Is that possible? No one would believe her!

I wonder if they will put her on the stand. Can they deny her if she asks? Aside from her Mom and her Dad who will argue he is very ill and doesn't want his daughter to die before him....I guess that's about all. How sad that she really has nobody else to argue that her life is worth saving......But if you had to argue for your life, who would you put up? She doesn't have kids or a spouse. I think tomorrow is going to finally be a day she sees that she really doesn't have anyone, and she will leave this world with a whimper....not a bang.

I was just thinking (once again, miles behind everyone else) about the reasons for requesting that the Victim Impact Statement be on video. I wonder was she actually 'planning' that far ahead? These statements, though I'm sure heartbreaking, would be much less impactful recorded than live. After today, I don't see her being too bothered by what Travis' family had to say but very concerned about their impact on the jury. Not that it makes a difference now ...

personally, I think it is her way of sticking it to Travis' family yet again. She is a real piece of work.

The jury has spoken for Travis, tomorrow his voice will be heard through his family

I feel Juan Martinez has been Travis' voice for 4 months now…and a loud, strong, convincing voice it has been. :twocents:

She'll speak up for herself whether her attys want her to or not. That last interview was a dress rehearsal for her grand finale.

I'm guessing she'll opt for the sad, sincere Jodi on the cross. As in, "I understand why you decided what you did, and I know all my lies before trial made it impossible for you to believe me, and I am sorry for that. I am also sorry that Travis is dead. I know now that it didn't have to be this way, that if I had only reported his abuse when it happened that he might have been able to get help, and that I could have too, and that he would still be alive.

I can understand that you probably think that I deserve the death penality, and maybe I do. If you decide on life for me though, I plan on spending that life helping other victims of domestic abuse in whatever ways I can. I want you to know, though, that I forgive you if your verdict is for death, because actually, death is the ultimate freedom and I am not afraid of it."
Jodi,is that you??

:floorlaugh:

I am posing a question. If your child planned and committed a homicide, admitted doing it to you, would you
A) Encourage them to go to trial pleading not guilty or
B) Have them plead guilty and accept LWOP

I just had this conversation with my husband, and he said A. I said B. Just curious if it is a role thing, a gender thing or if I am alone in my thinking. Thanks

Great (albeit difficult) question! Personally, due to circumstances within my family, we've actually had to have conversations like this with each other and with LE/case managers/treatment teams. I will say, as much as I love my children I would encourage them to plead guilty. Especially if their was the possibility of the death penalty. All of this would come from me being the first to turn them in if they admitted their guilt to me.

We've had a family member murdered in cold blood and it was difficult for our family. We knew the other families of the boys that killed my aunt and they were devastated that their children could commit such heinous acts (they also beat an elderly man to death in the next county from us). It's a terrible thing to consider, but I'm fairly certain that is what I would do. However, I think it would be a long time before I could be "supportive" of them after they committed premeditated murder.

Reminds me of Jerry Sandusky's making reference to Mother Teresa during the latter part of his trial.... "REALLY?!" At least their juries get to see the true colors of these "people" and can convict and sentence with the clearest of minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly