AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Cpl. Hall, an arrest in a case isn't the end. Her gratification comes only after knowing her hard work has made a difference in a child's life.

"Until that child knows there's no one that's going to take their innocence. They don't have to be physically abused anymore. When that child knows they can close their eyes and rest. That's what I want for them. That's the happiness. Knowing that that child has been saved," she said.

Cpl. Hall has been awarded Deputy of the Year by the Mobile County Sheriff's Office. She is the first woman to hold the honor.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/25531238/key-investigator-on-missing-brittney-wood-case

respectfully snipped and bolded by me
Im all caught up but Im still struggling with a few things.

The first is this:
A few threads back we saw where Brittney was on the phone with AH and specifically saying that if she could not get AH to pick her up then she would have to contact DH for the ride. The time was around 6ish or so and it did not make sense if she turned around and called DH right after that AH call that DH could make it over there that fast.

So the big question I have is there a phone record or something that proves Brittney called DH that evening AFTER the call with AH or not?
Or even before?

Do we know for sure what time Brittneys last phone calls to DH was?
:thumb: Of all the talk we've heard about phone calls and "pings" in the past two years, I don't believe we've been told the time(s) that phone records show calls and/or texts between BW and DH on May 30, 2012.

Because the 2nd thing that is confusing to me is this:
That LE article from the early thread just seems to indicate to me that there was some phone communication between Brittney and "family members" after she supposedly left the house and not necessarily after she was reported missing?

The article was not very clear the way it was worded so I took it as someone in the family lied at first and said when Brittney walked out the door and got in a truck that was the last anybody heard from her but when LE checked the records they proved Brittney's "phone" called someone around that time shortly after she left. I dont think the article is saying at all that there was phone records after she was reported missing.
That's correct. The article says between the time she left home, and the time she was reported missing, which was June 2, 2012.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550

Also, in early articles, when LE and reporters referred to "family", they seldom specified which "family". In this case, that can make a big difference.
The thing that keeps me leaning to someone very close to Brittney being involved in both her + DH demise is it was Brittneys gun found with DH. Color me stupid but if Brittneys gun is found with a dead person, it points me to someone close to Brittney that is responsible for both of them being gone.
And who happened to know how many bullets the gun held.
And who did not want Brittney to go to DH place.
And who admitted to a fight with Brittney.
Even if Brittney managed to leave the house and get to DH place, a very pissed off person could have went and tracked her down and decided to take it out on both of them.

Enough speculation from me for now. Gosh I wish LE could solve this and amend those charges on someone.
There's been controversy over ownership of the gun. Tonight, however, it was again reported that DH used BW's gun to commit suicide.
Authorities said Holland killed himself shortly after with Brittney’s gun.
http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/15/sex-ri...ad-not-guilty/

And from BrittsStepMom:
IDK how many bullets were in the gun from the beginning I know that Chessie said two and I know that LE told me that there was one bullet in the gun and one casing found at the time of the the said suicide.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #8
...I was told by LE it was a bullet to the side of his head.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #9

MOD NOTE: Reminder that it is a TOS violation (not to mention extremely rude and disrespectful) to discuss content of posts removed by moderators, or to question moderator decisions.

It's also against the rules to continue to discuss a topic which has been declared off limits.

Rules, Etiquette & Information

:seeya:

I am so very much hoping that Chessie rolls on her sisters as hard as she can. I hope to God Chessie is innocent in Brittney's disappearance. She reminds me of someone that was maybe abused as a child and could have been groomed as well. I honestly believe this molestation & incest stuff was multi generational and as the kids grew older they realized it was wrong. Maybe Brittney didn't rat these people out because she was afraid. Afterall, with all these people involved, and all immediate family and close friends, she could have thought they'd gang up on her and harm her. Maybe they threatened her to never speak of it. If it were just one culprit, Brittney probably wouldn't have been afraid to speak up or turn them in...but several perps changes that. That'd make anybody that's suffered abuse to keep it hidden out of fear for their life.

I think they were all abused.
From what I understand its three generations of child abuse.

MY question is why is Chessie allowed to go home to her children?

It was Pensacola and he was waiting for someone to bring water.
I thought it odd!

Hi Eileen!

Can you provide a link for this or remember where the info originated? I can do the search if I know where to look. TIA

Also, in early articles, when LE and reporters referred to "family", they seldom specified which "family". In this case, that can make a big difference.There's been controversy over ownership of the gun. Tonight, however, it was again reported that DH used BW's gun to commit suicide.http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/15/sex-ri...ad-not-guilty/

Snipped and BBM-

The same article also reports Brittney was last seen with DH. A source was not given for either of these 2 key pieces of information. I would really like to know their source. Even something as simple as 'investigators believe' would have been helpful.

A then 19-year-old Brittney Wood was last seen with her uncle Donald Holland on May 30, 2012.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/15/sex-ring-suspects-plead-not-guilty/

I think they were all abused.
From what I understand its three generations of child abuse.

MY question is why is Chessie allowed to go home to her children?

BBM - I have the same burning question. What makes Chessie different than the other accused? I believe the rest of the accused had their children removed and/or the accused left their home. Chessie is charged with two counts of first-degree sodomy and one count of sexual abuse of a child younger than 12. WTH? For crying out loud Chessie is living in the same home with her mother, the grandma that is helping support the imprisoned scum convicted of raping Brittney. Imo, allowing grandma to stay in the house speaks volumes of Chessie's priorities when it comes to her children. If I had to guess, grandmas monthly SS check is probably helpful to Chessie. Something is definitely amiss here.

Chessie Wood, who is free on bail, pleaded not guilty to all charges – two counts of first-degree sodomy and one count of sexual abuse of a child younger than 12.

According to law enforcement investigators, the defendant sexually abused a 10-year-old girl in 2009. Police have said they believe it was a one-time act of abuse.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/07/mother_of_missing_mobile_teena.html#incart_river

Snipped and BBM-

The same article also reports Brittney was last seen with DH. A source was not given for either of these 2 key pieces of information. I would really like to know their source. Even something as simple as 'investigators believe' would have been helpful.

Good question.

Lets hope the upcoming court proceedings give some solid answers.

I am also surprised that Chessie seemed to get out of jail rather quickly. It would be something if she fooled LE and is agreeing to testify about others when she may be much more culpable than anybody realizes.

Either multiple people know things and they do a good job of keeping their mouths shut or maybe only 1 person really knows the whole truth about certain things. There was opportunity before Brittney left.

That recently surfaced "threat letter" really threw a snag into things though and that letter kind of points to other people that may also know some things and had maybe another motive for not wanting Brittney around.

I get so confused with all the complexities and the sex abuse charges really
throw things into turmoil. The one thing I keep trying to separate is the sex abuse charges is one thing and the mystery of Brittneys disappearance is another. Even though they may be tied together I try to keep them separated so I dont lose focus of trying to figure out what happened to her.

Anyone have an opinion/s on why RSW, and only RSW, chose to stay in ?jail? rather than attend court yesterday to enter his plea of not guilty? TIA

IMO, I don't think it makes a difference. He still pled not guilting he's just skipping the formal arraignment part.

How hot/muggy/stifling/uncomfortable do the Mobile area jails become in mid-summer? TIA

Do they have air-conditioning? [I hope not!]

Wasnt there a female in jail that had a really low bail amount we were takling about it because it was so strange she stayed in jail and could not make the small bail amount.

Did that person finally get bailed out?

Was that person at court the other day?

sorry so many questions lately.

Anyone have an opinion/s on why RSW, and only RSW, chose to stay in ?jail? rather than attend court yesterday to enter his plea of not guilty? TIA

I have been told that people in jail like to leave their cells whenever an opportunity like this arises so I think this is a good question because it may be a sign of other things. Like if the person maybe has a plea agreement to testify against the others then maybe they did not want to face the other people.

We probably wont know for sure if it meant anything until trial.

I have been told that people in jail like to leave their cells whenever an opportunity like this arises so I think this is a good question because it may be a sign of other things. Like if the person maybe has a plea agreement to testify against the others then maybe they did not want to face the other people.

We probably wont know for sure if it meant anything until trial.

That's what I was thinking too! :wave:

Randall Scott Wood is not in jail. He bonded out shortly after each of his arrests. I imagine his attorney entered his plea for him.

Randall Scott Wood is not in jail. He bonded out shortly after each of his arrests. I imagine his attorney entered his plea for him.

Red flags going off for me. If he was due in court as well to be arraigned and he didn't show, it's making me go hmmmmm. As always, Alabama could be different, but the Defendant MUST appear to enter his plea absent maybe some real exigent circumstances (physically incapable). Here, the court's want to make sure the DEFENDANT, not his lawyer, understands the charges against him, understands the plea he is entering and so on. All of that is done to avoid appeals later on that a plea wasn't entered without his knowledge, understanding and comprehension. One explanation could be if his arraignment was simply continued to a different date for some reason. But a part of me does wonder if it's because he's talking.

reedus23, it looks like the defendant can waive his right to be present if he is represented by his attorney. Legal mumbojumbo link provided below.

(b) WAIVER OF THE RIGHT TO BE PRESENT.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a defendant may waive the right
to be present at any proceeding in the following manner:

(i) With the consent of the court, by an understanding and voluntary
waiver in open court or by a written consent executed by the defendant
and by the defendant’s attorney of record, filed in the case.

(ii) By the defendant’s absence from any proceeding, upon the
court’s finding that such absence was voluntary and constitutes an
understanding and voluntary waiver of the right to be present, and that the
defendant had notice of the time and place of the proceeding and was
informed of the right to be present.

http://judicial.alabama.gov/library/rules/cr9_1.pdf

Lots of drama happening on the Hometown Search Facebook page.

Here is a piece of information that I never heard/saw in media before. Starts at 5.21, towards the end, reporter states detectives have asked authorities in Texas to check out leads. This is good, I feel comfortable LE is aware of more than the public is aware of, and acting on leads and tips.

Part 2 - http://youtu.be/_U6ouTcDzHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member