AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister would be the only one I"d trust to help me move a body. But doesn't the old saying go a BFF will?

You nailed it, Quester, what a train wreck.

Not posting much, but I'm still here hoping there are more arrests and Brittney is found. Praying for Steph and wally and Peyton. And Eileen.. you just get off those hands, I love your posts.. they give me hope and make me think!

also.. great post Quester!

Who is still missing from the above family photos?

MWK?
SW?
Granny W?
WWH's bestie?
WB's wife?

Who else knew about this family's activities and didn't report it to LE???
Who knew and didn't take steps to save/protect the children???

Brittney.

I didn't know that the victim contacted Brittney first.

I just can't make the 'story' of Brittney's disappearance add up.

Her mom's story of how she left, and under what circumstances, has changed (0n foot/picked up, happy/had a row).

LE's reasoning seems to have changed too (from voluntary runaway to endangered now). From nothing to do with the abuse investigation, to the 'golden nugget'.

Brittney had been approached by a vital witness in the forthcoming prosecution, received important info from her ( who was being accused of the rape) then dropped the conversation completely. It seems like that could be really important, but I can't work out why again.

Not one person close to Brittney has come forward to say she ever mentioned running away. Nobody saw anything or knows anything, they say.

There were two false sightings of her ( one by a neighbour, another by a jealous girlfriend)

At least one other family member beside DH might reasonably have been expected to have seen her after she left CW's, but there's been no information.

There's no fully confirmed description of what she was wearying/carrying that day. Why don't the public know if it was a teal or pink bag yet?

There's a complete fog about the whereabouts of some people close to the case, in the period Brittney disappeared.

There is some highly suspect behaviour from people close to the case, in the immediate aftermath of Brittney's disappearance.

Her friends have fallen silent, as though they don't care, know something we don't, or are scared to be associated with her case.

About the only thing I'm certain of is that there was panic around DH's death, and I don't think anyone expected that event.

Whether it is possible DH could have killed Brittney and then gone to the trouble of hiding her body before killing himself, I don't know. There are plenty of examples of that, but it's usually a man killing his wife or partner or kids, not his niece.

Police have painted a picture of DH as highly intelligent and charming; From Klaas Kids and various statements/ posts/ actions we have a picture of family members which does not fit that description. So was DH just a complete cuckoo in the nest? Weren't the twins actually brought up with him?

Just nothing adds up. I wish fresh eyes could look at this case. I'm not criticizing police, but now we know the extent of the investigation authorities were undertaking when Brittney vanished, I think there is a real possibility something was missed. The sex abuse investigation must still be a huge drain, and officers must be drowning in all the (often conflicting) details of her disappearance. Inviting someone with the right experience aboard just to look at Brittney's case, who knows nothing about it, might seem like a recipe for disaster. I think it could prove eye-opening.

I think that by that time the victim was living away from DH while the investiagtion was going on and that the victim had probalu already named these men as perps to LE and told Britt she had told LE so. (just a guess)

O/T

ktgirl, I got a cute little keyboard for my tablet, to save all the typos. I wore the B out though.

About the only thing I'm certain of is that there was panic around DH's death, and I don't think anyone expected that event.

Respectfully snipped

Why do you think there was panic around his death? To me, the abuse alligations especially if true, would give someone reason enough to end their life, if they had remorse or guilt, though I don't think any one of these perps have normal response or emotion to feel guilt. It seems to me to all fit together to well, the allegations come to light, dh removed from house, though I don't belive wwh cared about court orders or her daughter enough to protect her.

Was'nt wwh out late the nite before dh's "suicide"? Getting meds? Or was that the morning of? Who was w/ her? How did she end up finding dh so soon after dh pulled the trigger that he was still breathing? If you wanted to kill yourself don't you try to have some space so that you can finish the deed without anyone interupting or having to deal w/ your half alive body?? Why O' why would you as the wife of said man, would you care about Brittneys cell, voice mail or facebook accounts immeadiatly following the suicide attempt? To me, it feels orchestrated, like I've said, I just don't think whoevr chose that gun realized the calibur size & luck might not finish him as fast as they hoped.

What I don't understand is if the family knew of the allegations, knew dh was not to be around the victim, then where is the outrage at dh? Nothing on social media like any one of them ripping on dh or comlaining about the allegations or even after the warrants, where's the outrage that any of them are being railroaded (cw's only came out after she was arrested, which imo was a lil to late in the game to point fingers or express concern for her daughter) or angry at dh for doing this to his daughter? I would expect some sort of venom expressed while he was in hospital. Even a hint of anger or hatred for this man & what he was alleged to have done to his daughter? I have'nt heard of anything posted on line between any of them even hinting to the allegations until the suicide & Brittney disappearing.

I'm not disagreeing w/ you, just wondered what panic?

Where's Chessie's anger at DH and the perps accused? She allegedly recently found out TWO of her children are victims, Derek and Britt. Why has Chessie not rebuked these people? I don't believe the BS about keeping your enemies closer. No one keeps a child rapist close! In my opinion, Chessie has been keeping a few secrets. How odd that a victim reached out to Britt on Facebook about her rape and Britt disappears soon after. Then we have WWH and Chessie logging into Britt's Facebook. Also checking her cellphone. It almost appears the Facebook messages between Britt and the victim set something off. As if they triggered a chain reaction. I don't believe Chessie is at the end of that chain either. In my opinion, she is somewhere right in the middle. Her reactions to the revelation her TWO children were sexually abused is most telling.

Chessie's probably not anger with any of them, because this has been going on for years and everyone knew about it. They all say dh jr., derrick and brittney were victims. And in their sick eyes it was exceptable. With all the drugs that has been around for years,could have brittney,dh jr. Or derrick been passed around like toys in exchange for those drugs back then? I think so, and chessie has been involved in this all along. Jmo. Now everyone wants to blame everything on dh. And act as tho' they knew nothing.you can't tell me with all that has been arrested, that dh was the only one to know what was going on.they all knew and the kids had to pay the price for all of this for years! Jmo

CW is probably only angry because she thinks one of them may have ratted her out IMO

I'm sensing the Mobile area sleuthers know important facts that the rest of us don't.

Anyone care to fill us in? Toss a bone? TIA

This case is so nasty! Have never ever heard of this many vile humans, in 1 family to boot.
I can only hope this vitcim feels & knows the strength she has. I want to walk her into court. I'd proudly stand between her & the family.
I feel like it's a small piece of redemption for the 9 yr old Brittney, who was also so strong to tell someone about her abuse but to young to ward off the rest of them, look at the adults in this case that did'nt stop it or feel ashamed enough or guilty enough to speak up. But this victim did, she got the lot of them

Hey all

If anyone can give suggestions on my search for public records.

Also, going crazy trying to find information in the correct city/county. I'm just starting this so anything you have please post.

Thus far I've talked to a "Pam" with Fairhope CITY police dept. Was looking for the police incident report when DH Sr was found shot in the head. According to Pam, that was not Fairhope city jurisdiction and Pam stated I could not get any records regarding this incident regardless because it is still under investigation. I will continue to find who/s jurisdiction, just wanted to get this post out asking ya'll for input.

I did specifically mention that I understood incidents 'still under investigation' not being made public, however I didn't realize this suicide was under investigation. Pam told me yes, all records of that family are. (under investigation) Not certain Pam is 100% correct so that is not fact, but I found it interesting. Fairhope, AL city records dept. 251 928-2136

Also, the latest on court dates in Mobile?

Thanks all

Hey all

Also, going crazy trying to find information in the correct city/county. I'm just starting this so anything you have please post.

Thus far I've talked to a "Pam" with Fairhope CITY police dept. Was looking for the police incident report when DH Sr was found shot in the head. According to Pam, that was not Fairhope city jurisdiction and Pam stated I could not get any records regarding this incident regardless because it is still under investigation. I will continue to find who/s jurisdiction, just wanted to get this post out asking ya'll for input.

I did specifically mention that I understood incidents 'still under investigation' not being made public, however I didn't realize this suicide was under investigation. Pam told me yes, all records of that family are. (under investigation) Not certain Pam is 100% correct so that is not fact, but I found it interesting. Fairhope, AL city records dept. 251 928-2136

Thanks all

I believe he committed "suicide" in Baldwin County. They would likely have the reports. I haven't looked, but Baldwin County should have a person designated to handle Freedom of Information Act requests. My guess is, whether right or wrong, you will probably run into a brick wall trying to get the report and then it's a question of how much you are willing to pay for a lawyer to file suit for violating the FOIA. My guess is they will, as Pam did, claim anything and everything related to that family is still under investigation.

Hey all

Thanks all

Since the suicide happened outside city limits, the investigation probably fell to the Baldwin Co. Sheriff Dept. The phone # for their investigative division is: 251-947-5508

I'm sensing the Mobile area sleuthers know important facts that the rest of us don't.

Anyone care to fill us in? Toss a bone? TIA[/QUOTE I LIVE IN GRAND BAY, AND THE SAD THING IS EVEN FROM THE BEGINNING OF BRITTNEY MISSING, PEOPLE KNEW OF HER. WHEN I WOULD ASK MY GRAND KIDS OR THEIR FRIENDS THEY WOULD SAY WE USE TO KNOW HER IN MIDDLE SCHOOL.OF ALL THE PEOPLE HERE IN TOWN I HAVE TALKED TO ABOUT BRITTNEY NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW HER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF LADY. AND WHAT SHE KNEW OF BRITTNEY WAS AROUND 2006-07. I KNOW NONE OF THE SICK PEOPLE AND SEEMS AS NO ONE ELSE DID. I GUESS THEY KEPT THEIR BUSINESS HUSH HUSH. SURE WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT THAT TEXT SAID TO THE DOPE HEAD THAT COULD NOT REMEMBER.

I did speak with Baldwin County sheriff office. Transferred to their records department.

After being told I had to be a victim or have a court order for records, I explained I was only looking for public records that would be available under the FOIA. She told me under no uncertain terms, "the Baldwin county sheriff office does not operate under the freedom of information act" ??????

oh, and to have a good day.

I've only been in this state for about 2.5 years, not very informed with the legal system/records. Think next step is to attempt contact with news media. At the very least have a conversation with a reporter, maybe I can pick up some tips.

Friday I'll be out and about, please feel free to tell me any directions one thinks I should try.

I did speak with Baldwin County sheriff office. Transferred to their records department.

After being told I had to be a victim or have a court order for records, I explained I was only looking for public records that would be available under the FOIA. She told me under no uncertain terms, "the Baldwin county sheriff office does not operate under the freedom of information act" ??????

oh, and to have a good day.

I've only been in this state for about 2.5 years, not very informed with the legal system/records. Think next step is to attempt contact with news media. At the very least have a conversation with a reporter, maybe I can pick up some tips.

Friday I'll be out and about, please feel free to tell me any directions one thinks I should try.

Try this link http://www.nfoic.org/alabama-foia-laws

It also has a link to a sample request form.

Just a random question but why are documents for this case being desired? We have insider information and many people who are close to steph that post here. I must've missed something in why it's wanted or needed.

Im not too sure that information will be released because not all arrests have been made and it's concerning incest and rape of children. No one has went to court and been tried either.

This may be totally not of the popular opinion but I don't think everything is our personal business to examine - unless asked specifically by Steph on behalf of her family. I just feel our place is on here as a support group and to help Steph find new questions or elements that might bring brittney home - not stick our noses into the sex crime case itself. While yes Britt is missing most likely because of it - no one is on trial for her being missing etc etc. Im not wanting to argue or come off rude, it's just - I think there's lines we shouldn't cross when our missing person is not the victim in this case that's put these people in jail. Things that are posted on the internet are forever and reposting information about this trial is too.

There is a support thread for BW although it currently appears to contain only links to articles about the case/s. It is located in the "Missing Persons Information and Support" forum which has the following description: "This Forum is for Missing Person Reports, Information and Family Support". Here's a direct link to that thread:* * *

My understanding is that this thread, on which we are posting, is for sleuthing the case/s. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle