AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say Brittney is out there alive and well!

You've stuck by that too. Can you envision her in Philly? I can't. I'd guess she'd be somewhere in the south if she was being put up by someone connected to her family.

I just wish I didn't have to keep wondering with no answers.

Sorry to jump in on a thread that I haven't been on before, but I was scanning. Is this girl still missing or did they find her deceased? If she's still missing...how come there are certain people in her family that keep referring to her in the past sense instead of present? (basing that off quotes as seen in this thread in earlier pages).

The one that really set me off was "Everybody knows Britt was one of the biggest victims."

how come she is saying "was" instead of "is" if this girl has not been found deceased? I don't mean to be a pain, but there are a lot of posts here and multiple threads to go through...just really want this question answered I guess.

Sorry to jump in on a thread that I haven't been on before, but I was scanning. Is this girl still missing or did they find her deceased? If she's still missing...how come there are certain people in her family that keep referring to her in the past sense instead of present? (basing that off quotes as seen in this thread in earlier pages).

The one that really set me off was "Everybody knows Britt was one of the biggest victims."

how come she is saying "was" instead of "is" if this girl has not been found deceased? I don't mean to be a pain, but there are a lot of posts here and multiple threads to go through...just really want this question answered I guess.

Because it was her family that killed her or had part in her death so they talk about her in the past tense. ..imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Brittney is still missing.

snipped for Missing Poster

Brittney-Wood-002.jpg

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - A missing person report has been filed with the Mobile Police Department for 19-year-old Brittney Wood.

Wood's family said, the last they heard, she was going to visit her uncle near the Styx river area.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/missing-person-report-filed-on-teen

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/tillmans-corner-teen-missing-for-a-week-30359-vi-132971/_

I've been watching Brittney's name come up, and was scared to click. I thought she might have been found.

I feel so, so sorry for the people who really love Brittney, who have to go through this.Thank heavens her child is so young.

I wonder if we could get some of our SAR people over, to contribute ideas on searches? But they are so busy, I think they would need a separate SAR thread, as they just wouldn't get time to go through a general thread. Have you seen Bob's, Rolltidemom? Do you think something like that could help?

I haven't seen Bob's. Can you link it for me? I think anything could help at this point

Thank you for the replies. I don't know anything about her case and I know it's generally not wise to comment if you don't know the story. BUT...people who have a loved one missing do not refer to them in past tense. People who have a loved one missing refer to them in the present...unless LE states that said person is deceased and even then, many loved ones use present tense for quite some time after. This story smells like fish. Backing out now, but thank you for the replies.

In Philly? Real page? Seems to speak so confidently like there's no doubt, but I don't know. Better not be playing games and getting our hopes up, please.

Does any body on here live in that area to get some flyers up? I don't know if that'd be a good thing to do, depending on what the situation. I guess a Private Investigator could look into it for some $$$, but you'd want to be sure it was a a very serious, real sighting.

Finding Brittney is always our hope.

I have been following this case and I usually am a lurker! However, if there is one case that has grabbed my heart it is Brittany's case!! Anyway. I highly doubt she is in Philly but who am I to say? I have seen stranger things in my life.

I live outside of Philly but am going to northeast Philly tonight. Any idea what section of Philly, or what mall?

I have been following this case and I usually am a lurker! However, if there is one case that has grabbed my heart it is Brittany's case!! Anyway. I highly doubt she is in Philly but who am I to say? I have seen stranger things in my life.

I live outside of Philly but am going to northeast Philly tonight. Any idea what section of Philly, or what mall?

Welcome to Britts thread! Thank you for posting! No idea. The poster won't respond now

Welcome Stinneb!

No, the general consensus is that Brittney is probably no longer alive, and that she died very shortly after she was last seen. There are some posters that believe otherwise, and hopefully they are correct. Brittney's is a really interesting story, well worth a read, and we can always do with a fresh set of eyes!
I sure hope they're right too! After reading that Brittney is a mother and about her phone battery it does seem a little bit like an open-and-shut case. (considering the person she was last seen with - I find it hard to understand why she would be going anywhere near, let alone WITH him). Except I suppose no missing person case is ever open-and-shut and of course Brittney has not yet been located.
It looks like some volunteers are searching for her? Hopefully they will find something...
Seems like I have a lot to catch up on with this case. It's just so sad.

No, and it's probably not a real sighting. Could you just drive around the whole city and keep your eyes open? Only kidding. Have a fun, safe time. :wave:

You've stuck by that too. Can you envision her in Philly? I can't. I'd guess she'd be somewhere in the south if she was being put up by someone connected to her family.

I just wish I didn't have to keep wondering with no answers.

Yes I can see her in Philly!
Anywhere is better than where she was! JMO

Im telling you all she is out there!

I haven't seen Bob's. Can you link it for me? I think anything could help at this point

It's in my sig, third link down. It did get a little chatty when the main thread was closed, but it's back to all the co-ordinate stuff now. I'm not any good with all that, but some people are.

Welcome!

Here is a thread for Brittney, "Case Facts Only, No Discussion". It is a quick read. It might help you get caught up on her case.

AL AL- Brittney Wood CASE FACTS ONLY **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wouldn't it be lovely if she is in Philly, ah, it would make my year!

Another thing!

If she had stayed close to home I think she would try to see her daughter so id kind of be alert to the ppl in the stores or walking past or sitting on a bench.
Brit could be close by just to get a look at her. Id have eyes in back of my head!

Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member