Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if an innocent orange haired man was arrested.
I laughed at your comment, but on a serious note, she needs to face charges! Is she going to hide for awhile until maybe LE forget about all that she did? If what she did was a hoax, charges definitely need to be filed, taxpayers dollars should be taken seriously among other important elements of wrongdoing.

Having flashbacks of other hoax... slender man, balloon boy and a runaway bride. Too many others. It's time to make her an example ... you can't play the game if you don't accept the consequences that come with them. MOO

The Hoover police press conference mentioned that the red head bald man/unknown woman fed her cheese crackers. wth, I do find this amusing, as she bought cheez-its at Target. As a "nursing student" did she think this was smart to say, as if whem she was "found"..the hospital exam may find the cheese crackers in her stomach?
Also, the use of the word "compression" was quite interesting. So the red head bald man and unknown woman did not want to leave "compression" marks?? This is pretty much a medical term, unless you are in the market for compression hose... I would go out on a limb and say that red headed folks and crying babies in 18 wheelers don't use "compression" in their jargon. Rather, fwiw, use language akin to "make a mark, imprint" etc. Just all my opinion!

Respectfully, I don't mean to nitpick but I think it important to be accurate here about CR's description of her captor -- especially because it adds to the falsehood.

For example, I don't doubt you've read/heard 'redhead' because who says orange head? IMO, orange hair is a child's description of Ronald McDonald. Makes me wonder if CR knows of or just learned of the Ronald McDonald House in Birmingham or the new RMHCA family room at UAB Women's and Infants Center located in the Regional NICU.

According to Police Chief Nicholas Derzis, Russell told detectives that when she got out of her vehicle to check on the child, a man came from the woods, forced her into a car, and then she woke up in the trailer of a semi-truck.

She said she was taken by a white man with orange hair with a bald spot, a woman, and said she heard a child crying.

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday..."

What does "honoring" mean in this context? I've never heard that term before. It kinda sounds like she was sucking up to the police there. Was she maybe there to pay a ticket and regaled them with all of knowledge and hard work to get out of a ticket...maybe?
Maybe they meant honorable??

I honestly cannot imagine being a member of her community, who stood and searched for her....only to find that it was all a hoax. Miss Russell will have to face them, and her family will as well. As long as they live there. An apology is over-due, IMO. Let's get to the come clean part, and move on and grow from this self-inflicted nightmare!

MOO and Peace

Agreed, it is clear she and I are not sisters. Mama would have dragged my immature selfish entitled ungrateful special self to an attorney quickly. Next I would be giving an apology tour so I could get past the shame.
Of course, my Mama would never have let me grow up to wrongly think I was so deserving of everything I wanted. Instead, I know I was blessed with a chance at a wonderful life due to the country I was born into, the decade in which I was born, and my parents. That is much more than most all young women in the world begin with. All of it was no really mine, yet, I will spend my life trying to earn it. In that process I’ll be that kind of Tough Love mom my parents were for me.

Tough Love is exactly what prompts the learning that allows girls to become women and boys to become men. Carlee needs some tough love

JMO

Last edited:
The taking of the nude photos is an interesting detail. Perhaps she had fears that similar photos (taken previously) were going to surface online, and she was getting ahead of the story. Moo

but...the kidnappers let her keep that sock on, the sock containing the money???

Just asking, ya'know, just asking.

jmho ymmv lrr

Respectfully, I don't mean to nitpick but I think it important to be accurate here about CR's description of her captor -- especially because it adds to the falsehood.

For example, I don't doubt you've read/heard 'redhead' because who says orange head? IMO, orange hair is a child's description of Ronald McDonald. Makes me wonder if CR knows of or just learned of the Ronald McDonald House in Birmingham or the new RMHCA family room at UAB Women's and Infants Center located in the Regional NICU.

According to Police Chief Nicholas Derzis, Russell told detectives that when she got out of her vehicle to check on the child, a man came from the woods, forced her into a car, and then she woke up in the trailer of a semi-truck.

She said she was taken by a white man with orange hair with a bald spot, a woman, and said she heard a child crying.
You are correct!! Orange hair! with a bald spot. Thank you for the correction. Did I also hear that the orange haired man came out from the dark...perhaps he was being chased by the Hamburglar.

but...the kidnappers let her keep that sock on, the sock containing the money???

Just asking, ya'know, just asking.

jmho ymmv lrr

The story gives some insight into what some young people envision as human trafficking.
If it involves CheezZits, painted nails, glamour shots, and 48 hours away from our family- there would be a line!

Just saying
JMO

Agreed, it is clear she and I are not sisters. Mama would have dragged my immature selfish entitled ungrateful special self to an attorney quickly. Next I would be giving an apology tour so I could get past the shame.
Of course, my Mama would never have let me grow up to wrongly think I was so deserving of everything I wanted. Instead, I know I was blessed with a chance at a wonderful life due to the country I was born into, the decade in which I was born, and my parents. That is much more than most all young women in the world begin with. All of it was no really mine, yet, I will spend my life trying to earn it. In that process I’ll be that kind of Tough Love mom my parents were for me.

Tough Love is exactly what prompts the learning that allows girls to become women and boys to become men. Carlee needs some tough love

JMO
Your mama and mine were very much the same.

JMO
Wow! Beautifully said and so true!

The story gives some insight into what some young people envision as human trafficking.
If it involves CheezZits, painted nails, glamour shots, and 48 hours away from our family- there would be a line!

Just saying
JMO
Maybe she was at the RRI…having some prearranged ‘glamour shots’ taken? Maybe the photographer picked her up? I remember that other murdered girl…she flew from her parents house..took an Uber to meet a kinky photographer for her Only Fans ‘career.‘

He killed her.

Had I had a bachelor's degree already, I would have fast tracked it too. I would do anything I could to use what credits I could towards a BSN or MSN. It's rare that anyone with a degree already is going downgrade to an associates when they can use their degree already earned to get a second bachelors or an MSN.
At 25 she hasn't been floundering-She already had a prior degree and changed her mind and wanted a different degree. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life until in my 40s. There's nothing to be criticized about any of this here IMO.
@thefragile7393, I appreciate your opinion.

CR is soon to be 26, earned a bachelor's degree around age 23, employed (formerly) at a day spa,
said to have flunked out of the community college nursing program, living with her parents, and allegedly pulled off a hoax reported around the world. Yes, IMO, that's floundering, and I stand by my post.

Last edited:
LE did not mention the family going to RRI nor the parents going to Atlanta. But there is a possibility the police went also and just hasn't been shared...(??)
Agree, RRI was not mentioned during the Press Conference but the hoax was self-reported by Mrs. Russell (following her GMA interview). And PD did release the 911 call between dispatch, RRI Management, and responding officer(s).

I'm not familiar with parents traveling to Atlanta. Was this another hoax to collect CR?

My question is more narrow. Yes. We know there are various motivations behind things like this. It’s the decisions as to how to put the plans into place that I’m questioning. That’s what I guess makes some of suggest “disordered thinking” whether or not we fully understand the term.

What stands out to me is the sheer lack of logic. The improbability of getting away with what she tried to do. The risk of making up a story while on the phone to cops on the highway, pretending she’s looking at a child, when LE could pull up behind her at any moment. All of those things aren’t about what motivated her to create a story. It’s about the weirdness of her decision-making regarding that story. It’s so weird that it seems pathological to many of us non-professional folks.
It’s illogical if we have all the pieces of the puzzle, which I don’t think we do, at least not in msm.

I’m still standing by my post in the previous thread where I said this feels like a distraction. If (hypothetically) her goal was to cause a big ruckus where she is the victim to distract from some sort of failure or secret, and have her parents and family fear for her life — and then reappear miraculously unharmed and her parents so grateful she’s alive they’d be willing to overlook whatever the big failure was, then she certainly accomplished it.

Was it impulsive and sloppy and just all-around dumb? Absolutely. If she just wanted a break or an escape, then the huge commotion of the 911 call and fake abduction is clearly illogical. But if what she wanted was attention and a ridiculous commotion, well then…

It’s illogical if we have all the pieces of the puzzle, which I don’t think we do, at least not in msm.

I’m still standing by my post in the previous thread where I said this feels like a distraction. If (hypothetically) her goal was to cause a big ruckus where she is the victim to distract from some sort of failure or secret, and have her parents and family fear for her life — and then reappear miraculously unharmed and her parents so grateful she’s alive they’d be willing to overlook whatever the big failure was, then she certainly accomplished it.

Was it impulsive and sloppy and just all-around dumb? Absolutely. If she just wanted a break or an escape, then the huge commotion of the 911 call and fake abduction is clearly illogical. But if what she wanted was attention and a ridiculous commotion, well then…
It's not so much the whys of it, it's the methodologies of it that are causing us to attempt to analyse a mental state that could come up with such a plan when there were a million simpler and more effective ways to attain her goals.
eg if By or ex bf was target, she could have roped in a mate to pretend she was kidnapped and cause drama for him and therefore attain his attention without involving world media and police resources.
if her parents were her targets a similar scheme could have been planned or a run away from home with a letter 'not coming back until/unless etc..

Leaving phone behind with her Google searches for all the world to see does not demonstrate logical sensible thinking processes.

Ditto robe from spa

ditto her belief that people would believe her story, presumably without checking.

It's not about her intentions it's about her flawed process in realising her intentions.
This is a red flag in relation to her mental health.

Agree, RRI was not mentioned during the Press Conference but the hoax was self-reported by Mrs. Russell (following her GMA interview). And PD did release the 911 call between dispatch, RRI Management, and responding officer(s).

I'm not familiar with parents traveling to Atlanta. Was this another hoax to collect CR?

It's on the video portion. The mom says they received a tip. Although not mentioned, wonder if LE accompanied the Russells to Atlanta.

It's not so much the whys of it, it's the methodologies of it that are causing us to attempt to analyse a mental state that could come up with such a plan when there were a million simpler and more effective ways to attain her goals.
eg if By or ex bf was target, she could have roped in a mate to pretend she was kidnapped and cause drama for him and therefore attain his attention without involving world media and police resources.
if her parents were her targets a similar scheme could have been planned or a run away from home with a letter 'not coming back until/unless etc..

Leaving phone behind with her Google searches for all the world to see does not demonstrate logical sensible thinking processes.

Ditto robe from spa

ditto her belief that people would believe her story, presumably without checking.

It's not about her intentions it's about her flawed process in realising her intentions.

It really is not a red flag of any kind with regard to her mental health. There are plenty of idiot amateur criminals who get caught due to their own needless stunts. There are plenty of drama queens who do the same. It literally tells us nothing at all about her mental health. IMO, trying to find a mental health diagnosis to understand (or justify) her actions is wrong. As a society, the pendulum has swung too far when we strive to clinically pathologize all behavior, even when it doesn't fit into the constructs of existing mental illness. We shouldn't be looking for zebras here when the answer is likely very simply, CR wanted to disappear for whatever reason and she wanted hoopla around it. That's not mental illness, IMO.

Ditto robe from spa

Maybe I’ve just met a lot of dumb people in the last 7 years, but some people are just really dumb.

She definitely needs therapy and in my opinion seems very narcissistic, but I’m seeing more stupidity than mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*