Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry so long! I'm not so sure about the reports about VW's high intelligence and upstanding character tbh.

I'm sure she knew what was going on at the jail she worked at and how to get around the obstacles there, but who wouldn't after all those years. After that, does it really take a genius to have a place to hide out and get there.

Also, her job is one that frequently has to take just about anyone who would show up. It doesn't require much education, is low paying, horrible conditions, dangerous and with high turnover. It could be just showing up the longest and being somewhat agreeable and somewhat competent gets you employee of the year award sometimes at a place like that.

It seems to me much more likely that she had been skirting the rules for some time in this poorly run jail and was well liked because she let others do the same. I see that long before seeing her suddenly jumping off the deep end out of nowhere with this convict after many years of exemplary behavior. I wonder if she had other prison boyfriends before this guy and what else she's been involved in all along. In other words, that she actually identified with the inmates, like she was one of them.

Or maybe she even believes in this guy's innocence and thinks she's righteously saving him. One thing that occurred to me is that he's in for 75 years when he has NOT been convicted of any murders, if I recall correctly. IF that is correct, though he does seem to me a very dangerous individual who BELONGS behind bars, that still seems a lot of years for crimes that are less than murder.

MOO
I definitely think she could believe that somehow CW has been misunderstood or unfairly sentenced or something. But I think there’s a lot of witnesses and evidence that point to her being pretty smart.

About the "decoy car" idea, I really doubt she would choose a car that would stand out for any reason, for any leg of the getaway. I think she just wasn't that knowledgeable about all this once she got beyond what went on in the jail and didn't think about the color of the getaway car. I think people are giving her too much credit tbh. She just knew about the environment she worked at, the jail, imo.

Last edited:
I would pay money to know whether it had engine issues or was just abandoned in working order.
Me too and it would be such an easy thing to find out. That's why it bothered me when Sheriff Singleton seemed to just guess it broke down. I mean come on, wouldn't that be one of the first things you'd ask the tow company? But now thinking about it, the keys were probably not with the car so they couldn't even attempt to start it???

Sorry so long! I'm not so sure about the reports about VW's high intelligence and upstanding character tbh.

I'm sure she knew what was going on at the jail she worked at and how to get around the obstacles there, but who wouldn't after all those years. After that, does it really take a genius to have a place to hide out and get there.

Also, her job is one that frequently has to take just about anyone who would show up. It doesn't require much education, is low paying, horrible conditions, dangerous and with high turnover. It could be just showing up the longest and being somewhat agreeable and somewhat competent gets you employee of the year award sometimes at a place like that.

It seems to me much more likely that she had been skirting the rules for some time in this poorly run jail and was well liked because she let others do the same. I see that long before seeing her suddenly jumping off the deep end out of nowhere with this convict after many years of exemplary behavior. I wonder if she had other prison boyfriends before this guy and what else she's been involved in all along. In other words, that she actually identified with the inmates, like she was one of them.

Or maybe she even believes in this guy's innocence and thinks she's righteously saving him. One thing that occurred to me is that he's in for 75 years when he has NOT been convicted of any murders, if I recall correctly. IF that is correct, though he does seem to me a very dangerous individual who BELONGS behind bars, that still seems a lot of years for crimes that are less than murder.

MOO
The more articles I go back to read, the smarter I think she is. People who liked her and people who didn’t like her both describe her as smart. She certainly found her window and got ahead of a national manhunt. The evidence says she’s smart. Wait til the truth comes out and I bet we will hear about a lot of other orchestration she did that will blow our minds.

Hello all, i live in the uk and in my limited experience of taking out large ish sums of money from the bank its a bit difficult. Maybe difficult too strong a word but depending on how much you have to order it and make an appointment and answer questions about the intended use for the money for anti money laundering regs and to satisfy them there's no criminal involvement or coercion involved. If it's very large amounts and you say you need it for deposit on house or expensive car they recommend bankers drafts or that its sent digitally for a footprint. Would VW therefore had to have kept relatively small amounts spread across many banks so she could get around this. Not sure how things go in the states. If it's maybe £10k here and £5k there across a couple of different banks etc you can keep saying to buy a car, home renovation or for holiday ready money and that would work here.
This is a relatively common practice anyway- if you live in a small town, and you have a large sum of cash that you don't necessarily want everyone in town to know about, you stash it away in multiple accounts across many banks. There are reporting requirements for large withdrawals but they are easy to circumvent. She may have even been using her late husbands account if she was his caregiver.

About the "decoy car" idea, I really doubt she would choose a car that would stand out for any reason, for any leg of the getaway. I think she just wasn't that knowledgeable about all this once she got beyond what went on in the jail and didn't think about the color of the getaway car. I think people are giving her too much credit tbh. She just knew about the environment she worked at, the jail. If she was really that brilliant, she wouldn't be doing this at all imo.
All we know is she bought an orange vehicle and it was kept at the hotel. Keep in mind that LE hasn’t actually confirmed whether they have been seen or caught on video driving it. Why would you buy a low cost bright orange vehicle when the same dealer has other options that would blend in more? She was looking for a vehicle to use and discard from the beginning IMO.

Interesting & thorough article about jail escapes in AL. The jailer who talked his way out of getting killed is a great story. That jails can be at double capacity & understaffed at the same time is a difficulty hard to overcome. We know what the problems are. What are the answers?

The prison system needs to do everything it can to avoid letting those they house be housed in jails due to additional charges, etc. Alabama jails are a very vulnerable point of contact in a broken judicial system.

MOO

Attachments

• 24941727-standard.jpg
    24941727-standard.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 8
Me too and it would be such an easy thing to find out. That's why it bothered me when Sheriff Singleton seemed to just guess it broke down. I mean come on, wouldn't that be one of the first things you'd ask the tow company? But now thinking about it, the keys were probably not with the car so they couldn't even attempt to start it???
Good point about the keys.

I have been following from the start but new to the thread. Sorry if this has been gone over already and it likely has but very curious about the idea with the green paint on the car. Was it car paint or emulsion (lol)? How were they thinking they could do it and get a good coverage. They would have stuck out more than ever in a car with a very dodgy green paint with rubbish application and coverage. Why that colour ? Baffled by this. Obviously they quickly abandoned the idea but the attempt to paint must have meant it was still running okay, yes or no?

All we know is she bought an orange vehicle and it was kept at the hotel. Keep in mind that LE hasn’t actually confirmed whether they have been seen or caught on video driving it. Why would you buy a low cost bright orange vehicle when the same dealer has other options that would blend in more? She was looking for a vehicle to use and discard from the beginning IMO.
I don't doubt that there might have been a second car planned for longer term use. However, I don't see ANY reason that someone trying to escape from jail want to stand out at any time. That just doesn't make sense imo.

Last edited:
The spray paint is odd. Who buys green spray paint to go on the run? Maybe—and I mean maybbbeeee—a planner who thinks they can camouflage the car and hide the car in the woods when they abandon it??
She had enough money to have the car repaired and professionally painted before going on the run. Or she could have just purchased a different vehicle of a more typical color: white, black, gray, or silver. Still, they have the advantage of a good head start. Eventually, they'll need to restock supplies, wherever they are. Or they'll decide to go on the move. MOO

I definitely think she could believe that somehow CW has been misunderstood or unfairly sentenced or something. But I think there’s a lot of witnesses and evidence that point to her being pretty smart.
"A lot of witnesses and evidence that point to her being pretty smart" is a very vague response. Can you point to anything specific to back that up?

I don't doubt that there might have been a second car planned for longer term use. However, I don't see ANY reason that someone trying to escape from jail want to stand out at any time. That just doesn't make sense.
Sounds like the idea is that maybe she never rode in the car at all. Bought it and had it stored then dumped at the right moment.

Yes! The assumptions he makes as we go kill me! I don’t think VW risked 56 years of living a lawful life and going to all these extremes to stock up on cash only to put all her hopes on a thousand dollar orange vehicle with back end damage to get them to safety. This is a ruse.
I truly am on the side of LE and think they have an extremely dangerous job, trying to serve the public.

But...this sheriff. A know-nothing with apparently no awareness of what's going on right under his nose.

Next I expect him to say they fled to join the circus as trapeze artists.

Also agree that Vicky may be smart (or rather, cunning) but only in her field and on her turf. I think she's actually been troubled for awhile, who knows why, but I don't think she's "smart" in any other sense. Seething internally, looking for a change, maybe some excitement. Thinks he loves her. But no one "smart" would not think the consequences through to the end. She's not going to get what she wanted out of this, not over the long term.

Jmo

Last edited:
The more articles I go back to read, the smarter I think she is. People who liked her and people who didn’t like her both describe her as smart. She certainly found her window and got ahead of a national manhunt. The evidence says she’s smart. Wait til the truth comes out and I bet we will hear about a lot of other orchestration she did that will blow our minds.
Opinions vary of course but like I said, she knew the workings of the jail well and the rest seems to me people reading things into her actions that may or may not have been what she was thinking. For ex., that she cleverly chose a brightly colored car as a "decoy." Like I said, who would want ANY part of their escape to get notice. It seems more luck than anything to just get from pre-planned point A to pre-planned point B. I do not necessarily see any great skills there. My guess is she had a remote place arranged and they got there and that's it so far. However, I could be wrong and we shall see!

I would pay money to know whether it had engine issues or was just abandoned in working order.
Me, too. We know it was locked. Do we know if the keys were in it? Because if they were not, then nobody has tried to start the vehicle and drive it - that we know of. I am betting 'abandoned in working order', but either way it's a very odd place to leave a vehicle. MOO

I truly am on the side of LE and think they have an extremely dangerous job, trying to serve the public.

But...this sheriff. A know-nothing with apparently no awareness of what's going on right under his nose.

Next I expect him to say they fled to join the circus as trapeze artists.

Jmo
Yep, seems to me he's in hot water and scrambling lol.

Last edited:
Here's a link with interviews with county Dist Atty, Sheriff, former co-worker, inmate, etc... they knew Vicky. Maybe after watching it those with questions will have a better understanding of her and why some are surprised and some aren't about what is happening.

Last edited:
whoa whoa whoa, kindness matters!

Newbies on this thread, Websleuths strives to be an accurate, welcoming, and polite place.

Include links in your posts or explain why you're not including a link.

If another poster irritates you, scroll on past.

If another poster baits you, ignore -- don't know if we actually have Ignore now, but in the previous version you could set another poster to Ignore & never see another post from that person.

Kindness matters, accuracy matters.

Rudeness & rumors will earn you a time-out or even a ban.

Work within Terms of Service so we continue to have a thread!

jmho ymmv lrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member