Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, there have been a whole lot of escapes from the Lauderdale County Alabama Jail. This is just from a quick Google search that is by no means complete (not to be confused with the Lauderdale County Mississippi Jail or Lauderdale County Tennessee Jail):

Oct. 2011 escape

September 2012- FOUR inmates escape

June 2013 escape

October 2015- This guy escaped twice in three months

February 2017 escape

December 2017 escape
Earlier someone posted a lot of news articles about the state of Alabama jails and correction facilities too. Was abysmal.

Excellent synopsis of his crime timeline going back to 2010 & their meeting in 2020.

JMO

Exactly, and then there's the Kelsey Berreth case, where PF persuaded KK to drive hundreds of miles to help him clean up evidence. Criminals do some very strange things and we keep saying, "That doesn't make sense." I am not ruling anything out at this point. If they did/do have help, I just hope the investigators have an idea of who might be involved. Given only what we know so far, I don't think either of the pair are clever enough to avoid capture for very long. JMHO
Nah. The third party thing isn’t going to pan out. Not saying someone’s friend or cousin or something didn’t play a minor role. But IMO this thing isn’t being engineered by a third equally invested party or criminal network.

I think (MOO) the spray paint was an attempt to camouflage the car which I think they intended to keep, but for whatever reason, mechanical or otherwise, could not. If you wanted to hide a car like that you just drive it off a boat ramp in the middle of the night and hop into your new getaway vehicle.

Big question is how did they get out of that spot- there are not a lot of places to steal a car from where they dropped it off. Did they have two cars? Did they pay someone else to drive the car there?

If it's true that the SUV was found parked sideways in the road, blocking traffic, with the doors locked, then it seems likely to me that it may have been left that way to block or slow anyone who might try to chase them at the time, while they continued on, however that continuing on was done.

That's what I thought too. The tow truck was the last thing.
I’m thinking it’s all happening simultaneously. The car was reported to police. A tow truck is sent to remove it and an officer is sent to just make sure there’s no sign of anyone needing help or getting in an accident etc. They were probably both there at the same time.

Apparently, there have been a whole lot of escapes from the Lauderdale County Alabama Jail. This is just from a quick Google search that is by no means complete (not to be confused with the Lauderdale County Mississippi Jail or Lauderdale County Tennessee Jail):

Oct. 2011 escape

September 2012- FOUR inmates escape

June 2013 escape

October 2015- This guy escaped twice in three months

February 2017 escape

December 2017 escape

The history of escapes from the Lauderdale County Jail goes back decades:

- September 1963: four inmates at the Lauderdale County Jail descended from the second floor of the jail to freedom using a rope made out of sheets. The men had apparently sawed out a piece of sheet metal on the cell block and cut two bars out of a second-story window.

- July 1971: four men managed to escape from the Lauderdale County Jail by knocking a hole in the wall. It is unclear when the men were recaptured, although one of the escaped inmates, Terry Ray Taylor — who was later sentenced to three years for grand larceny, robbery, and concealing stolen property — escaped from the Draper Correctional Center in 1973.

- 1973: Four more inmates broke out of the jail after striking a guard serving coffee to one of the prisoners in the head. After the inmate who delivered the blow proceeded to use the guard’s keys to open all of the cell doors on the floor, three more prisoners joined in the escape. One of the four men, 18-year-old Jerry Wayne Fish, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of a service station attendant during an armed robbery and was later sentenced to life in prison plus ten years.

- May 1975: Charles Balentine, another inmate charged with first-degree murder, escaped from the jail with six other men in May 1975 using the exact same method as was used in the 1971 escape — cutting a hole in the wall and descending to the ground using a makeshift sheet rope. While four of the inmates were apprehended without incident within a matter of hours, Balentine managed to evade authorities for three days. When he was eventually located, officers found him inside a vehicle with a shotgun, though he also surrendered peacefully.

- September 1978: yet another accused murderer was able to escape from the jail. Jerry Pounders, who was being held on a first-degree murder charge, escaped alongside seven other inmates by ascending through a vent to the courthouse roof and climbing down a tree. Two of the inmates were recaptured the following day after they were found near Old Salem Church in Lauderdale County.

- February 1979: Jerry Pounders broke out of the jail again with three other men in the exact same manner.

- February 1990: Dale Ray Pounders attempted to escape in the early hours of the morning on February 13 by brandishing a pocket knife, but was evidently unsuccessful.

- October 1990: Dale Ray Pounders, along with inmate Donald Ralph Jones and death row inmate Tommy Lee Hamilton, who was in the county jail while appealing his sentence, grabbed a deputy’s gun and forced the deputy and a jail officer into the courthouse elevator before making their way to freedom. The trio was apprehended roughly ten minutes after the escape when they were spotted by Florence police deputies at a nearby pharmacy.

- November 2002: Jailers mistakenly released Robert Eric Williams, a 22-year-old man suspected in two attempted murder cases, in 2002. Police investigators speculated that the jail staff thought that investigators were finished with Williams after they returned him to his cell following questioning and released him. The mishap set off a month-long manhunt for the suspect, who had previously held a gun to an acquaintance’s head when he was released on bond the month prior on the first attempted murder charge. Unable to locate Williams, the Florence Police Department requested the assistance of the FBI in apprehending the fugitive. After an FBI agent based in Florence received a tip as to Williams’ whereabouts, local officers were able to locate and arrest Williams without incident.

- October 2012: Four men––Wesley Lee Gibson, Damien Lee Nix, Ricky Dewayne Lawson, and Robert Lee Brown––escaped by reportedly climbing through an air-conditioning duct to reach the roof of the jail before hopping a fence. Lawson’s father, Ernest Earl Lawson, lent his son, Brown, and Gibson his red truck to aid in their escape. He also provided them with money. Nix was arrested the following day inside a residence on East Limestone Street in Florence, according to Sheriff Willis. Gibson evidently managed to create more distance between himself and the facility––he was apprehended in a church in Navarre, FL, southeast of Pensacola. The red truck belonging to Lawson’s father was found in the parking lot of a nearby Wal-Mart.

- March 2015: Michael Prater, an inmate at the Lauderdale County Jail, was mistakenly released on March 19, 2015 due to a clerical error, prompting an internal investigation. He had been transferred to the jail from the Fountain Correctional Facility in Escambia County for sentencing on a felony escape charge, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison on March 13. Despite having been sentenced over a week ago, Singleton said at the time that the prisoner was allowed to leave the facility because to the deputy who let him go did not receive updated sentence information.

- April 2017: 43-year-old Christopher Wayne Kilpatrick––who had recently been indicted on charges of attempted murder of a police officer, first-degree theft of property, second-degree theft of property, and breaking and entering a motor vehicle––escaped from the county jail while he was awaiting trial. Despite the newly-installed razor wire fence surrounding the facility, Kilpatrick escaped in the exact same manner as Gibson, Nix, Lawson, and Brown back in 2012. According to Singleton, Kilpatrick crawled through a casing around a plumbing pipe and got onto the roof of the facility before climbing over the razor wire. He then proceeded to steal 2003 maroon Chrysler Town and Country van shortly after breaking out of the jail.

- December 2017: Kilpatrick escaped the facility once again using the same method he used back in April. Deputies in Macon County, GA responded to multiple reports of a vehicle driving erratically on December 18 in Red Boiling Springs. Officers attempted to get the driver to stop, but he sped up, almost sideswiping a patrol car before crashing into a ditch. Red Boiling Springs Police Chief Kevin Woodard directed the driver to exit the vehicle with his hands up, but the driver, who was later identified as Kilpatrick, began to reach behind the driver’s seat, at which point Woodard deployed his taser.

"Jennifer Carr says the orange SUV was sitting just beyond her front yard last Friday.

“I was just sitting at my desk in my office working and I heard a noisy truck and it sat idle for the longest time,” Carr says. “So I looked out the window a few times like “what’s going on?” I didn’t know.”

She says that the truck left. A few minutes later a sheriff’s car was parked in the same spot and she was confused about what was going on.

“I told my husband and he looked out and he could see a red SUV,” Carr explains."

BBM - Is the noisy truck that sat idle for the longest time the new ride?
Probably the tow truck.

I thought the tow truck guy towed the car by himself before it was ever reported….? The woman’s report about seeing the red SUV and the idling truck is incoherent.
I followed what she said just fine. She’s reporting what she heard. Even if the police checked out an abandoned car (which they are known to do), they weren’t even aware Casey was missing at that point so LE wouldn’t have raised an alarm. Cars are left all the time. It seemed run of the mill to them probably.

Ohh apparently someone reported the abandoned car, then police came, then towed. Got it.

Interestingly, nobody seems to know if the car broke down or not? So they definitely kept the keys. I don’t think the car broke down. It was definitely ditched. And I tend to think she chose orange on purpose as a decoy car, the more I think about it. MOO

Ohh apparently someone reported the abandoned car, then police came, then towed. Got it.

Interestingly, nobody seems to know if the car broke down or not? So they definitely kept the keys. I don’t think the car broke down. It was definitely ditched. And I tend to think she chose orange on purpose as a decoy car, the more I think about it.

I would pay money to know whether it had engine issues or was just abandoned in working order.

Here's the time line:
Call Received 13:50
Dispatched 13:52
Officer Arrived 14:15
Tow Truck Arrived 14:37
Completed 14.46

I personally disagree with the sheriff that it could just be broken down because it wasn’t hidden. What did they do, run on foot to a store that sold spray paint after it broke down? Crazy IMO. I think MOO it was planned. I hope the Sheriff is just saying that publicly to mislead and hide true info.

Here's the time line:
Call Received 13:50
Dispatched 13:52
Officer Arrived 14:15
Tow Truck Arrived 14:37
Completed 14.46

Exactly. Officer and tow truck were there at the same time. Neighbor lady probably heard the tow truck pulling up and backing up and hooking it up and driving it off and also saw the cop there. Sounds like the normal site of an abandoned vehicle.

Sorry so long! I'm not so sure about the reports about VW's high intelligence and upstanding character tbh.

I'm sure she knew what was going on at the jail she worked at and how to get around the obstacles there, but who wouldn't after all those years. After that, does it really take a genius to plan a place to hide out and get there. Maybe it mostly just takes a little luck.

Also, her job is one that frequently has to take just about anyone who would show up. It doesn't require much education, is low paying, horrible conditions, dangerous and with high turnover. It could be just showing up the longest and being somewhat agreeable and somewhat competent gets you employee of the year award sometimes at a place like that.

It seems to me much more likely that she had been skirting the rules for some time in this poorly run jail and was well liked because she let others do the same. I see that long slide into something this drastic before seeing her suddenly jumping off the deep end out of nowhere after many years of exemplary behavior. I wonder if she had other prison boyfriends before this guy and what else she's been involved in all along. Like she is more like an inmate than a guard, in other words. I'd think it would be easy to become corrupted in an environment like that.

Maybe she even believes in her convict boyfriend's innocence and thinks she's righteously saving him. One thing that occurred to me is that he's in for 75 years when he has NOT been convicted of any murders, if I recall correctly. IF that is correct, though he does seem to me a very dangerous individual who BELONGS behind bars, that still seems a heavy sentence for crimes that are less than murder.

MOO

Last edited:
Hello all, i live in the uk and in my limited experience of taking out large ish sums of money from the bank its a bit difficult. Maybe difficult too strong a word but depending on how much you have to order it and make an appointment and answer questions about the intended use for the money for anti money laundering regs and to satisfy them there's no criminal involvement or coercion involved. If it's very large amounts and you say you need it for deposit on house or expensive car they recommend bankers drafts or that its sent digitally for a footprint. Would VW therefore had to have kept relatively small amounts spread across many banks so she could get around this. Not sure how things go in the states. If it's maybe £10k here and £5k there across a couple of different banks etc you can keep saying to buy a car, home renovation or for holiday ready money and that would work here.

I personally disagree with the sheriff that it could just be broken down because it wasn’t hidden. What did they do, run on foot to a store that sold spray paint after it broke down? Crazy IMO. I think MOO it was planned. I hope the Sheriff is just saying that publicly to mislead and hide true info.
Yes! The assumptions he makes as we go kill me! I don’t think VW risked 56 years of living a lawful life and going to all these extremes to stock up on cash only to put all her hopes on a thousand dollar orange vehicle with back end damage to get them to safety. This is a ruse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal