Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The doors might have locked automatically, that is the way my SUV is programmed. I haven't gone in and changed the programming since I bought it.
Maybe. It was a 2007 though wasn’t it? I wouldn’t think it would have that programmed in. I mean, my car is a 2013 and it auto locks once you get above a certain mph but it doesn’t auto lock when parked. MOO

VM placed the home up for auction in February but it failed to meet minimum bid. Maybe had it sold then, this jailbreak would have occurred sooner?

Auction info & pics of the home can be found here:

A tanning bed is shown in one pic.
I noticed in the picture taken from the patio it shows the rear of a porch glider, a swimming pool and behind the pool a white or gray pickup truck. I wonder if that belongs to VW. I have not been able to find anything about her personal vehicle that she used when off duty.

I noticed in the picture taken from the patio it shows the rear of a porch glider, a swimming pool and behind the pool a white or gray pickup truck. I wonder if that belongs to VW. I have not been able to find anything about her personal vehicle that she used when off duty.
Good eye!

I suppose it could be hers but also could belong to the realtor/whoever was taking the photos. Worth LE looking into though, IMO!

What ever her own vehicle is, she must have driven it to work that morning and left it in her usual parking spot. Then left with him in the police vehicle never to return. So LE may even have noted that the car was still there and that added to why they were so late getting the word out that she and CW were missing.

The article never said that she saw the truck, it is her interpretation of what she heard that it was an idling truck. I wonder if they had their supplies and belongings loaded in another vehicle and the copper SUV was a "burner car", a good term introduced on this thread by another poster. I think it was a burner car, that's why she paid so little for it and didn't care about its condition, it was just to get them from point A to point B. JMO.
I can't get past point B being in a very rural location with little or no access to public transportation. I looked at the map on the Media, Maps, and Timeline thread and the only interesting thing nearby is a storage facility off I-65. Maybe she had stashed the other vehicle there? Maybe they chose that location partially in haste and partially because they wanted it to be towed. Like I posted upthread, I can't wait for more of the puzzle pieces to fall into place. JMHO

I think the spray paint idea is very stupid.

It's really difficult to spray paint a car well enough to make it look like real paint. It gets all over the lights and trim, or you don't get close enough to the trim and the rims of the underlying color clearly show through, unless you carefully mask it out with tape and paper. It even looks like the wheelwells are orange in the photo of the vehicle.

And green? Black, blue, or brown would have been a better choice.

There must be some hardware store that noticed a recent large purchase of dark green spray paint?
Could not agree more. Baffling.

What ever her own vehicle is, she must have driven it to work that morning and left it in her usual parking spot. Then left with him in the police vehicle never to return. So LE may even have noted that the car was still there and that added to why they were so late getting the word out that she and CW were missing.
Some people use police vehicles to travel back and forth to work as well. I don’t think any news outlets have mentioned if that trooper car was normally hers or if she was just using it for the “transport”…?

IF the reason they abandoned the SUV was because the paint didn't work out, and if they had a large stash of paint cans, I would assume they would leave those with the SUV. Or throw them into the brush. Not load them up along with their other gear into a new vehicle. In fact even if they only had one can of paint, why bring it with them?

Once the towed SUV was linked to this case, I can only hope that awareness triggered detailed inspection, including checking it out mechanically, going back to the location it was towed from and
searching the vicinity, etc. Including checking with ALL nearby houses to make sure everyone is ok and none of the houses that might be empty are being used as a hideout. We know at least the one closest neighbor has been interviewed, just hope they are thoroughly covering the rest of the vicinity for clues to where they went and in what vehicle.

MOO

ETA: oops this was in reply to @Herat

Yes!
One would expect to see proper follow-up, but I'm not holding my breath. It would be hard to keep a search of that scale under wraps; neighbors would talk or post pictures, news stations would do a live-spot. This stuff gets viewers.

They would have left the keys though, if they wanted it stolen. I also think they may have left the keys if the car was disabled. For some reason they kept the keys (or threw them in the woods) and locked the doors. MOO

How do we know they didn't leave the keys in the car in a different location from where it was found? Playing devil's advocate. MOO.

eta: changed word to they

If he wasn't the man mountain and dangerous dangerously crazy scary individual that he is one might wonder if he had no idea what she was doing and believed he was going to an evaluation. She is the one with the fire arm and the means. Say she became more infatuated with him than her her and he is still cuffed up and under her power etc. How likely would it be he would draw attention to himself given that he is out and knows he can definitely 'take her out' when he decides/opportunity arises.

What am I on about? ha. If this was the case and he had to escape her that would be utterly nuts.

Something like the film Misery.
You actually might be onto something here. He might have known she was into him but not THAT into him. Lol

"Chains" by Patty Loveless​

If you've ever loved a partner a lot more than they've loved you, then you can identify with this 1989 country song. Caught in a one-sided love affair, the protagonist finds that she's unable to leave her lover because she loves him too much. However, she also realizes that he doesn't return the intensity of her feelings:

Chains, chains, shackles and chains
No matter what it takes some day I'm gonna break these
Chains, chains, shackles and chains
These love taking, heart breaking, cold, hard, lonely making chains.

Source: 39 Songs About Going to Jail or Prison

MOO

The article never said that she saw the truck, it is her interpretation of what she heard that it was an idling truck. I wonder if they had their supplies and belongings loaded in another vehicle and the copper SUV was a "burner car", a good term introduced on this thread by another poster. I think it was a burner car, that's why she paid so little for it and didn't care about its condition, it was just to get them from point A to point B. JMO.

The article states her husband saw the SUV.

I don't think so, because it was reported that VW and CW tried to do the escape earlier that week and it didn't work, so they did it on Friday. I'll see if I can find the link. I wonder if the Kohl's shopping trip has been confirmed in MSM, or just a rumor, I haven't seen it in the news.

Gosh all, I really feel as if I'm missing something. Maybe I somehow messed up on threads read. They tried to escape earlier that week?

Off to go back and reread. Thanks, if you do find a link I'd love to read it.

How do we know they didn't leave the keys in the car in a different location from where it was found? Playing devil's advocate. MOO.

eta: changed word to they
Yeah they could have even tossed them in the woods. I just figured if they actually wanted the car stolen, like someone wondered, they would have left the keys. Might have been a good idea actually, to let someone steal the car lol. Ruin any evidence. Why didn’t they think of that?!

Gosh all, I really feel as if I'm missing something. Maybe I somehow messed up on threads read. They tried to escape earlier that week?

Off to go back and reread. Thanks, if you do find a link I'd love to read it.
I think Bessdrewtwo shared this a little while back. She seems to have a mind like a steel trap for remembering this stuff. Glad someone does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesrobert