GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that too. He saw something that shook him up inbetween the time he left home for milk and got home several hours later. He might not have done anything himself to the girls, but I have always believed that he inadvertently saw something he shouldn’t have that frightened him.

It is possible and Barrentine knew a lot of info not released by LE. One of the things he was able to do was correctly describe the clothing the girls were wearing. I think that at a minimum, he saw the girls that night. However, there is nothing that connects him to CM that night. So, who knows?

Yes, I find this interesting also. Barrentine was 28 at the time of the crime. I think CM was what? 25? Age doesn’t necessarily connect the two, but age groups do tend to associate.
Like you my friend, I think Barrentine sure knew a lot of what turned out to be facts. The only thing that kept him from being indicted was the dna forensics and his rambling, ever changing stories of the events of that evening.

Last edited:
When did CM submit his DNA for a paternity test around the time of the murders? I will be shocked if he actually killed them. Just my gut feeling is that there has been evidence tampering in this case. I have thought for a while now that one of the girls may have been intimate with him and someone didn't like that because of the age and racial differences. But I could be completely wrong. Just my opinion based on life experiences of my own

When did CM submit his DNA for a paternity test around the time of the murders? I will be shocked if he actually killed them. Just my gut feeling is that there has been evidence tampering in this case. I have thought for a while now that one of the girls may have been intimate with him and someone didn't like that because of the age and racial differences. But I could be completely wrong. Just my opinion based on life experiences of my own

"I will be shocked if he actually killed them." Who do you believe killed them if CM didn't?

"One of the girls may have been intimate with him"? He told investigators that he did not know either girl. Sorry, but the semen on and in JB tells a different story. If he comes back now and says he was intimate with one of them, he would either be lying when he was arrested or lying now.

Which evidence was tampered with? Numerous LE agencies were involved in the investigation, including the FBI., AL Bureau of Investigation, Ozark PD and others. Don't you think at least one of them would have known if the evidence was tampered with?

Not an open site. It is a login account. Otherwise I would. I will look for the next filing of interest and post a screenshot though.
The last filing was 9/15/2020. It was just a motion of continuance

Here is a link for the most current case detail sheet. It is in PDF format

Dropbox - McCraneyCaseDetail.pdf - Simplify your life
Thanks. Why does it say rape/sodomy. I didn’t see that in the autopsy report. Pls excuse my ignorance if I missed something.

If he knew JB, then he would have some explaining to do because he lied and said he didnt know either one of them. I thought about of every scenerio about this case. It would explain why they were around the area because he lived near by. My problem is, if he did in fact know JB then he would have to prove that he didn't kill them. Now how is he going to do that since his DNA was found and this happened 20 years ago. MOO Also, I don't know how it would possible that JB knew him unless they met a party or some other social gathering.

I will read the autopsy report and see if my opinion changes. If he lied about hooking up with one of them, then yes he's in trouble. But for all we know he may have been the type that hooked up with younger women. I'm not saying this is the situation, just saying its possible. The reason I asked about when he submitted the DNA sample around the time of the murders is because of the possibility of evidence tampering. I just can't shake my gut feeling about this. If he did sexually assault the victim, that is horrible but doesn't mean he killed anyone. I don't want to come across as victim shaming or anything like that. But I also think there is more to this case than any of us know. As disgusting as I think a lot of defense attorneys are, I think this case will not be prosecuted smoothly. Praying for everyone involved because this is a horrible situation

I am not saying that there was evidence tampering and he hooked up with one of them. I'm saying either he had hooked up with one of them OR it's possible his DNA was provided for paternity test and he happened to be the one who's DNA was used to replace someone else's. Just my opinion of what could have happened. He may have been the killed them, I'm just brainstorming

I will read the autopsy report and see if my opinion changes. If he lied about hooking up with one of them, then yes he's in trouble. But for all we know he may have been the type that hooked up with younger women. I'm not saying this is the situation, just saying its possible. The reason I asked about when he submitted the DNA sample around the time of the murders is because of the possibility of evidence tampering. I just can't shake my gut feeling about this. If he did sexually assault the victim, that is horrible but doesn't mean he killed anyone. I don't want to come across as victim shaming or anything like that. But I also think there is more to this case than any of us know. As disgusting as I think a lot of defense attorneys are, I think this case will not be prosecuted smoothly. Praying for everyone involved because this is a horrible situation

I agree that there is more to this case than we know. I have always thought that too. Yes, if he did sexually assault JB it doesn't mean that he killed her. But it does not make him look good either. He shows that he may be the last person to have seen her alive. Just sayin

I apologize for the multiple posts. But can someone please tell me the page numbers to look at specifically in the autopsy that refers to evidence of a sexual assault? Trying to read it now.

I apologize for the multiple posts. But can someone please tell me the page numbers to look at specifically in the autopsy that refers to evidence of a sexual assault? Trying to read it now.

I don't think they mention a sexual assault. But the other documents mention that the DNA was found on and in JB matched CM.

I agree that there is more to this case than we know. I have always thought that too. Yes, if he did sexually assault JB it doesn't mean that he killed her. But it does not make him look good either. He shows that he may be the last person to have seen her alive. Just sayin

It is possible that he had a consensual encounter with her and someone didn't like that and killed them. I find it strange that she was clothed after an assault and then killed. But I am just brainstorming

I don't think they mention a sexual assault. But the other documents mention that the DNA was found on and in JB matched CM.
So where is the rape/sodemy information coming from? Is there forensic evidence pointing to this or just based on her character?

So where is the rape/sodemy information coming from? Is there forensic evidence pointing to this or just based on her character?

He is charged with rape because he said he didn't know them. If he didn't know JB then its apparent that he raped her because his DNA was found. Now I don't understand the sodomy charge either. The autopsy reports do not say that either victim was raped.

"I will be shocked if he actually killed them." Who do you believe killed them if CM didn't?

"One of the girls may have been intimate with him"? He told investigators that he did not know either girl. Sorry, but the semen on and in JB tells a different story. If he comes back now and says he was intimate with one of them, he would either be lying when he was arrested or lying now.

Which evidence was tampered with? Numerous LE agencies were involved in the investigation, including the FBI., AL Bureau of Investigation, Ozark PD and others. Don't you think at least one of them would have known if the evidence was tampered with?
I'm trying to read the autopsy. I absolutely think there could have been evidence tampering. I also think it could be exactly how it looks. But I can't rule anything out

He is charged with rape because he said he didn't know them. If he didn't know JB then its apparent that he raped her because his DNA was found. Now I don't understand the sodomy charge either. The autopsy reports do not say that either victim was raped.
That makes sense. After I finish reading the autopsy, maybe I'll understand the sodemy charge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back