Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the POI's are involved - there was a specific timeframe to hand her off - if that vehicle was involved in the kidnapping (and they have some sort of proof) - then I would think video and cell phone pings would help find their path in the roughly 24 hours? JMO

I definitely think that’s likely, and part of the reason why I’m not a fan of that scenario.

This whole thing was sloppy, brazen, and reckless. To snatch a random child from a populated location, is absolutely idiotic.

To park the vehicle right outside your residence when everyone in Alabama is looking for it, fits perfectly with the abduction itself.

So I can’t imagine this guy doing those things, and having the sense to shut his phone off so it couldn’t be tracked.

That phone data should tell the story, but apparently doesn’t for some reason.

IF the POI's are involved - there was a specific timeframe to hand her off - if that vehicle was involved in the kidnapping (and they have some sort of proof) - then I would think video and cell phone pings would help find their path in the roughly 24 hours? JMO
Does anyone know what time the call to police about the POI car came in? appox. time she went missing was 8:30. I know she was reported missing sometime later. I am wondering if anyone at the condo remembers what time the POI got home with the car.

Poor little Cupcake.
I think it was preventable, which makes it worse.
Do we know why the cousin wasn't there for the drop off ?
Or what she was doing ?
The 11 year old was not old enough to be given that much responsibility; imo.
Sounds like the person hosting the party had tried to find the cousin, and bring Cupcake back to the cousin's apt.
This was not the party hosts' fault.

Frustrated with the adults who were accountable for her care.

The criminalist (?) Pat Brown weighed in on the Madeline McCann case and said typically perps who take toddlers don't keep them alive for very long--- as what perp wants a toddler for days or even weeks ?
Sorry this is depressing to say.
Hoping very much this is not the case for little Kamille.

Last edited:
They can monitor his phone and put a GPS monitor on his vehicle, if they can demonstrate to a judge that they have probable cause to do so.

If they have reason to believe this guy is involved, but can’t meet that burden, they can still follow him the old fashioned way.

Exactly and I have to wonder if LE purposely wanted to let him bail out with the hope he will lead them to a clue to her whereabouts.

This case is terribly sad and its people like her that makes some potential foster parents or parents looking to adopt begin to shy away from it.

In her other abduction case of her own kids from the Foster parents, can you imagine being the foster parents and the birth mother storms in with a gun demanding their kids.
Its enough to discourage future good people wanting to foster or adopt children in need. Very sad and I hope she gets prosecuted in her other case. We as a society cannot allow people like her to do that. :(

Exactly and I have to wonder if LE purposely wanted to let him bail out with the hope he will lead them to a clue to her whereabouts.

This case is terribly sad and its people like her that makes some potential foster parents or parents looking to adopt begin to shy away from it.

In her other abduction case of her own kids from the Foster parents, can you imagine being the foster parents and the birth mother storms in with a gun demanding their kids.
Its enough to discourage future good people wanting to foster or adopt children in need. Very sad and I hope she gets prosecuted in her other case. We as a society cannot allow people like her to do that. :(

That lady is a one woman crime wave.

True. But I’m not convinced these people exist in the first place.

Sadly, I completely agree with you. I think this was a ruse to throw LE’s focus in a particular direction - away from where it should be. Unfortunately, I think this case is going to be solved a lot closer to home. There is just something so off about this whole case. MOO

Yes brandishing a gun in front of her Children and abducting them while an abuse allegation is being investigated. Then crashing her car. She could have killed someone including her own Children. Mother of the Year!!!!! Not!

I’m wondering if they pinged the POIs phones over that first day or so after she went missing and that’s the tip they followed. Because if the POI had someone come to the complex to take her, their pings would remain at the apartment, making it appear that they never went anywhere with Cupcake. I also wonder if LE has checked out the possibility of the dad owing someone money and this being a ransom/retaliation situation.

The police are begging the kidnapper(s) to drop Cupcake off at a Safe Haven spot.

What if whoever has her doesn't have a means of transportation? Or has no way to get her out of wherever she is hidden without being seen? The heat is on, which is mostly good, but it could make it hard for anyone to get her to a Safe Haven spot without being noticed.

Just one of the thoughts that's worrying me...
I’ve read some about the safe haven and safe passage. “Think Safe Passage” was a direct message to Suspect. “Words don’t come from a vacuum” as a good buddy of mine always says. He’s right. Many of these safe passage locations are located in urban neighborhoods such as barber shops, beauty shops, nail salons, small local markets, laundromats, etc. places that do not draw a lot of attention. Out of the way neighborhoods off the beaten path. KWIM?

I'm surprised no reporter has dug into the birthday party, meaning interviewing the person who hosted it or talking to other guests. There's been nothing in msm, not even "so and so declined to be interviewed."

We don't know if the two POIs are connected to anyone from the party or anyone living at Tom Brown Village. Msm hasn't even reported anything more on the attempted luring with candy story that was released early on.

It's hard trying to connect the dots when there's no information on the initial circumstances. And by that I mean official information from LE or msm and not rumors that haven't been verified. MOO.
And, I would really like to know if any of the adult party goers knows the two in custody.

"If" Cupcake was simply transported to a secluded location for him to...…..he did have time to detail his vehicle of simply prints or hair. Speaking to crime not taking place in the vehicle. IMO
ETA- I believe these 2 were out "hunting"

I'm usually not with the whole gang retaliation scenarios since 'back in my day' (I'm 36) children were completely off limits in these type of situations.

But after the murder of Tyshawn Lee I know these new age gang members don't have the same "morals."
Thank you so much! I posted the thread a ways back and it attracted little interest. I was disappointed. Still am.

Okay, I think I found it. Start about 8 minutes in. :)

My summary/observations of the above video:

Ok, not sure if this video has the info I'm looking for but the video gives a good idea of what the neighborhood is like and what the neighbors are like. It starts out with a prayer circle praying for Cupcake to be found. The reporter is looking for people who knew Cupcake and the people didn't know her and looked reluctant to speak on camera but one lady does eventually agree. I liked what the neighbor lady said about how Cupcake is everyone's child and they are there to search even though they don't know her. I thought she had also given details about the party but I guess not, I must be thinking of something else.

After the neighbor interview there was some yelling in the background-- what was that about? It looked like possibly Cupcake's mom yelling "please don't come at me about where the *advertiser censored** I been..." but I'm not sure if that is the mom or someone else yelling/unrelated. She was walking with a police officer. The reporter says "Oops, sorry" and quickly pans away when the F-bomb is dropped. Could this be why no reporters are daring to ask about the situation at the party and when Cupcake was first noticed missing? Just an observation/theory. Tensions are running high.

The reporter was waiting around for an interview with Cupcake's dad. About midway through the video a firetruck with lights and sirens showed up. A firefighter with a medical bag walked towards the direction Cupcake's family had walked earlier. Then a paramedic showed up too. Did someone have a medical event? Maybe unrelated to Cupcake but I was thinking "this poor family". Even the neighbor who spoke earlier said she hadn't slept thinking about little Cupcake being missing. This type of situation causes enough stress to send someone to the hospital. The reporter also speculates that the paramedics were called due to someone experiencing stress. Reporter says no one left to go with the paramedics.

The dad finally does an interview about 37 minutes in. I have not seen this particular interview with him before. He's smoking a cigarette. Dad says "Right now, I aint got no more updates. She still missing. She couldn't be far. She in the surrounding area. Cause there enough man power. We got everything blocked off." He says, "Just bring my baby back home...like.. most important if you see her call me. You ain't gotta even call the police, just whatever. Just make sure she come back safe. Make sure Kamille come back. I just want my baby back." The look of pain on his face is heartbreaking IMO. Then he says again, "She not far. She not dead. She okay. We know..." Then he says again there are no updates, they are still searching.

IMHO, I think some people have taken dad making comments like the above (saying he knows she's alive and not far away) to mean he knows what happened to her. I see it as a father trying to hold out hope. Dad starts to lose it and say he "doesn't have the mind for this S*** right now" and the reporter quickly grabbed her mic and walked away. I felt so bad for him. I think he had done too many interviews and was too stressed out. I wish the reporter hadn't pushed to get her time with him. MOO.

At the very end the reporter gets the interview with mom that has been clipped and shown elsewhere. I think this is one of the few interview with Cupcake's mom. The woman is sobbing before the mic is clipped on her. Interestingly, someone else off camera view tells the mom to make sure she says in the interview "If anyone sees her say her name, Cupcake." And that's pretty much what Mom says and the quote that made headlines. Then mom loses it with her voice getting high and crying. I can't make out what she says. Something and then possibly "why you chose her?" Then mom loses it, pulls the mic and says "get this " off of me. Again stress is running high and I think that's why it's so brief of an interview. Everyone around her tells her to calm down and reporter pans away to a police officer standing by observing.

I do feel so bad for this family. I wish they would talk to the press more when ready. At the same time, I don't think that either mom or dad were ready or really wanting to do an interview when the reporter approached them for this fb live video.

MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members