Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady talking and sobbing was the mother - April Thomas - I think the lady on her right was HER mother, Cupcake’s GMa. Before mom starts talking to reporter, you can hear GMa telling the mom to remind people to just call the name Cupcake and she’ll come to you. Not her real name, Kamilla. MOO
Yeah, I think I saw that but I didn't know it was her mother. I thought it was another relative or friend. She didn't say much. I know one of Cupcake's Grandmas is petite with dyed blonde hair, maybe she is the paternal grandmother.
So I guess the woman in the video with Cupcake's mom is her maternal Grandmother?
There is also a great grandmother who spoke in a video.
Seems like a very big family.

"In Georgia, the GBI is the only agency that can actually issue an Amber Alert," blank says.

Here, that's known as a Levi's Call. Joshua Alford with the GBI's Eastman office says there's a lot that happens from the time a child is reported missing, to the moment they're found.

RELATED: What it takes to issue an Amber Alert

"An agent would be assigned to go through a checklist to make sure that the criteria has been met, to actually administer a Levi's Call," Alford says.

"If there's a known abduction, meaning there's a witness, or there's some way of video evidence that the child was physically abducted, taken against their will, or even lured into a vehicle by a stranger, then that would qualify as a Levi's Call," he says.

Authorities in Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia have aided in the search for Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney this week after her abduction from a birthday party in Alabama Saturday night.
What it takes to issue an Amber Alert
*ugh! Click on the related link. Do we have a thread? If not, would someone make one? Please.

Alabama News Network on Twitter
Please #share and #retweet! Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney has been missing since Saturday, October 12 since she was abducted at a birthday party in the Tom Brown Village housing community. A $25,000 reward is being offered for information assisting law enforcement in the search.
EHHBZUyWsAA0PWf.jpg
EHHBZ3HX0Ac0o-U.jpg

8:35 PM - 17 Oct 2019

CBS 42 on Twitter
THE SEARCH FOR CUPCAKE: Ribbons were placed around Birmingham in order to raise awareness for finding 3-year-old Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney.
WHAT WE KNOW NOW: http://bit.ly/2Bxtte5
EHHvbmCX0AA9LS0.jpg

EHHvbmEXkAAjVbl.jpg

EHHvbmBX0AI3nq1.jpg

8:35 PM - 17 Oct 2019

Omg that’s just heartbreaking. He’s broken. An 11 year old shouldn’t have to feel that burden imo

This has been bugging me all day. Someone posted a copy of this earlier today and my first thought was why would the family let this interview happen? He’s only 11. His face doesn’t need to be on TV. He’s been thru enough already. They should be sheltering him - NOT exposing him more and having him re-live it again. I don’t get it. I just don’t. Definitely just my angry opinion.

ABC 33/
Day 5 in search for Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney turns up empty
"A spokesperson for Birmingham police said many people want to volunteer, but investigators say that is not what they need right now.

We're told the best way you can help, right now, is by taking a long hard look at Kamille McKinney's picture and calling police immediately if you see her.

Retired FBI agent Jack Owens shared some insight, saying time is critical in an investigation like this one.

Owens said investigators will likely go back slowly through evidence that has been collected up to this point.

Crime Stoppers and Governor Ivey's office are offering a combined $25,000 reward.

They hope this will bring in new, credible information and lead investigators to Cupcake."

In a text exchange, her daughter replies with "Oh that's scary!" and went on to say, "I never filled out any child safety thing" and tells her mother to call police".

Homewood Police say the city doesn't allow anyone to solicit after dark, they have not been contacted by anyone with the Amber Alert system and neither of the organizations would go door to door asking for child information.

Extra patrols are out, and investigators are asking people to check their camera systems for images of the man.
Alabama police on the look out for man claiming to work for 'child safety check' company

In a text exchange, her daughter replies with "Oh that's scary!" and went on to say, "I never filled out any child safety thing" and tells her mother to call police".

Homewood Police say the city doesn't allow anyone to solicit after dark, they have not been contacted by anyone with the Amber Alert system and neither of the organizations would go door to door asking for child information.

Extra patrols are out, and investigators are asking people to check their camera systems for images of the man.
Alabama police on the look out for man claiming to work for 'child safety check' company
Wow! That is scary. :eek:

This has been bugging me all day. Someone posted a copy of this earlier today and my first thought was why would the family let this interview happen? He’s only 11. His face doesn’t need to be on TV. He’s been thru enough already. They should be sheltering him - NOT exposing him more and having him re-live it again. I don’t get it. I just don’t. Definitely just my angry opinion.

Is it possible they are trying to tug on the heartstrings of the abductor? Or a person in the community who has information?

Regardless, this child has already seen and heard enough.

JMO.

AT says he was with his 3-year-old sister, Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, the night she disappeared.
Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s brother misses his sister
Yes

Ugh. I wish they hadn't let him speak to the press. It says he's 11 but seems so much younger. And he winked while talking which both melted my heart for him and made me scared of what other people will say about that. He's just a kid! No one in the public should be over-analyzing an 11 year old's words and facial expressions while he talks about his missing sister. I hope he's not on social media reading everyone's comments about him and his family. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABC 33/
Day 5 in search for Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney turns up empty
"A spokesperson for Birmingham police said many people want to volunteer, but investigators say that is not what they need right now.

We're told the best way you can help, right now, is by taking a long hard look at Kamille McKinney's picture and calling police immediately if you see her."

Sounds like what they need is for someone to come forward with information or someone to crack under the pressure. JMO

Sounds like what they need is for someone to come forward with information or someone to crack under the pressure. JMO
Yes and maybe increasing the reward is their only way of ramping up the pressure. Claiming a nice chunk of money anonymously might start to appeal if there are more than one person involved, as they seem to think. Let's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry