Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
screen-shot-2019-10-18-at-12-08-22-pm-png.209688

The camera is on the NE corner of this green house next to Tom Brown village day care
The daycare should have cameras maybe facing the street.

But this is interesting BBM - close the loop on the third individual... - what 3rd individual? We have two little children playing one is Kamille according to a reporters question and answer to chief - man#1 who walks on by and man#2 who engages the children and leads them off out of camera range. Is the third individual someone else on another video and a slip?
He had me confused too. I kept waiting for him to explain .

I looked at the video again and yes they are picking things up before the video shows the first man goes thru.

JMO
Im still pretty convinced the 1st guy drops something (candy or coins) to make the children pick up even more. Because right after he walks by, then the kids are actively scrambling to pick things up in the area that he could have easily dropped or slightly tossed a handful.

I dont disagree that the children may have been picking up stuff before he walks by either but I do think they start picking up things the 1st guy drops.

It makes me wonder if maybe one of them or someone else may have deposited or tossed some of the same items even before we see this video today. Maybe we are not being shown what happened before we even saw this part today.

For example if earlier one of them had scattered some candy around and then came over to the girls wherever they were and told them, hey over there near that area there is lots of candy over there. It could have made them go to the area where they then approached them again. That could be why they were picking things up to begin with.

Or they may have been picking up small rocks or something and then their focus shifted to what Guy #1 threw down.

I think it was real subtle the way guy #1 drops the items as he walks by. I think he was purposely trying not to be noticed by anyone else in the area and he let guy #2 do the dirty work after guy #1 walks on by and lures them by dropping stuff.

JMO of course but Im still thinking Guy #1 was part of the whole thing and dropped things to setup the kids for Guy #2.

Last edited:
Their 100% wrong! There is no way that is within the complex.

I know this area and that video is taken from an adjacent street who’s back yard faces the back of one building in the complex. There is absolutely no area within the complex that correlates to that video angle never mind there are no garages or covered parking within Tom Brown.
What other building or parking lots are in the area where there might be a surveillance camera?

From this statement, it appears that the first one is not only “a man,” but he is “the man,” meaning PS.

"Through our investigation and through statements, we’ve pretty much been able to identify the children and the second gentleman,'' Smith said. “What we’re trying to do is close the loop on the third individual in the video who was the first one who walks by as the children are playing.”

Kamille McKinney abduction: Police release surveillance video from night of disappearance

ETA: Read that’s wrong obviously. I was referring to the second man, which is clearly not what you meant.
Oh thanks so much for confusing me, haha. I owe you one!

I thought the “3” might mean the two men and the other child, not Cupcake. Thereby meaning the 3 witnesses, not the victim. I am trying to catch up, was the other little one just left behind when he/they took Cupcake?

I’m about to pull my hair out and starting to doubt the actions of BPD. I know their is good reason to hold back information but they haven’t helped themselves by not releasing details that could be truly helpful. Furthermore, unless they have altered the video since I watched, why didn’t they adjust the speed so it properly reflected real time? Some people can be recognized by their gait but this video is in more then 100% speed and distorts the movement. Just that one little detail alone makes me question BPD. Now this public grid search in an urban area? That’s strange, no? Unless they are going to Avondale park, which is very busy but it’s the only area close that might need a lot of people.

Today’s PC was another mess. They didn’t roll out the information properly and if the reporters didn’t ask nobody would have known Cupcake was one of the kids! No, I’m sorry but It’s close to the FBI needing to take over. I originally thought BPD was hard on top of this but that confidence has eroded with the calamity’s. That massive show of force, begging the public, uninformative PC’s, etc. UGH....time to send in the first team, you scrubs need to hit the bench.

Just an observation. The two men in the video appear to be wearing bulky clothing-long sleeves and long pants. It was not cold in Birmingham on this particular night. Not sure if this has any significance.
MOO
I was wondering where you were @PommyMommy - so this is interesting that the article is saying man#1 is a POI? I thought they just wanted him for his help in what he may have seen......JMO
chief said everyone is a POI. He is a POI because he is wanted for questioning.

OCT 18, 2019
Kamille McKinney abduction: Police release surveillance video from night of disappearance
[...]

Birmingham police released the video Friday in the sixth day of the search for Kamille. The video shows two young children playing, one of them believed to be Kamille. One man walks by the children without stopping. A second man, who has a distinctive limp, comes along a short time later and the children leave with him.

[...]

Authorities say the video’s time stamp is incorrect but the video was indeed taken about the time of the kidnapping. They believe the first man is a witness and they would like to talk with him about what he may have seen. The second man, said Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith, is a suspect in the case. He declined to elaborate on if they have identified that man or located him.

"Through our investigation and through statements, we’ve pretty much been able to identify the children and the second gentleman,'' Smith said. “What we’re trying to do is close the loop on the third individual in the video who was the first one who walks by as the children are playing.”

"We want to see if he has additional information or if he saw something that night that may be critical in this investigation,'' the chief said. “Just a few minutes later, we received a report of our missing 3-year-old child, better known as Cupcake.”

[...]
I hadn’t noticed the limp but I think I see it now. Anyone know if POI Stallworth has a limp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member