Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, ok. I thought you were also referring to the suspect in the video. Although we don't know yet if that's the same person, it makes sense that it would be. I wonder why LE would not reveal that. I guess they have their reasons. Hopefully we will know more soon.
I just hope little Cupcake is found alive. It's driving me crazy not knowing and I can only imagine what the family is going through.

Imo
I agree I hope she is found soon. In the beginning my thoughts were that this was going to be easy especially after the quick arrests. I am devastated it has gone on for so long and no results. I am also very worried about the ending results.
I just watched the video again on HLN and the Chief said that the second man is the suspect. The first man they want to talk to because he may have more information.

Oh, ok. I thought you were also referring to the suspect in the video. Although we don't know yet if that's the same person, it makes sense that it would be. I wonder why LE would not reveal that. I guess they have their reasons. Hopefully we will know more soon.
I just hope little Cupcake is found alive. It's driving me crazy not knowing and I can only imagine what the family is going through.

Imo
I agree I hope she is found soon. In the beginning my thoughts were that this was going to be easy especially after the quick arrests. I am devastated it has gone on for so long and no results. I am also very worried about the ending results.
I just watched the video again on HLN and the Chief said that the second man is the suspect. The first man they want to talk to because he may have more information.

Copying over my summary from the last thread. No arrests, police released a video of a suspect/POI asking for help identifying --

Summary of the press conference:
  • Time stamp is 7:24 pm... Police chief says time stamp is 37 minutes off.
  • VIDEO: Kamille and another young girl can be seen playing in the background. Man #1 walks by past the children. Man #2 walks towards children, engages them, the two children follow him off-screen. Man #2 has been identified and is a suspect. They need the public's help identifying man #1 as they believe he may have information.
  • They do affirmatively believe the child in the video is Kamille and this is the last known location she is seen.
  • The other child has been identified. They have talked with several members of the community and the other child's mother.
  • Chief Smith said he only thought about 20 minutes of planning went into deciding to commit this crime and it was something "done impromptu."
  • Grid search is being conducted with citizens' help on Sunday. The area being searched is an area in Birmingham frequented by one of the POIs. The grid search is not being done until Sunday because K9s are currently searching, rain is expected tomorrow, they want to give time for the community to plan out their schedules to attend.
Thank You!!! I had to run buy a few thing before the storm hits.

I can't tell at all that they are in short sleeves personally. In the last photo taken of Cupcake from the day she went missing, she is wearing a green jacket.
According to Al.com
Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: 2 detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party“Kamille was wearing a pink t-shirt with a Minnie Mouse/leopard print design and leopard print shorts. She had in yellow, white and blue hair bows. Her shoes were found in the parking lot so police believe she is barefoot.”
Anyway, it probably makes no difference what the men were wearing.

Everytime I watch it I wonder if he is known to one of them - he sure got them to follow him quickly - maybe 12 seconds or so? IMO
I almost wonder if that could be the 11 year old running in the video with a friend before the truck scene. Boys could look big if wearing baggy pants and big hoodies which could be normal dress for night.

Last edited:
What playground? I thought she was taken from a parking lot? Or at least her shoes were found in the middle of a parking lot. MOO.
Yes, but I thought they said in earlier interviews that they were on a playground at the apartment complex before the kidnapping? The little ones seem far away from one, or even far away from older kids and adults.

Everytime I watch it I wonder if he is known to one of them - he sure got them to follow him quickly - maybe 12 seconds or so? IMO
I think so too. One of the first things her Dad said when asked to describe her "Well, she's not friendly" and he chuckled thinking about it. He said she was not the kind of child who would go to just anybody....

Noticing the CH5 at the top of video.

Just wondering of there is a church or other business with CH initials?

Trying to figure out where the cameras maybe.

Jmo
Model Compatibility and Channel Pairing | Shield Technology

I believe it is in reference to the DVR that records the CCTV - and this is why I think LE has more video they have not released yet. JMO
snipped
On a sixteen channel DVR, the pairs are as follows:
  • Pair one – CH1 & CH2
  • Pair two – CH3 & CH4
  • Pair three – CH5 & CH6

I have to wonder if they were taught anything at all about ‘stranger danger’, after all, they were left to play in a parking lot unsupervised. I doubt that it took much to lure them away.

Model Compatibility and Channel Pairing | Shield Technology

I believe it is in reference to the DVR that records the CCTV - and this is why I think LE has more video they have not released yet. JMO
snipped
On a sixteen channel DVR, the pairs are as follows:
  • Pair one – CH1 & CH2
  • Pair two – CH3 & CH4
  • Pair three – CH5 & CH6

Thanks so much!!!!!

My skill set does not include anything techy....can ya tell :)

BPD posted that the video was "recovered from a surveillance camera within the Tom Brown Housing complex"
and this makes me more sure there is additional video - the question is - what direction were the other cameras pointing and did anything else regarding Saturday night get captured that they haven't released? My guess is yes, and that's why man #2 is a suspect. JMO

OCT 18, 2019
Searching for Kamille McKinney: Police release video of suspect, person of interest & possibly missing toddler
[...]

Birmingham police released a video Friday morning that includes a suspect and a person of interest in the kidnapping of Kamille McKinney.

Police Chief Patrick Smith says the suspect has been identified as the second adult in the video, but police are asking for the public’s assistance with identifying the person of interest (the first adult in the video).

Chief Smith says police believe one of the children is Kamille McKinney. The second child will not be identified. He says Kamille was kidnapped in the area the video was captured.

[...]

Chief Smith said there will be a grid search Sunday and is asking for volunteers. The search will be where the person of interest frequented.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member