Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charges updated to Murder on DB's inmate detail

Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA

ETA: At posting - PS has not been updated.

Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA
Demographic Information
  • NameBROWN, DERICK IRISHA
  • Subject Number554978
  • Date of Birth09/28/1990
  • Age29
  • GenderFemale
  • RaceB
  • Height5' 6"
  • Weight180.0 lbs
  • AddressBIRMINGHAM, Alabama 35203
  • AliasesBROWN, DERICK, JACKSON, QUENTESA, JACKSON, QUENTESA E, JACKSON, QUENTESA EVON

10/15/2019 10:53 PM

Booking History
Booking 2019-00012306
  • Booking Date10/15/2019 7:36 PM
  • Release Date
  • Scheduled Release Date
  • Prisoner TypePretrial Inmate
  • ClassificationVP4
  • Housing FacilityJefferson County Jail - Birmingham
  • Total Bond AmountNo Bond
  • Total Bail Amount
  • Booking OriginBirmingham PD

CAPITAL MURDER - VICT UNDER AGE 14 10/12/2019 12:00 AM 201900208 Not applicable Committed
3 FAILURE TO APPEAR FELONY 10/15/2019 12:00 AM CC2019-0725 Committed
2 FAILURE TO APPEAR FELONY 10/15/2019 12:00 AM CC2019-0724 Committed
1 FAILURE TO APPEAR FELONY 10/15/2019 12:00 AM CC2019-0060 Committed

I really can’t emphasize this enough, no abduction charges? Isn’t an Amber Alert essentially for abducted children and yet no kidnapping charges against these 2 cretins? What is going on? There has to be soooooo much more to the story here. Something that might throw us all for a loop because I’m just stunned no kidnapping charges. I know murder trumps all but it would seem kidnapping is essential to the case yet no charges.

I really can’t emphasize this enough, no abduction charges? Isn’t an Amber Alert essentially for abducted children and yet no kidnapping charges against these 2 cretins? What is going on? There has to be soooooo much more to the story here. Something that might throw us all for a loop because I’m just stunned no kidnapping charges.

Yes, that is strange. Maybe that charge will be added? They certainly planned to charge him with kidnapping also.

Police say they plan to charge Patrick Stallworth and his girlfriend, Derick Brown, with kidnapping and capital murder.
Body of Kidnapped Girl, 3, Found in Dumpster

I really can’t emphasize this enough, no abduction charges? Isn’t an Amber Alert essentially for abducted children and yet no kidnapping charges against these 2 cretins? What is going on? There has to be soooooo much more to the story here. Something that might throw us all for a loop because I’m just stunned no kidnapping charges.
They can always add more charges. The most important charge is capital murder, as that has the harshest possible penalty.

Death.

It would be frustrating if they had only filed kidnapping charges first, but I don’t see how this is worth getting worked up over.

Hang tight. I too am wondering about the lack of kidnapping (and other potential charges).

It’s not uncommon to see additional charges added later, but I’m not sure why there aren’t kidnapping charges yet? I doubt anything it’s anything to do with “more to the story”, moo.

Hang tight. I too am wondering about the lack of kidnapping (and other potential charges).

It’s not uncommon to see additional charges added later, but I’m not sure why there isn’t kidnapping charges yet? I doubt anything it’s anything to do with “more to the story”, moo.
Capital Murder Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
Capital murder
is murder punishable as the most serious category of felony. It is punishable by death. Typically, it involves special circumstances, such as killing a police officer or firefighter while on duty, or committing a murder while committing another serious felony like rape or kidnapping.

Capital murder is murder punishable as the most serious category of felony. It is punishable by death. Typically, it involves special circumstances, such as killing a police officer or firefighter while on duty, or committing a murder while committing another serious felony like rape or kidnapping.

Ahhhh...good catch kkdj.

I wonder why they specifically mentioned filing kidnapping as a separate charge then earlier. Maybe they learned later that the above charge covers both?

Unfortunately, Emory Anthony is one of the best criminal defense lawyers in the state of Alabama. He is meticulous in his defense strategies if he finds one misquote he will immediately bring it up & say the person is untrustworthy. He has an excellent record of getting some of the worst criminals off or getting their charges pled down to nothing. He just did that recently & I will link the article below.
19-year-old pleads guilty to 3 Birmingham murders committed when he was 15
MOO

Emory Anthony filed a motion to withdraw yesterday.

Ahhhh...good catch kkdj.

I wonder why they specifically mentioned filing kidnapping as a separate charge then earlier. Maybe they learned later that the above charge covers both?
Because Kamille was under 14, that’s also grounds for capital punishment in Alabama.

I think that’s the reason that was cited for the capital murder charge, as opposed to the kidnapping.

So I dunno what the deal is, but I’m not concerned either way.

Interesting ... in your linked article it says (about his previous bail).

BBM: Only 10 percent of that bond - $50,000 - has to actually be posted and court records show six different people contributed to that effort.
AL.com reached several of those contributors and family members but they declined to comment. A motion filed in court Thursday shows those contributors no longer want to back his bail.

Also, the doormat pic is back in this article, with the caption "Patrick Stallworth was re-arrested during a search warrant at a home in Midfield on Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2019. Police blocked off the streets and raided the home."

Thank goodness they came to their senses.

Although the group only had to come up with $50,000, they had to prove they could cover the full $500,000 if PS absconded.

Basically putting up their property and other eligible securities, as collateral.

I know someone who was taken advantaged of and provided bail, then the criminal took off. That misled person, is now swimming up stream and barely keeping his ahead above the water.

Interesting ... in your linked article it says (about his previous bail).

BBM: Only 10 percent of that bond - $50,000 - has to actually be posted and court records show six different people contributed to that effort.
AL.com reached several of those contributors and family members but they declined to comment. A motion filed in court Thursday shows those contributors no longer want to back his bail.

Also, the doormat pic is back in this article, with the caption "Patrick Stallworth was re-arrested during a search warrant at a home in Midfield on Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2019. Police blocked off the streets and raided the home."

Lawyer bailing. Bailers bailing. Poor boy. Ahahaha.

DBM - when I clicked the notification to watch the Live transport video, they were walking a man out in restraints but he looked so different i was confused. must have been someone else, apologies!
After about 20 minutes, there were two men removed from vehicle and walked into the County Jail. I do not believe the black suspect was PS -- didn't meet height. I could be wrong but don't think so. MOO

Josh Gauntt on Twitter
Outside the Jefferson County jail waiting for police to bring Patrick Stallworth here. He and Derick Brown were both charged with capital murder in the death of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney #WBRC
EHrTs0XX0AI6rAg.jpg

6:21 PM - 24 Oct 2019

Just mentioned live on WBRC where reported spoke exclusively with Chief Smith with following quote:

“When appropriate, they plan to file additional charges if deemed necessary”

Chief also stated on camera “it’s my belief that we have the people responsible but as I mentioned we’re going to continue our investigation and if necessary, it shows additional people involved we’re going to bring them to justice”

Also, news put up a new mugshot of cretin brown. Looked the same to me but they said it was new.

Just mentioned live on WBRC where reported spoke exclusively with Chief Smith with following quote:

“When appropriate, they plan to file additional charges if deemed necessary”

Chief also stated on camera “it’s my belief that we have the people responsible but as I mentioned we’re going to continue our investigation and if necessary, it shows additional people involved we’re going to bring them to justice”

Also, news put up a new mugshot of cretin brown. Looked the same to me but they said it was new.

OMG he is still alluding to others!! :eek:

Holy moly.

He would have no reason to throw that sentence in at this moment, moo.

Hmmmmm.

This reeks of CP here still, moo.

OMG he is still alluding to others!! :eek:

Holy crap.

He would have no reason to throw that sentence in at this moment, moo.

Hmmmmm.

This reeks of CP here still, moo.
This is standard, as law enforcement doesn’t want to close the door too early.

This definitely doesn’t mean that additional charges (against others), are necessarily in the offing.

That’s not to say it’s not possible, as there could have been people who provided assistance after the fact for instance.

But this statement isn’t particularly telling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member