AL AL - Lisa Altimari-Wallace, 35, Eufaula, 27 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She lives in the NorthEast. She's fairly new to the area ... I suggested looking up which trees the ticks like and removing them from her property. I've never seen a bug like that before ... don't like the idea of them burrowing under the skin of the babies or the red poode. Do people routinely get fumigators in areas where there are ticks? Could the tick have been transported from another area?

Looks like a deer tick- I took one of my black lab's cheek this afternoon. Unfortunately, the stuff you run from nape to tail keeps their face a target.
We put stuff on the yard for ticks- but due to the palmetto bushes- they are almost impossible to eliminate. Someone may have brought her "friend" in on their pant leg, sock or shoelace. You would notice a tick that big on a baby long before it had a chance to burrow....

Oh my gosh.... You are so right...

and I am so slow!....:doh:

Do we know that it was the "best friend", or is the woman that spoke to Lisa on the phone late (her husband was in the bar until 2 AM) that night the same woman that is working with Lisa's mom ... looking into the disappearance?

What was the "best friend" and "new mommy" doing on the night of, and early morning after, the husband was in the bar until 2 AM? What does she know about the stuck truck at 2 AM and the husband's where abouts during the five hours between 8 AM and 1 PM ... when he supposedly returned home to find Lisa still packing (just like she was doing 5 hours earlier)? All of a sudden, after spending five hours packing four pair of shoes and some fancy dresses, she bounded out of the house, leaving her daughter behind.

That seems so absurd.

Do we know that it was the "best friend", or was the woman that spoke to Lisa on the phone late on the night that her husband was in the bar the same wmoan that is working with her mom and looking into the disappearance?

and another question I have to add to the list- did she have; 1. meds for the recent ear surgery, 2. a follow up appointment 3. stitches that would need to come out?

O/T

It looks like the tick is "full of blood". The best way to kill it is to burn it with a match. So if it is big, it must have been living on the dog and possibly fell off. Most dogs are treated with a flea and tick combo. Usually when they are found on humans it is around hair areas. I hate them and we have them here. I suppose you can spray your yard; I have treated mine for fleas before.

O/T I hope to never find one that big in my hair...OMG- thanks for that:
you can send breakfast my way after you get up & I'm still up combing through my hair :what:
ETA: Score- you gonna talk about lice next? I'll never sleep

I believe she worked on the Friday? So her employer and fellow employees would be the last person/people to have contact with her other than whomever she was talking to on the phone that night?

MOO

Thanks ... so she would have been dropped off at home at ... say ... 4:30 - 5 PM on Friday. At some point ... do we know when?? ... her husband went to the bar. Did he go there directly after work? How did Lisa feel about this? Did she think that he deserved a night out, or was she sad that he was not at home with his family? Was she concerned that he was seeing another woman and ... well, clearly he can't say that she was okay with this (although Scott Peterson did try to pull that one over on people).

... after 4:30-ish, October 26, 2012, can anyone, other than the "best friend", verify that Lisa was alive?

<rs>
... after 4:30-ish, October 26, 2012, can anyone, other than the "best friend", verify that Lisa was alive?

A friend of hers was at the bar her DH was at; called her that evening because she was worried.
( I believe what was posted was "a friend" not "best friend"... but ???

O/T

It looks like the tick is "full of blood". The best way to kill it is to burn it with a match. So if it is big, it must have been living on the dog and possibly fell off. Most dogs are treated with a flea and tick combo. Usually when they are found on humans it is around hair areas. I hate them and we have them here. I suppose you can spray your yard; I have treated mine for fleas before.

She said that it is in a ziploc bag and she is taking it to the hospital in the morning to have it tested for Lyme disease. She said that this is the second one she found, but that this was much worse ... something about the legs.

O/T I hope to never find one that big in my hair...OMG- thanks for that:
you can send breakfast my way after you get up & I'm still up combing through my hair :what:
ETA: Score- you gonna talk about lice next? I'll never sleep

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I won't do that to you, momrids6; but I do have some good stories....

She said that it is in a ziploc bag and she is taking it to the hospital in the morning to have it tested for Lyme disease. She said that this is the second one she found, but that this was much worse ... something about the legs.

good thinking on her part!

Did she find it inside the house?

If she has pets, she needs to check them closely.....

Now I'm itching....gonna' check my dog....they are usually gone though after we have a couple killing frost...

keep us posted, Otto

Now I'm itching....gonna' check my dog....they are usually gone though after we have a couple killing frost...

I hope none jump in your hair!:floorlaugh:
Maybe we need to find a thread to scan :)

and another question I have to add to the list- did she have; 1. meds for the recent ear surgery, 2. a follow up appointment 3. stitches that would need to come out?

It sounds like Lisa had some type of endoscopic surgery inserted behind the ear two weeks before she vanished, but I can't imagine that this had anything to do with her disappearance. If so, she should have been in the hospital and under the care of an astute physician ... who, if she was not under his/her care in the hospital, should have reported her disappearance as highly irregular. I did read, early in the thread, that she would have need hygiene products, but that none were taken. Wouldn't dissolvable stitches be used for something like endoscopic surgery?

I hope none jump in your hair!:floorlaugh:
Maybe we need to find a thread to scan :)

BBM

I know, let me know if you find a scanner thread that needs help. I was so bored the other night, I listened to my local scanner.

Where the heck is Lisa????

good thinking on her part!

Did she find it inside the house?

If she has pets, she needs to check them closely.....

keep us posted, Otto

O/T ... thanks for all the feedback about this bug ... she has a red standard poodle with a short clip and she thinks it came in on the dog. She said she found it on the down stairs in the house. She said that she found one on her 2 year old's head in the spring, but it looked nothing like this one. Thank goodness she's paying attention!

Male or female room mate? Stranger, or friend of one of the parents?

The roommate is a female and is a friend of Lisa's from South Alabama. There is someone trying now to register so she can tell us everything but we are having a hard time getting her registered. Apparently her email address is the problem??? If anyone has any tips on getting her verified please let me know

It sounds like Lisa had some type of endoscopic surgery inserted behind the ear two weeks before she vanished, but I can't imagine that this had anything to do with her disappearance. If so, she should have been in the hospital and under the care of an astute physician ... who, if she was not under his/her care in the hospital, should have reported her disappearance as highly irregular. I did read, early in the thread, that she would have need hygiene products, but that none were taken. Wouldn't dissolvable stitches be used for something like endoscopic surgery?

I do not think it has to do w/ her disappearance either. I am wondering if she took meds with her ( if she had any), did she miss dr. appointments-( again, if she had any). We do not know what type of ear surgery she had- only it was behind the ear. Here are a few options;
http://www.atlantaearclinic.com/surgeries.htm

The roommate is a female and is a friend of Lisa's from South Alabama. There is someone trying now to register so she can tell us everything but we are having a hard time getting her registered. Apparently her email address is the problem??? If anyone has any tips on getting her verified please let me know

I hope she is no longer living in the same place. If she is the only person that can speak to what preceded the disappearance ... what she was doing at the time, whether she heard anything before, during, after Lisa's disappearance, if she has any insight into where Lisa went and why it took her five hours to pack four pair of shoes and some fancy dresses ... she should really find another place to live?

Regarding e-mail addresses: there was a time when people signed up for multiple, random name, hotmail and yahoo email addresses ... and then signed up for multiple user accounts on a forum using those multiple hotmail addresses. That's obviously a problem ... so it seems like people need a ligitimate email address to register. Hotmail, yahoo and other "random" emails don't really work. I don't know if gmail works, but it might.

I do not think it has to do w/ her disappearance either. I am wondering if she took meds with her ( if she had any), did she miss dr. appointments-( again, if she had any). We do not know what type of ear surgery she had- only it was behind the ear. Here are a few options;
http://www.atlantaearclinic.com/surgeries.htm

If she had brain surgery a year ago, and had some sort of surgery behind the ear two weeks ago, I'm assuming that it was endoscopic surgery related to the brain surgery ... or possibly she had a secondary condition related to the dye that is used to light up the brain. I doubt that it had anything to do with her ear. I'm still wondering what type of tumor she had ... was it the localized type that can be scooped out, or was it the spider type that eventually constricts the brain.

O/T ... thanks for all the feedback about this bug ... she has a red standard poodle with a short clip and she thinks it came in on the dog. She said she found it on the down stairs in the house. She said that she found one on her 2 year old's head in the spring, but it looked nothing like this one. Thank goodness she's paying attention!

O/T - The vet told me to watch for the following signs - weakness in the back legs, labored breathing (with a very pronounced exhale), and difficulty drinking water/eating/swallowing. I believe if her dog doesn't start showing any of these symptoms within the next few hours he should be fine. :)

Thank you so much ... I forwarded the link to her. She said something about the legs ... she searched it on the net ... then woke up everyone in the house to check them for ticks ... in the middle of the night. I also forwarded her the symptoms to watch for in her poodle ... many thanks.

If it has Lyme disease, I'll post an update with the region.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18
Back