GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been so sickened by this crime that I have not posted on this thread until now. I have stated my opinion many times on WS concerning what I consider the appropriate penalty for the abuse and murder of helpless children. I'll state it one more time: Peope who commit atrocious crimes against children, such as abuse and/or torture and/or murder of children should receive a mandatory death sentence and that sentence should be carried out immediately.:furious:

I've been so sickened by this crime that I have not posted on this thread until now. I have stated my opinion many times on WS concerning what I consider the appropriate penalty for the abuse and murder of helpless children. I'll state it one more time: Peope who commit atrocious crimes against children, such as abuse and/or torture and/or murder of children should receive a mandatory death sentence and that sentence should be carried out immediately.:furious:

I agree. Tomorrow works for me.

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight after reading those allegations.
I can't stop crying. I can't stop thinking about it, picturing it.
He was a BABY. I can't imagine somebody doing that to an adult, but a BABY who's just learning how to stand/walk etc.

I feel so helpless. I want to scream. I want to throw up. This post took me a long time to write. I keep thinking I want to say something else, but I know there is really nothing I can say.

No sign of the birth mother of these kids? That is really strange...his parents must know who she is?

Yes, they know who she is. She's been interviewed, along with her husband, in the MSM. Go back a page or two and you'll find a link. Apparently they divorced and he took the children because she didn't have anywhere to live, or wasn't able to look after them, if I recall correctly.

What in the name of God possesses a person to perform the prolonged torture of a child!? Can one lock a little girl inside of a suitcase and then go on about her day? Does one really go to bed and sleep knowing his little boy will spend the night standing in a corner bound, gagged and blindfolded? Can that actually occur? Well, I guess we know the answer but never, if I live to be 120, will I ever comprehend the mindset of that kind of soulless beast. May they rot and suffer each and every day for the rest of their pathetic lives.

I knew that step mom was evil by looking at her picture. That poor baby boy. What is it with people these day? I dont understand how they lack compassion and are so cruel.

I dont understand how her parents do not know this about her. IMO They do know she lacks a certain care for anyone else. Empathy doesnt just dissapear suddenly. I think they came forward now from fear of her own child. After all was good and gone and not going back for trouble.

MOBILE, Alabama - There are haunting questions surrounding the deaths of Chase and Natalie DeBlase.
Could they have been saved?
And how?
Since their deaths, Mobile Police have interviewed people who knew the children and arrived at a shocking conclusion.
Officer Christopher Levy with the Mobile Police Department said, "We see this whole incident as preventable."

(snip)

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/could-they-have-been-saved/1203175/Dec-08-2010_9-24-pm/

I think whoever knew these kids were being beat (beat not spanked), need to go to jail if they didn't report it!!!!!!

Thanks.. i wish i could read it.. but i just cannot... this case has sooo broken my heart :( :(
I didn't know these kids, but i feel like i'll never be the same ever again...

by The Associated Press
Published: Thu, December 09, 2010 - 10:00 am CST
Court documents detail the abuse suffered by Natalie and Chase DeBlase before police say their dad and stepmom killed them. Chase's remains were found yesterday dumped near Vancleave, Mississippi.

MOBILE, Alabama - Arrest warrants for an Alabama man charged with murdering and dumping his two children's bodies say he allowed their stepmother to bind them with duct tape for hours and shove
socks in their mouths.

The warrants say the abuse led to their deaths, though authorities haven't yet determined how they were killed.

John DeBlase was charged with murder on Wednesday after police found remains believed to be his 3-year-old son Chase in Mississippi. The 5-year-old girl's remains haven't been found.

The warrants say DeBlase allowed the children's stepmother, Heather Leavell-Keaton, to bind the girl and leave her in a suitcase for about 14 hours. The warrants say Leavell-Keaton bound the boy and made him stand in a corner while they went to bed.
http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...d-in-a-suitcase/1203189/Dec-09-2010_10-00-am/

Such depravity...what in the world is making people so violent and violent towards their own children...These murders scream for the DP..those poor children endured such torture...JMHO

I'm so sad to read this, even as we make arrangements for our 18 month old grand-daughter and my Stepdaughter to come up and visit us this year. It will be our first time seeing our grand-daughter. They are from the same area as these little ones, and my heart hurts for them.

Why would a parent do this? I understand frustration, being poor, being upset with perhaps cranky children. But do the RIGHT thing, seek respite-call a friend or family member, let them know if you're overwhelmed. If you have a drug problem, seek help!!!! I see parents who do this every day-realize they need to change, and make the change!

I want to be a part of changing this. I'm not sure how...someone said we're at war with our children. I believe it's because children are having children. In this case, a parent couldn't handle it. He was young, and for whatever reason, changed from what looked like a loving father into someone who allowed this abuse to happen, and particpated in it.

Those kids look so sweet. How could anyone do this? Why? How could this sort of torture-which sounds like the kind of thing that goes on in other places with poltical prisoners, how could this be done to an innocent child? What could a little one have done to warrent that sort of abuse? What? spilled ice cream on the carpet, used a bad word? WHY???

I think anyone who can't prove they have the money to support a child, a job, an education, emotional and mental stability, a good 'back up' support person or persons, they should not be allowed to keep their babies if they choose to get pregnant. I know this sounds extreme, and it is. However, this seems to happen with people who shouldn't have been allowed to breed in the first place.

My prayers are with the family today of these little ones, and all who loved them.

:frown:

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/12/stepmother_of_two_missing_chil.html

Stepmother of DeBlase children being transported back to Mobile, officials say

A woman being held in Louisville on charges in connection with the disappearance of two young children will be back in Mobile on Sunday, investigators said.

The Mobile County Sheriff's Office hired a private service to pick up Leavell-Keaton, 22, and bring her back to Mobile, a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

I know we all knew this was inevitable -- but I can't help but cry to think of little Chase's body dumped on the side of the road in a garbage bag, left for the animals. :cry:

I hope the perps get locked up never to see the light of day again.

Around 11 a.m. Thursday, the Jackson County coroner's office released the boy's remains back to Mobile authorities.

"At this time, their forensic investigators will review the remains. I am not able to comment on what our examiners were able to discover, " said Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus.

She also said since the remains had been in the woods for so long, determining a cause of death would be challenging in any situation.

"All of the pieces were not in one place Wednesday, so we have to do what we can to make a final determination," said Broadus.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/possible-deblase-remains-transferred-to-mobile

I had a feeling this case wouldn't end well, but I had no idea it would end THIS badly.

What the hell is wrong with some people in this world??? The kinds of behavior that some people find to be appropriate are absolutely appalling. These are CHILDREN. They can't defend themselves. :( It just makes me sick, sad, and feel helpless.

These monsters need to suffer the exact torture they put these babies through, then the death penalty! The death penalty is too easy sometimes! Also adding time with the general prison population would make me happy.

I suspect the children were malnourished and dehydrated.

I'm sure there's more revelations to come and it will get worse!

I can't even comment on the torture. Appalling. I know it's a cliche to say the children are in a better place, but they really are. I'd prefer they be alive, but not in the culture of indifference that surrounded them.

Those pictures are disconcerting. They look like any collection of random family photos. I was looking for something shocking, but all I saw was a cluttered house, Natalie asleep on a bed without sheets, medicine that should have been kept up and away, and little parenting foibles like juice in a baby bottle. He looked happy and comfortable around his clildren. I was struck by how they seemed almost unable to get a smile on camera. The kids looked a little pale and out of it. I'd like to know if the mother is particularly fair-skinned. It could contribute to the sickly look these babies had. Of course, I'm practically albino and my children never have those blue circles under their eyes unless they're super tired/sick. And that's just my little redhead.

The blog comments are always full of stuff like "If they didn't want the children, they could have given them to me!" That doesn't apply to sadism and torture. They did this because they wanted to and probably liked it. Call it folie a deux, or whatever else, but if it was about ridding themselves of the responsibility, they would have pressured the bio mom or have given these little punkins a more passive death. I can't even imagine the horror they went through. Suffocating slowly, alone, in the dark. They didn't even have the solace of being together.

I hope they get the DP and I hope Alabama or Mississippi or whoever gets jurisdiction does it fast. Thank goodness it happened in the deep south. Less screwing around when you have a constituency that has no problem with the DP or its expedited application.

I agree that the stories just continue to become more horrific. No penalty is appropriate for justice for these children.Too bad LE can not alternate doing the same things to the sperm donor and step mother, that they did to the children. To see how they like it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back