Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's her job to check what's in the gun. And clearly she didn't do that, since if she did, live bullet wouldn't have been in the gun given to Baldwin.
Absolutely. But my post said nothing about checking the gun. I was responding to the a post
about live ammo being on the set. IMO there never should have been live ammo on the set to end up in the gun.

"“During the course of filming, Hannah advised she handed the gun to Alec Baldwin a couple times, and also handed it to (assistant director) David Halls,” the affidavit says. When asked by an investigator “about live ammo on set, Hannah responded no live ammo is ever kept on set.”"
‘Rust’ armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed claims no live ammo is ever kept on the movie’s set, affidavit says (yahoo.com)

Thank you. It's important to read the exact words. Obviously, she may be lying about this, but we don't know that yet.

If a surgeon was handed the wrong tool or it was sterilized or whatever, then whoever hired the people who were assisting would have liability.

Two of the 5 production companies in this debacle go right back to Alec Baldwin; 3 others are tiny, independent filmmakers who just wanted their name on this production and probably ponied up some funds.

Who, in fact, was the producer who hired HG and the AD?

And if it's true, as her wikipedia says, Halyna was an activist and was organizing the strike about working conditions on the set, how convenient that she ends up dead. Since her husband is employed by one of the West Coast's most powerful law firms, a firm that specializes in liability and financial instruments for very large corporations (with worldwide branches), he certainly has a good pool of attorneys to counsel him on whether there could be something other than a wrongful death suit in this case. One of the crew has already hired an attorney and looks to be aiming at an intentional infliction of emotional distress suit. If it's true that this fiasco is covered by a mere $6M in liability, and that at least 2 of the production companies who owned this mess have deeper pockets than the others, it would not be unheard of for the producers to be sued for various torts. Even if the suits eventually fail, those production companies may have long months or years in court - and it will be expensive.
Well, it has already been hinted that they might go bankrupt.
How convenient!
Sorry, Im broke, let the insurance company pay! With all the lawsuits looming this company might also go bankrupt.

Surprised she ever got another job after this

The armorer allegedly failed to follow basic firearm safety protocols, including the announcement of weapon usage on set. During one particular incident, Brumbaugh said that Cage yelled at her for failing to announce the usage of a weapon for the second time in three days. “Make an announcement, you just blew my ******* eardrums out!” Cage reportedly said before walking off set. Brumbaugh said that after the incident, he told the assistant director that Gutierrez-Reed “needs to be let go.”
‘Rust’ Armorer Allegedly Made Nicolas Cage Storm Off Set After Firing Gun Without Warning

"Rust" the movie was trying to do it really cheep. Experienced armorers likely turned the job down. It doesn't appear that she really knew what she was doing, in addition to not being careful. A dangerous combination. Then there was an AD who based on what has been reported, didn't really care that much about safety, and who admits he didn't check the gun properly prior to giving it to Baldwin.

In this case, understanding that according to some/most, that AB didn't perform any safety checks personally himself, but relied on the AD and prop master to do it, ...wouldn't it still be expected that he
should KNOW that the gun handed to him is very capable of firing a live round? What exactly did the term COLD gun mean? Does it mean Fake? Does it mean not loaded with anything? I get the trust your co-workers part...but only so far

And, specifically, in this case...what if any information about this weapon did AB know of, prior to ( days before?/ the deadly accident? Was it his first time handling this weapon?

Thank you. It's important to read the exact words. Obviously, she may be lying about this, but we don't know that yet.
Actually, those are not her exact words. The Affidavit was written by a police officer who indicates the 'gist' of her words. He is not transcribing her exact words in quotation marks.

In this case, understanding that according to some/most, that AB didn't perform any safety checks personally himself, but relied on the AD and prop master to do it, ...wouldn't it still be expected that he
should KNOW that the gun handed to him is very capable of firing a live round? What exactly did the term COLD gun mean? Does it mean Fake? Does it mean not loaded with anything? I get the trust your co-workers part...but only so far

And, specifically, in this case...what if any information about this weapon did AB know of, prior to ( days before?/ the deadly accident? Was it his first time handling this weapon?
Would you ask that question of every actor who ever appeared in a scene that required them to appear to shoot off a real gun, both in rehearsal and on film/video/live stage?

For example, would you expect an actress like Meryl Streep to be a personal expert on the gun she might be expected to use in a movie?

My son attended an event at the Flynn Center in Burlington, Vermont in 2018 when Alec was there for Ben and Jerry’s
He got the tickets free from a friend of his good thing because those tickets were an arm and a leg for people to pay.

Alec Baldwin spotted with family in New England town

Alec Baldwin has been spotted lying low with his family in a quiet New England town — after the cops investigating the actor’s deadly on-set shooting said they were “not exactly sure” where he is.

Photos posted by TMZ early Thursday seem to confirm the 63-year-old actor has left New Mexico, where he accidentally killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins last week with a prop gun while rehearsing a shooting scene for his movie “Rust.”

Baldwin was spotted on Sunday in Manchester Center, a small town in southern Vermont, the photos show.
More at link

Would you ask that question of every actor who ever appeared in a scene that required them to appear to shoot off a real gun, both in rehearsal and on film/video/live stage?

For example, would you expect an actress like Meryl Streep to be a personal expert on the gun she might be expected to use in a movie?

Now? After this hideous accident? Probably I would ask. As I imagine many actors are asking themselves about now. Not asking for expertise knowledge either...just your basic Gun Safety knowledge.

If she was ignorant of the fact that at least one live round was present, then IMO her ignorance was criminally negligent. As the saying goes, she had ONE job.

RSBM

I don't think that's the legal principle.

An individual's responsibility cannot extend to knowing what other people are deliberately concealing.

For example, a school is not responsible if a student walks in with a gun and starts shooting people. The parent is not responsible if their child acquired the weapon secretly. Police are not responsible if they did not know it was going to happen...

Now? After this hideous accident? Probably I would ask. As I imagine many actors are asking themselves about now. Not asking for expertise knowledge either...just your basic Gun Safety knowledge.
I wonder if a lot of actors will now refuse to work with guns, real or prop, and insist on CGI. I would.

There is an interesting link in this article that goes to the FB page of a cinematographer that can't be posted here. The post and the comments from professionals on the post are well worth reading, but can't be discussed here unless they make it to MSM.

Alec Baldwin has long lived at the center of a storm. Now comes a hurricane

AB is going to regret that he hired or approved the people in question. As a producer that isn’t going to be respected among the those with stellar credentials. Cast and crew shortcuts obviously have the potential to affect others.

Overlooking important details for the sake of cheaper production from someone with his experience is a lack of sound judgment in my opinion.

Secondary to that is his awareness of those details and not taking any actions to avoid the previous mishaps actively on this set. It would seem that would be of even more paramount importance to avoid any problems.

His actions are not criminal by law but nonetheless questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@