All Kyron Horman Searches

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is such a sad story you linked to...

i agree with what you're saying about it being possible that he could be somewhere no one has thought to look that could be quite small...but what, or who, would he be hiding from on what seemed to be such a happy, special day for him?

I honestly do not think this is what happened, but I feel that odd places in and near the school should be searched. Children, and even seasoned soldiers, do odd things that are sometimes hard to understand. Solving a mystery requires keeping an open mind to every possibility. I just want Kyron home. He needs to be found.

Michelle Sigona on HLN just said no physical searches were going on today.

Michelle Sigona on HLN just said no physical searches were going on today.

I wonder if she is really in the know? Is she the gal from Seattle?

Something is a cookin' I think with what we have already learned today and then I just read there will be a presser roday? I can not find where I read that :banghead::banghead:

I hope it all means LE is close to announcing either more info or action in the case.

I share your opinion about "close to home"...and I have always felt that if TH did do something to Kyron that he's close to home. I'm more inclined to believe that a moment of rage turned into a fatal moment and I just feel that there wasn't enough time to plan out where to dispose of Kyron on a split second. Afterward tho' (if the SI pings are accurate), I do believe she may have drove out there to get temporarily away from where whatever happened did happen.

Let's hope the family statement is one that helps bring Kyron home soon...

I admit that I think the final resolution of this case is going to hit close to home. However.... I can't help but think of other cases where someone was missing, and they were found close to the point they were reported missing. For instance, Jon Lacina - missing Iowa State college student from 1/22/2010. Found three months latter on April 14th, 2010 "in an "isolated room" of an old Dairy Pavilion about a mile south of central campus, just outside of the initial search area." People from everywhere were looking for him. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/16/jon-lacina-body-found_n_540407.html

Then there is the 2007 case of Robert Hornbeck that will always haunt me. He was a U.S. Army soldier who went missing after a night of partying in Savannah, GA. His family was there to celebrate his soon-to-be release from the Army. About two weeks later, his body was found inside an air-conditioning unit inside the Hilton he was staying at. He was a soldier that had survived Iraq and yet, he climbed up a remote staircase into a tiny opening that was so small it required special teams to remove the body. He bled to death after being injured by the blades of the airconditioning equipment. http://parisparfait.typepad.com/paris_parfait/2006/05/the_mystery_a_r.html

Point being - people can do strange things and sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. My gut tells me LE is pretty sure what happened to Kyron, and they are getting their act together before taking action. At the same time - I keep an open mind to everything, and I would suggest looking in places that you would initially think to be ridiculous places for a small child to be.

I wonder if she is really in the know? Is she the gal from Seattle?

Something is a cookin' I think with what we have already learned today and then I just read there will be a presser roday? I can not find where I read that :banghead::banghead:

I hope it all means LE is close to announcing either more info or action in the case.

I believe from Washington DC. I find her very accurate, she started out on AMW.

http://www.michellesigona.com/about/

I think unless a credible tip comes in they do not know where else to look.

Thank you.There are MANY places to look.They need to go further than they did each way of the school with cadaver dogs and I personally feel all up and down NW Brooks rd.

I read somewhere, don't remember where, on some astrology thread that he is somewhere that has been searched. And after viewing pics sleuthers have provided, I think that is very possible. Overgrown fields, old buildings etc.

Thank you. I agree with Kimster wholeheartedly. We wondered several threads back whether or not LE has publically opened Kyron's disappearence to private SAR teams, the public, etc. I have not found that in the media anywhere- if anyone else has, please post a link?

For people reading SAR blogs (or other blogs) and whatnot- please keep in mind that anyone has "the right" to walk about on public property with a dog or two and say they are looking for a missing person. They also have the right to charge for services if family or friends are willing to pay. It's no different than accepting help from a psychic, or paying a psychic to search for your missing loved one. Some are well meaning, some are not. IMO, the reason why LE should be the ones to make the call about searches, is to both protect the integrity of the case AND to protect families/loved ones during very vulnerable times from the people who may take advantage of them.

There is the reason why the dogs used in the searches dictated by LE in this case are certified, and their handlers and teams are certified as well. While it is certainly possible for an individual or private organization to become SAR certified in different disciplines and at different levels, affiliation is there for a purpose: to protect those who are vulnerable to people who may not have the best of intentions.

Hope this is okay to post here- my opinion only.

are the searches still active or are they only searching when tips are received?

on the SIsland place - is this a body of water? like a lake or what its it exactly?

on the SIsland place - is this a body of water? like a lake or what its it exactly?

Here's satellite access to it. I'm showing you the Pumpkin Patch in the middle of the window. This is where the media quoted TH as saying she took her kids there for Halloween one time. It's common. I take my kids to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins also. Hope this gives you some visibility into it. It is a populated island between two rivers. There are some small bodies of water on the island. In some places, like near the farm market, you can switch to Google Street view to actually "be there".

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sauvie+island+oregon&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.089062,93.076172&ie=UTF8&hq=sauvie+island+oregon&split=1&hnear=&ll=45.642368,-122.789469&spn=0.017132,0.045447&t=h&z=15

It's been shown that mothers who kill tend to place the child in an area "close to home." I wonder if it is any different if the child is not biologically yours?

Has anyone heard of any searches for Kyron going on today?

Do we know for sure a search is taking place? But just not where?

The Black Hawk just came toward Portland, flying in from north along the river (Sauvie etc is all north from my location).

Is the Black Hawk checking other places besides Sauvie Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee