All things Meter Reader UPDATE: No Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nature called you to do more than just relieve yourself; you are a hero in my eyes. I hope this message finds you emotionally and spiritually well as I can only imagine that finding these remains shook you up.

Thank you SO much for reporting what your found.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, GOD BLESS YOU, I know it has to be the hardest thing to have seen what you had to see. I'm just so thankful it wasn't a child from the school. You are a HERO! And you'll be in my heart along with everyone else who has gave their time and energy looking for our sweet Caylee. Now we can lay our baby girl to rest.

Cocoamom - Oh, thank you, thank you! I was beginning to think I was crazy and started a major rumor. I nearly fell on the floor when I heard his last name was the same as "Zanny".

Psychics totally derserve a nod if his name is Jermaine.

THANK YOU MR. METER MAN. You are a big hero to us in all of this and helped bring Caylee home.

anyone found out his name yet??? I'm dying to know. Of course, if he is determined to NOT be eligible for the reward, we have our own Websleuth ideas don't we?

After all, we donated tons of money a dollar at a time to TES, to food and drink for the searchers, etc right??? We should be able to come up with something for the guy....

I sure hope he holds out for the big $$ for interviews later from all the shows (NG, Today, etc - you know - all the shows the A's made THEIR money from)!!!

How sad...You should get an award! My prayers go out to you. It must be very hard for you to go through finding a little baby.

No Reward For Meter Reader Who Found Skull
Monday, December 15, 2008 – updated: 6:18 pm EST December 15, 2008

<snipped>
That phone call makes the meter reader ineligible for a $5,000 Crimeline reward. To collect the reward, you have to call Crimeline first before you call 911.

"You have to initiate a tip with Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS," explained Detective Barb Bergin, Crimeline. "We don't have enough money to pay rewards to everyone who calls 911."

Bergin encourages people to call 911 if there is an emergency, but Crimeline calls are answered 24 hours a day.

VIDEO REPORT: No Crimeline Reward For Meter Reader
http://www.wftv.com/video/18285136/index.html

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It was a meter reader who found the remains that could be Caylee Anthony. He's having a tough time and does not want to talk with the media and he is so disturbed by what he found his bosses have given him some time off of work.

When the Orange County meter reader discovered a skull in the woods not too far from Caylee Anthony's home his supervisor called 911.

That phone call makes the meter reader ineligible for a $5,000 Crimeline reward. To collect the reward, you have to call Crimeline first before you call 911.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html

Video Report
http://www.wftv.com/video/18285136/index.html

Oh jeez!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of......well you can see where I'm going with this!!!!

Sheesh, seems everyone finds some way to wiggle out of paying the reward. What a shame.

This is stupid. So they don't have enough money to hand out to everyone who calls 911. But what about the one or two people who call 911 who have the right tip!!

Geez....if I found a body, I'd call 911 within about 2 seconds, not call my friends to help me remember what the darn crimeline phone # was!

in the article, it says LP will give him areward of between $5,000 & $10,000 once it confirmed as Caylee.

LP-Please keep your word! Thsi poor man deserves much more for his part in solving this, and for the trauma he's been through as yet another of KC's victims...

Can I add............. A) how was he supposed to know that???? And B) OMG who wouldn't directly call 911???? Crazy!!! SO wrong.

This is so infuriating! The man didn't read all the rules before the call was placed, oops sorry. I thought in an emergency 911 is the first call one is supposed to call. OMG this pizzes me off. Someone does the right thing for a change and then is punished for doing the right thing but when the A's do everything WRONG somehow they are endlessly rewarded like nights and meals at THE Ritz WTF?

in the article, it says LP will give him areward of between $5,000 & $10,000 once it confirmed as Caylee.

LP-Please keep your word! Thsi poor man deserves much more for his part in solving this, and for the trauma he's been through as yet another of KC's victims...

Oh good!!! Yes, LP!! PLEASE keep your word on this!!!!

OMG! They are really something. I hope LP keeps his word for this guy.

I feel there are exceptions to rules and in this case, there certainly SHOULD be an exception! And who's to say the man would have even taken the money? At least they could have offered it to him! I'm glad that LP is stepping up with his offer and I'm sure he is good for it too. What a guy eh? I wonder if this meter reader even got a thank you?

This is just wrong! Had this man not found her it may have been months before she was found. Most everyone would call 911 over a crime line! Good grief - give the man the $$.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser
Back