All things Prince William & Kate Middleton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA. What should we be getting back to anyway? The news using death as entertainment and frightening everyone with their depressing stories?

I'd rather be swept away in something wonderful in the news for a change.

Congrats to the lovely couple. Now, will Duchess Kate keep with the 200 year old tradition and have a child the first year of marriage?:D

Here is a link to an interview where William talks about their plans for children.

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....lliam-and-kate-middleton/video/2011/01/26/106

Dr. Alvarez recommends they start trying to conceive their first child in May 2012, a year after their wedding which is what William said.

William and Kate Ideal Age to Have Children

William-Kate, Wedding Prince William and Kate Middleton seize the attention of many people worldwide, including among obstetricians. William and Kate get married at the age considered ideal, so it is not advisable to delay pregnancy. The couple together 29 years of age, even though the new William 29 years old next June. Hackensack University of obstetrician, Dr. Many Alvarez assess the ideal age for Kate and William to soon have children.

“This is the ideal time to have baby, especially if they plan to have children more than one child,” said Dr. Manny Alvarez, who is also Adjunct Professor of Obstetrics and Giecologi at New York University School of Medicine in New York City.

According to Dr. Alvarez has a child may be scary for newlyweds, but for couples who have been dating for years though. But medically, Dr. Alvarez suggested to Kate soon have children.

Why Kate should soon have children?

“For a woman, aged 26 to 33 years is the peak period of fertility. After 35 years of age, women tend to experience more complications with the hormone and ovulation, resulting in an increased risk associated with fertility,” says Dr. Alvarez.

According to Dr. Alvarez, there are a number of variables that contribute to the decline in female fertility after the age of 35 years, is as follows:

1.Decrease in the number of eggs.
2.Impairment of health eggs.
3.Decrease in cervical fluid.
4.The existence of the development of other medical conditions associated with age, as ndometriosis, high blood pressure or diabetes, which can interfere with conception.
In addition, more Dr. Alvarez, a woman in the fertile years has a certain probability when the first pregnancy miscarried, and the risk will increase with increasing age.

From the groom, the number and quality of sperm as well as Prince William is currently being evaluated at the optimal point. Later if it is over the age of 35 years, the number and quality of sperm a man will be reduced dramatically which is about 50 percent.

Another reason for Kate and William to soon have a child is, at a young age they have not been too much to think of financial problems and domestic conflicts. Various studies, the stress caused these problems can also reduce fertility.

“Not to mention there are other factors associated with stress, which can also affect fertility. This includes financial stress, career and relationships. Of course, I do not think that this couple (William-Kate) is concerned with some problems,” said Dr. Alvarez.

Considering the various factors described above, Dr Alvares assess no reason for them to delay pregnancy. If there are no problems with the reproductive system, predicts Dr. Alvarez recommends that once the couple soon had its slowest month of May 2012.

http://www.zimbio.com/Kate+Middleton/articles/cn1ubNRr7yz/William+Kate+Ideal+Age+Children

What is Williams last name? Everyone I ask doesn't know.

William Arthur Philip Louis is his given name. Royals do not have a surname. While in school and as part of the military he uses "Wales" as his surname (as does Prince Harry).

well it just goes to show ya, one person's vulgar is another person's high fashion statement! :D

Google IMAGE results - search: Princess Beatrice hats. :heart: the butterfly hat. lol!

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&h...1&q=princess+beatrice+hats&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

And for Princess Eugenie hats: (hate the green plate! lol!)

http://www.google.com/search?q=prin...h&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=960&bih=609

I have a feeling that the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie love their cousin Wills and would never dress rudely or in poor taste on purpose for his wedding. They are just your typical stylin' Royals.

I imagine the Royals are still pizzed at Fergie for charging $700,000 US to arrange a meeting between a gent and her Royal ex (who supports her financially still).

They'll get over it eventually. Shame on Fergie, who should know better. I believe she's apologized, IIRC

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20387587,00.html

bolded by me.

That is so right! I guess I just didn't like the blue dress--it might have been from a high-fashion house but it looked garish to me. Added to the eye makeup and hats, they just looked too campy to me (even though Eugenie's dress was understated). It seemed like they could look prettier if they were a little more subtle....Possibly I'm so old I'm out of the loop and overreacted. LOL

William Arthur Philip Louis is his given name. Royals do not have a surname. While in school and as part of the military he uses "Wales" as his surname (as does Prince Harry).

I thought his full name was William Windsor LOL

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/TheRoyalFamilyname/Overview.aspx

Royals don't use a surname usually (I didn't know that interesting what you learn each day!) and the above article gives their surname.

At a meeting of the Privy Council on 17 July 1917, George V declared that 'all descendants in the male line of Queen Victoria, who are subjects of these realms, other than female descendants who marry or who have married, shall bear the name of Windsor'.

in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor.

That's a dignified name Mountbatten-Windsor.

I didn't say she didn't leave "anything" to William.

You said she left her wealth to Harry. That sounded as if you meant she left all her money and worldly goods to Harry.

Their surname is Windsor, it's the house of Windsor.

Oh, you misunderstood. I loved the dress, it was beautiful. One poster noticed the same thing about it I did though. The top of it was "off". It was either the deep v cut, or no straps, but it made it look sort of incomplete. Just a minor observation. It was still stunning and beautiful.
Lindabride.JPG

I haven't watched the wedding coverage yet, however, looking at the pic's the bride was absolutely stunning...Wills as handsome as the Prince that he is.

I don't think I have ever seen Posh smile. I really don't see what is posh about her at all....and how on earth did they get an invite??

The hats are bizzare. Beatrice brought to mind a Sea Monkey.

sea-monkey-family.jpg

No Fergie?

I assume they got a invited to the wedding because both David and William was involved in the England bid to get the next World Cup here and they travelled all over the world doing this and got fairly close.

Posh is called Spice because when she was in the Spice Girls each girl was given a name ie Baby Posh Scary Sporty and Ginger. Posh was just deemed to be the posh one out of them.

Respectfully snipped.

I agree, the top of the dress was "off". Not the lace, the top silk part.

Beautiful wedding, way over blown, but just beautiful. I really don't understand the whole British Monarchy thing, so I am sure some of it was lost on me.

I hope the young couple maintain their happiness and striving for humbleness and humanitarian efforts.

One very naughty observation on my part. Since I really have never heard of these people before, and the whole thing was quite surreal, the sisters, I think Beatrice and Eugenia are the names, IDK, immediately brought the following image to mind. (I apologize if this offends anyone, it is not meant to, just an observation.) Their outfits did not suit them or the occasion, and they stumbled out of the auto without the grace of the other guests. It was comical and surreal. The outfits did not display what are lovely young ladies otherwise. I hope they did not pay a fortune for those.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demot...rs-cinde-demotivational-poster-1248784022.jpg

In fairness the wedding wasnt overblown or at least not compared to normal Royal Weddings. For eg it wasnt a State Occassion like Dianas. I do agree that Beatrice and Eugenies outfits werent the best :) As for not understanding the whole Monarchy part...i can say as a English person..i would rather have the Monarchy than have for eg a Prime Minister or President as being the head of the whole country :)

Definitely no Fergie... she is all but dead to the monarchy, ever since the big money scandal she got caught up in.

Yea well..maybe Andrew should be dead to the Monarchy too then and for that matter Charles..the Queens own sons get involved in enough scandal without worrying about Fergies.

JMO

Prince Charles has said he will not abdicate; with the lifespan of this family, if he lives as long as his mother, Prince William will likely be in his forties before he becomes king, which is still young compared to his dad. The Queen just turned 85 last week and looks fairly game still.

I have a soft spot for Diana, and she certainly made a place for herself in the world for her way with the less fortunate. Kate has a lot to live up to, and will have to make her own way, but I don't think Diana will ever be forgotten. Whatever her detractors would say about her, her feelings and emotions were very close to the surface and you could see how she cared about the people she helped. I think Kate (Catherine...) will be very different and perhaps work more with William on his charities, unlike how separate Diana and Charles were, for obvious reasons.

On a more important note...the gown was stunning and just right. But she is way too skinny...and wasn't always this thin. Hope she only did that for today.

Kate has announced she wants to be a normal RAF wife for the next two years and not do any engagements on her own which in all honesty isnt going to do her well. For most of the time shes been with William shes not really worked and now shes married shes still not going to do anything and already a lot think shes lazy etc and so this is gonna make people think this even more.

You think Posh is bad? just wait until you get Cheryl Cole "the nation's sweetheart" (not) judging the X Factor, she makes VB look like an intellectual heavyweight. Ms Cole has a conviction for assault and no talent whatsoever.
royal_bridesmaid.jpg

The little girl, Grace Van Cutsem, I have discovered, does not have a genetic disorder. I love the picture of the kiss with her scowling lol. She was in a ornery mood...

Lol Horsie :) After the last series of X Factor i dont think Cheryl is that popular here anymore...and her being a judge on the American one with Simon...good luck to the U,S with her there gonna need it.

BBM. Just to clarify, the Queen does not choose her successor, the succession is decided by an Act of Parliament and it would take another Act of Parliament to cut Charles out of the succession. Never gonna happen. You already made the distinction between Elizabeth the Queen and Elizabeth the mom so there is no reason to believe that Charles the Prince of Wales wouldn't make a perfectly good King no matter how flawed in his private life Charles the person might have been, Fact is, it's easy to 'demonise' him for the whole Diana fiasco but that would never have happened had Charles been allowed, like his son has, to marry for love, no matter how 'unsuitable' his choice's background or lineage. He and the Royal Family have come a long way in the last 30 years, to wit the marriage of William to a girl with no royal blood or connections.

The role is of the monarch is pretty much symbolic, the Royal family being living embodiments of that symbolism but they have no real political power and anymore, to me, it is more and more meaningless. The subjects of the British Crown can't have it both ways, if you have a constitutional monarchy you don't get to choose your Head of State, ie it's not a popularity contest, so, we either abolish the whole institution and become a republic or we suck the occasional 'unpopular' monarch up.

Whilst Charles may well make an awesome King the fact of the matter is many do not and will not accept Camilla as the Queen. We was told that shd would never be Queen..that she would be the Consort and yet NOW its been discussed more and more that in fact she probably will be the Queen. I personally think that Charles shouldnt be the Supreme head of the Church with his history..and i do think for the good of the Royal family here that William and Kate would be better as King and Queen. Your right its not a popularity contest but there are already a lot who dont want the Royal family and IF Camilla is made Queen then i truly believe there will be far more Anti Royals.

Did anyone else notice that Mohammed Al-Fayed was there. They only showed him twice that I saw and only mentioned him once.

I haven't watched the wedding coverage yet, however, looking at the pic's the bride was absolutely stunning...Wills as handsome as the Prince that he is.

I don't think I have ever seen Posh smile. I really don't see what is posh about her at all....and how on earth did they get an invite?? The hats are bizzare. Beatrice brought to mind a Sea Monkey.

sea-monkey-family.jpg

No Fergie?

BBM

I heard the reason why the Beckham's were invited to the Royal Wedding was because David Beckham and Prince William have been involved in the same charity events for years and have become friends.

Did anyone else notice that Mohammed Al-Fayed was there. They only showed him twice that I saw and only mentioned him once.

To be honest hes the LAST person i thought would be there.

bolded by me.

That is so right! I guess I just didn't like the blue dress--it might have been from a high-fashion house but it looked garish to me. Added to the eye makeup and hats, they just looked too campy to me (even though Eugenie's dress was understated). It seemed like they could look prettier if they were a little more subtle....Possibly I'm so old I'm out of the loop and overreacted. LOL

Sorry to have to quote myself but it was too late to edit: that was Beatrice, not Eugenie, in the taupe or beige outfit, which was understated IMO--except for the hat!!

I think that was just someone who looked like him. Here's an article from last week where Al-Fayed said he believed William wanted him to attend the wedding but the royal family didn't want him there--

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/27705437/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back