**all things zfg lawsuit merged **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what I get from this if kc answers questions to the civil case she then has locked herself in to a defense for the dp case.

That's correct. Essentially she'd be "forced to testify".

This judge is a drama queen....this has created more troubling issues for him....violins playing....

zg att - at the end of the day is the law - defense hasn't cited cases that apply

Mitnick bringing up case law again...I think case law will win (Hope?)

is civil an avenue for information on the dp case that was not available otherwise is what the atty and judge are agreeing on

This judge is a drama queen....this has created more troubling issues for him....violins playing....

I can't stand how he keeps interrupting the lawyers. He's making them lose their train of thought.

zg att - best they can come up with is the interrogatories so he proposes there was only one they were going to compel which is whether the lady in the picture is her & he disagrees that answering that one will not open the door for being compelled to answer others

Mitnick says they will only compel the "is this ZFG" question, so that would end the argument that her answering the questions would provide forced testimony.

zg att - citing appeals case regarding lengths of time limitations & 9 months

zg att reading an appeals court opinion calling a 9 month stay a gross abuse

Judge - all this has created more troubling issues for me
court is duty bound to do it's own research

ZG attorney - is civil case an avenue for information not available in criminal case? at end of the day they (KC's attorney's) are only ones advocating that avenue to stay is the interrogatories
talking about how KC has taken 5th in DP case and it is ok in Civil Case

5th district court of appeals - something about lengths of time and limitations/9 months...comes a time when a stay becomes unreasonable under all circumstances
can not indefinitely put off a case

Supreme court ruled in "all" civil cases they have a right to go forward in a reasonable period of time and 9 months was too long - wonder why judge keeps wanting to know who was on the court when the case law they are citing was issued.

Thanks for all the *play by plays* everyone!

W/O sound ... whoa is me LOL

I can't stand how he keeps interrupting the lawyers. He's making them lose their train of thought.

Well he's just so pompous and full of himself he's making me crazy! He's lovin the limelight...........and I'm getting nutso listening to him.:rolleyes:

Yup - agreed. He also brings up matters that haven't been brought up by the attorneys......a lot of judges don't do that because they realize that sometimes there is a specific reason NOT to bring an issue up in court.....

zg att - seems concerned that if an extension is granted now for x amount of time then they will come into court again and again for additional extensions

Judge saying "I haven't decided whether to stay the case or not"

did i hear right , that the judge says it will take a month to rule on this motion?

zg att keeps pushing that gross abuse of discretion on the case that was extended by 9 months & that the appeals court is indicating that all cases should be less than 9 mos & judge disputes it applies to all cases

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back