Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These survivors are amazing! Love their spirit and courage...

I am not only surprised at, but am amazingly proud of how Michelle has blossomed since leaving captivity. Most of us thought she would be the most "damaged" and the least likely to have a public profile. But she has already proven to be a powerful voice for the missing and abused, and an inspirational advocate for healing through faith. I think she has a truly bright future and will use her life to impact millions of people. Perhaps because she had it the hardest in that house, she has the most to live for out here.

I am not only surprised at, but am amazingly proud of how Michelle has blossomed since leaving captivity. Most of us thought she would be the most "damaged" and the least likely to have a public profile. But she has already proven to be a powerful voice for the missing and abused, and an inspirational advocate for healing through faith. I think she has a truly bright future and will use her life to impact millions of people. Perhaps because she had it the hardest in that house, she has the most to live for out in the real world.

I was told by someone very dear to me "I was in deep depression about what was wrong in my life, until I looked at those around me that needed me. When he started helping those around him, my problems did not seem so bad."

I think this is what we are seeing in Michelle, I just pray there are those around her to protect her from being used

I am not only surprised at, but am amazingly proud of how Michelle has blossomed since leaving captivity. Most of us thought she would be the most "damaged" and the least likely to have a public profile. But she has already proven to be a powerful voice for the missing and abused, and an inspirational advocate for healing through faith. I think she has a truly bright future and will use her life to impact millions of people. Perhaps because she had it the hardest in that house, she has the most to live for out in the real world.

I was told by someone very dear to me "I was in deep depression about what was wrong in my life, until I looked at those around me that needed me. When he started helping those around him, my problems did not seem so bad."

I think this is what we are seeing in Michelle, I just pray there are those around her to protect her from being used

The girls were offered the 22,000 that was found in ariel castro's washing machine, and they said no, give it to the neighborhood where they were found.
Yeah---- I guessed they wouldn't take it...for one thing consider the source of the $.. .....

They thanked their family, close friends and all the people that helped them through the Courage Fund & such, that's the $ and assistance they've accepted with obvious gratitude; From the people who care about their well being and wanted to help.

CLEVELAND — A house used to hold three young Cleveland women captive for a decade was destroyed Wednesday.
By tearing down Ariel Castro’s home, it’s one less reminder of the pain and abuse that went on for so long.
Removing it will also clear a spot for a positive asset in the community, such as a garden.
How the land will be used will be determined by the survivors and neighbors in time.
Michelle Knight, one of the survivors, returned to the neighborhood to pass out yellow balloons.

http://fox8.com/2013/08/07/castros-home-to-be-destroyed-wednesday/

I've had a lot of problems with this story.
I've tried to verify the accounts of how the "escape" occured.
The first article I read said a neighbor heard one of them calling for help
and then busted out the bottom of a screen door.

This seemed implausible to me. For several obvious reasons.
Now, I have questions about this also. Who did the house belong to?
Who had rights to tear it down? Was it not also already a condemned property along with the two on the west side of it?

I read investigations into this case on another site that raised many questions and oddities about it. Not the least of which were credible reports that the body of Amanda Berry had been identified several years ago in Wisconsin. I never saw any missing posters or original stories for Michelle.
Was her case followed on Websleuths?

Not really sure where to start--have you seen Amanda Berry's photos from before and after the abduction? Couldn't be any more obvious it's the same girl as in the missing flier, down to the eyebrow piercing.

Are you suggesting they all stayed with him willingly? Even when they were too young to give consent? Or if I'm misunderstanding, tell us your theory.

Eyebrow piercing?
I have a lot of questions, that's all.

For a home to be demolished and condemned, it's usually been in the works for some time. I wondered about staging this incident in a house scheduled for demo.

In the original story I read, she suddenly decides to call for help after a decade or more for some of them? And when her rescuer arrives he has merely to knock out the bottom of a screen door to release her? That's weird.

I don't see how anyone who lived nearby could miss there were more than one person living there when they had free range of the house quite a bit.
Or how he managed to bring in food and clothing for these women and the child?
How the brothers were dismissed out of hand early on when an investigation had scarcely been underway? Or how they might have missed the extras living there?

For women to give birth at home or suffer miscarriages, with nary a peep is strange.
I found the photos to have been tampered with in or by the media.

Then there was the mixup with Amanda Berry and another girl missing in Wisconsin and Amanda was the one the investigators thought the body found was of. After a year, I am not sure if they ever positively id as someone else. I have to wonder that the other girl Kayla's family did not ever notice that Amanda Berry's picture was used for years on the missing website. Just really weird.

http://amandaberry.net/

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/ ... 94931.html

Then there is the quick recovery from such a traumatic ordeal. Certainly explanable if this is a media hype story as more than a few are.
You have to understand their role in being legally able to invent the news.

Does it seem plausible and likely that three women could be held captive by a screen door?

Then lastly there's this oddity. A movie screenplay that was based on a true story and finally released earlier this year, although it was filmed a few years ago. However, other than this story, I am not familiar with another case of three women kept captive in a basement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Factory_(film)

It's just a strange kidnap story, if it is all true.

Sorry, your second link doesn't work so I'm not sure what you're suggesting about Amanda Berry. The eyebrow piercing is on the first link you provided, though.

I won't go into the blow-by-blow of how they were held captive other than to ask if you watched the hearing last week (they went into detail regarding the setup of the house).

Questions: if you think the story is fake, what was the incentive? And I have to ask again: are you suggesting the girls were able to give consent as young teenagers?

Sorry, your second link doesn't work so I'm not sure what you're suggesting about Amanda Berry. The eyebrow piercing is on the first link you provided, though.

I won't go into the blow-by-blow of how they were held captive other than to ask if you watched the hearing last week (they went into detail regarding the setup of the house).

Questions: if you think the story is fake, what was the incentive? And I have to ask again: are you suggesting the girls were able to give consent as young teenagers?

I beg to differ. It says "KAYLA" has her ears and navel pierced.
It says Wisconsin, NOT Ohio. Strange errors to have on a website called AmandaBerry.net.
Eh? How did no one notice this?

And oddly it is Wisconsin where her body was thought to be found frozen.
But a one year later!! DNA test proved negative. Boy that was some foot dragging by somebody to ID the body.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscon...een-found-in-wisconsin-lk9ruh8-206394931.html

About the eyebrow piercing, that was odd that a 15 year old would have that done more than 10 years ago when it was not in vogue as it is now.
Or that she would have been able to maintain it in all those intervening years.

There are a lot of logistical problems of a man who supposedly lived alone on Welfare being able to feed and clothe these people without it being noticed by the amount of food or dishes or something by someone.

I don't have answers, just a lot of questions about this story.

Why do you think he was on welfare?

Also, questioning the victims in this case will not be allowed. The girls have been through hell and back. I'm sure they did what they had to, to survive and it couldn't have been easy.

Michelle is just amazing.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to send any moderator a PM.

Thanks,

Salem

I don't see anything at all resembling a conspiracy theory or even the benefits to lying about any of this. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess some people did not understand that:
Castro agreed to give up his house to the city.
The city then with ownership of the property were then able to DESTROY the property.

some of the comments are making me so upset I have no words to counter them..only to say this.

You can think whatever you want.
But like it or not
It IS what it is...
a maniac did this the victims are victims
and nobody's opinion really matters except those who LIVED IT...walk in their shoes and then you will believe this..it is not a story it was a NIGHTMARE.
believe it...

Houndstooth, I am not even sure what you are asking, and have you read credible sources or watched the hearing? Are you trying to say this is a conspiracy?
This was a very sick thing that preyed on very young women. Apparently, you didn't see the 90+ feet of chain he used to lock the girls up. (This pretty much suggests to me, there wasn't a lot of freedom of the house). If you can't tell from the chains, how about the locks on the doors or alarms on the doors. Quite often their mouths were duct taped if he left. Also, he had tricked them before by leaving doors unlocked as a test, if they opened them he wad beat them. After this happening once or twice, most people would be afraid to even try.
Also my daughter pierced her navel 15 years ago, and friends of hers had pierced their eyebrows, so it wasn't such an oddity.
The only troubling thing about this story I found, was that he wasn't arrested for essentially doing the same thing to his wife. Perhaps if they would have treated him like the sleazy thing he was, he would never had taken these women

Houndstooth, I am not even sure what you are asking, and have you read credible sources or watched the hearing? Are you trying to say this is a conspiracy?
This was a very sick thing that preyed on very young women. Apparently, you didn't see the 90+ feet of chain he used to lock the girls up. (This pretty much suggests to me, there wasn't a lot of freedom of the house). If you can't tell from the chains, how about the locks on the doors or alarms on the doors. Quite often their mouths were duct taped if he left. Also, he had tricked them before by leaving doors unlocked as a test, if they opened them he wad beat them. After this happening once or twice, most people would be afraid to even try.
Also my daughter pierced her navel 15 years ago, and friends of hers had pierced their eyebrows, so it wasn't such an oddity.
The only troubling thing about this story I found, was that he wasn't arrested for essentially doing the same thing to his wife. Perhaps if they would have treated him like the sleazy thing he was, he would never had taken these women

Yes. Facial and bellybutton piercing among younger people really took off in the 1990s. This is not a new trend.

Eyebrow piercing?

For a home to be demolished and condemned, it's usually been in the works for some time. I wondered about staging this incident in a house scheduled for demo.

In the original story I read, she suddenly decides to call for help after a decade or more for some of them? And when her rescuer arrives he has merely to knock out the bottom of a screen door to release her? That's weird.

I don't see how anyone who lived nearby could miss there were more than one person living there when they had free range of the house quite a bit.
How the brothers were dismissed out of hand early on when an investigation had scarcely been underway? Or how they might have missed the extras living there?

For women to give birth at home or suffer miscarriages, with nary a peep is strange.

Then there was the mixup with Amanda Berry and another girl missing in Wisconsin and Amanda was the one the investigators thought the body found was of. After a year, I am not sure if they ever positively id as someone else. I have to wonder that the other girl Kayla's family did not ever notice that Amanda Berry's picture was used for years on the missing website. Just really weird.

Then there is the quick recovery from such a traumatic ordeal. Certainly explanable if this is a media hype story as more than a few are.

Does it seem plausible and likely that three women could be held captive by a screen door?

Then lastly there's this oddity. A movie screenplay that was based on a true story and finally released earlier this year, although it was filmed a few years ago. However, other than this story, I am not familiar with another case of three women kept captive in a basement.

You obviously are coming into this late and have not followed the case since the girls were first rescued. All of your questions have been answered by the media and earlier in this forum. For instance, if you read back you'll discover that the screen door was NOT what kept the girls captive, there were a series of chains, locked doors, and also fear that kept the girls from escaping. Also, the girls did NOT have 'free range' of the house, they were kept first chained in the basement and later chained and locked in the boarded up second floor of the home. It's easy to turn any story into a conspiracy when you twist the facts to suit a theory.

Oh, and the house was not slated for demolition and was not condemned, so that's not even an issue worth discussing.

The pictures of Amanda that were released when she disappeared 10
years ago showed the eyebrow piercing - was this conspiracy you're describing planned even way back then? I don't think so.

(snipped)

I don't understand what connection the movie, based on serial killer Gary M. Heidnik (executed in 1999) has with this case. Can you explain, please?

Eyebrow piercing?

:facepalm:ZOMG you have got a lot of catching up to do. It is all true and the kidnaper has confessed and pleaded guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne