Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any evidence that AK and RS were "stoned every day for a couple of weeks". Where are you getting this from? Also, as I've said before, pot makes you want to chill, not go find someone to kill.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try to answer and can give you links to find info regarding this if you want to PM me.

RS had previous 'problems' with drugs... cocaine I believe.

RS in his initial police interviews states he liked to smoke joints and had all that day... when he was 'anxious'. It had to be alot because both can not remember what they did in addition to there not being any evidence of anything they did. Is this true or were they sitting there stoned off their gourds?

Mixing pot with other stuff can be dangerous. Might not have planned originally to 'go find someone to kill'. Or one might have and the other didn't??
Or two did and one didn't??? Nobody is telling exactly so far.
Maybe they were drunk and stoned, or who-knows-what.

According to the witnesses, Knox was flipping cartwheels. According to people that were not there, what Knox did should be interpreted as "yoga". I get it, but at the same time, I prefer the witness description.
Giobbi in particular put emphasis on behavior. Yet neither he nor anybody else mentioned anything about cartwheels until early 2009. Ms. Knox wrote that there were none. She lied about marijuana use at the flat, at Laura's behest. She gave a false statement, which she retracted within 36 hours. ILE made so many false statements, it is difficult to keep track of them all. Odds are that there were none.

So... Raffaele once tried harder drugs so it is reasonable to speculate Amanda would at the spur of the moment? I seem to remember that they were given drug tests, that came out negative.

At the same time you object to speculations based on what seems to be an escalating pattern of burglaries by Guede. Or on the fact that he had no visible means of support.

I have no idea why the Mexican holiday of Day of the Dead would mean anything to Raffaele. Have you confused that with All Saints Day? I have to say, I have not heard that it was of particular importance to Raffaele. It also is not a holiday which immediately brings out the idea of a big party.

This isn't all about Knox. Knox and Sollecito were a team, inseparable since they met. Should we believe that although Sollecito had a history of hard drug use, he would suddenly stop using hard drugs because Knox didn't have a history of hard drugs? I have never heard that Knox, Guede and Sollecito were tested for drugs. Would you happen to have a link?

"In extracts published by the Sun newspaper, Knox describes how she and Sollecito bonded over their mutual love of cannabis. Soon after meeting, Knox asked him: ‘Do you like marijuana?’, to which he said, ‘It’s my vice’. ‘It’s my vice, too’, she replied."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ud-night-stands-drug-use-says-Foxy-Knoxy.html

Quite right, I should have said: All Saint's Day. It is national holiday in Italy on November 1. Sollecito's parents were divorced in 1990 and he lived with his mother until 2003, when he went to Perugia to study. In 2005, his mother died. I suspect that this hit him hard, and since he used drugs to avoid reality, why wouldn't he use drugs to avoid the pain associated with the loss of his mother on the day intended to remember the dead?

*Snipped*. Why not reason the other way around? Meredith's DNA on the knife proves that the knife was at the cottage and most likely involved in the murder. Of course, this is ridiculous. The whole murder is ridiculous. I don't understand this kind of reasoning where evidence is simply dismissed because somebody else would have done things differently. JMO.

Also the mixed spots of AK's dna and Meredith's blood get poo-pooed over because she lived there. Wonder why the blood wasn't mixed with a big patch of the two other's dna that had lived there much longer... and one was her very own room? Odd that.

1. Accusing an innocent person of murder, while terrible, is a far cry from murdering someone.
2. I didn't think there was any debate about RG having had sex with MK before she was murdered. Help me out here, is this wrong?
3. There is more than enough of RG's DNA in MK's room. Did I mention he confessed?
4. He typically broke a window, entered, stole money and laptops. Sounds pretty similar to me.

Jim

He acknowledged being present, and he fled to Germany (I would not say that he confessed). The strongest evidence against Guede is his bloody hand print, and I rank the bloody shoe prints as about equal to his DNA as evidence against him. Both the hand print and the shoe prints put him in the Meredith's room within a short time period after the fatal blow was struck, but the hand print is stronger, because it is individualized. Someone left Reps. 198 and 199 as evidence. I have seen no evidence that the ground was muddy.

He was found in a nursery, and all he had was a ridiculous story about paying someone 50 euros to learn that one might stay there. He had been in possession of stolen goods. He should not even have been at liberty on 1 November.

One would think it would get old having to explain away so much evidence with:
That person lied
That person waited too long to say anything
That could've been a different scream they heard
That guy does drugs and doesn't know what he saw
That DNA is there because she lived there
That luminal wasn't used correctly
That was left too long
That was collected incorrectly
She didn't mean that as a confession
False accusations are normal
They always turned their phones off
Who would keep a murder weapon
Raffaele didn't mean to say he accidentally pricked Meredith
Their stories haven't changed
The police are liars
The judges are corrupt
The prosecutor believe it was a satonic ritual
The list goes on.....

And ends with Rudy was a homeless,drifter,burglar, black drug dealer and must have muredered Meredith alone!

Hey otto. I believe they were tested I think by hair/blood/etc just after their arrest. So maybe the 6th?

Cocaine would have been out already IIRC and would not yet show in hair. They both admitted smoking so that would have shown up. I don't know what would show up after at least 5 days... exactly.

I know I had to quit smoking cigs for 3 months for it not to show up on test :)

It was proven that the CCTV was 10 minutes fast by a check with the internet time. You can't get any more accurate than that.
Elsewhere a commenter posted the testimony about the clock. Barbadori goes off on a tangent about daylight savings time and then does not even provide the name of the person who made the claim that the clock was 10 minutes fast. It is just hearsay. Of course another question is why (if they had access to some superaccurate clock) was the camera clock either 10 minutes fast or 10 minutes slow.

IMO from the other evidence- even if RG wasn't in the cottage... there is the probability that Meredith would have still been killed.

Giobbi in particular put emphasis on behavior. Yet neither he nor anybody else mentioned anything about cartwheels until early 2009. Ms. Knox wrote that there were none. She lied about marijuana use at the flat, at Laura's behest. She gave a false statement, which she retracted within 36 hours. ILE made so many false statements, it is difficult to keep track of them all. Odds are that there were none.

Do you mean that the information about cartwheels was not leaked prior to the trial? Should it have been made public sooner?

How can we believe anything said by Knox. She's a proven liar that will lie to further her own cause with absolutely no consideration for anyone else.

Elsewhere a commenter posted the testimony about the clock. Barbadori goes off on a tangent about daylight savings time and then does not even provide the name of the person who made the claim that the clock was 10 minutes fast. It is just hearsay. Of course another question is why (if they had access to some superaccurate clock) was the camera clock either 10 minutes fast or 10 minutes slow.
The 'accurate clock' is the internet. I agree he should have been a little more specific about who checked it. Saying it is 'just hearsay' means he is lying? He is testifying under oath. Checking one clock and comparing it with another is a very simple thing to do. Why can't even the simplest things be accepted in this case? Whenever a witness testifies something incriminating he is called a liar.

Let’s go easy on each other please.

Comments and replies should be respectful of the other person’s point of view. Recently, several comments are leaning toward personalization. Posts should be about the content of the information and not about the person who posted.

Knox and Sollecito really are determined to force the people (prosecutor's office) to have an absolutely air tight argument.

So, what were Knox's fluids doing under the handle of the alleged murder weapon? It's all well and good to claim that there is evidence of both Knox and the victim on the alleged murder victim, but what was her "fluid" DNA doing under the knife handle ... only discovered after the handle was taken apart?

Apparently you've never licked a knife. Or sweated in a hot kitchen. Or cut yourself while chopping. Most of us have done all these things.

Knox is a ridiculous woman. She made eye contact with Sollecito at a music recital and from then on, she stayed at his apartment. It is possible that she didn't even bother with eye contact before having sex with the man on the train.

We complain about tabloids playing fast and loose with the truth, and substituting innuendo for facts, but some posters are worse.

Not every 20-year-old acts like Knox on her first major trip away from home, but many, many do. God knows *I* did.

And weren't you just complaining that Knox is portrayed as immature? Because that's all you have proven here.

...Can we lower the bar any more without reaching hell?

I believe that is exactly the sort of medieval reasoning that put suspicion on AK in the first place.

News flash: it's the 21st century and women control their own sexuality. It really isn't up to you to judge.

I guess one good thing is that no one appears to be racist ("black man found, black man guilty"). Guede is far from innocent; I guess the only question is, did he act alone, or in concert as the Supreme Court has insisted?

ETA: Were I on the jury, my main questions would be, can it really be shown that there was a real, and not a staged, break in; and is there any indication that the SC was wrong in ruling for multiple attackers?

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/RonHendry------2.html

Even if you find the site biased, Hendry's work was first published independently of Injusticeinperugia.org.

According to the witnesses, Knox was flipping cartwheels. According to people that were not there, what Knox did should be interpreted as "yoga". I get it, but at the same time, I prefer the witness description.

When Jodi did it, I think we called it "crazy"

Now it's "flipping cartwheels"? And so the legend grows...

...There is ample evidence of all three culprits at the murder scene - which is the entire main floor of the cottage, not Meredith's bedroom.

Why isn't the "murder scene" all of Perugia? Or all of Europe?

MK was killed in her bedroom, a space notably lacking evidence of AK's or RS' presence. You can't just extend the "murder scene" until you finally find the DNA you want to find.

And btw you missed my whole point that your description of AK/RS being "typical kids from good homes" applies to Rudy Guede as well and he's clearly guilty. Meaning typical kids from good homes commit and are capable of murder too.

I agree. Typical kids from good homes are fully capable of murder. And there are many examples of this. I just don't believe the evidence points to that in this case.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members