An arrest has been made!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm going to try. I nned my other roommate to come home because I think he has a scanner. Mine does not work. She looks like a normal, dorky teenager to me. She has thinish bangs and curly hair. Big smile. I just can't beleive it.

Regarding the hair color thing with Sandra, it was reported early on that her hair had lightened considerably due to the sun.

My girl's hair lightens in the sun, but it doesn't change color like that. It just gets lighter.
Sandra's hair seems to have went from dark brown to blonde.
That's a big color change!

My girl's hair lightens in the sun, but it doesn't change color like that. It just gets lighter.
Sandra's hair seems to have went from dark brown to blonde.
That's a big color change!

I think it could be the photogrpahy. The dark-haired photo (only one I have seen) seems very glossy. Anyhow, the roommate is not home yet and I am passing out. I need to be ready for Easter tomorrow. I will try to scan and post MH's yearbook picture tomorrow. Happy Easter All!

I have photos of myself as a child which show the same hair color discrepencies. The school pics show my hair as dark brown.
My parents' home photos range from reddish to blonde to brown. Obviously, the difference cem into play because their camera equipment and film development company was not as good as the school photographer's.
My hair did bleach to light blonde naturally in the summer when I was a pre-schooler but not after that age.

IMO, the darker haired photo is a school pic, and the lighter haired photo is a home photo with the color not adjusted correctly on the camera, or perhaps in the film processing lab.

Why would you die an 8 year old's hair? Maybe someone wanted her to look older? Fit in at school? Not look so hispanic?

She was such a beautiful child, I can't imagine anyone wanting to change how she looked at all.

I am hispanic. My hair is dark (well a bit of gray now...), in my younger days during the summer my hair would lighten up quite a bit naturally. I even had a teacher who called me Goldie, she said it glimmered.

This was up to at least Jr High and looking at photos it is a huge difference.

regarding hair colour--i noticed the darker hair, but i have to say that in the school pic, her hair does look darker but i think it's the picture, my hair is blond highlighted and in pics (digital) it looks dark
i think her hair is highlighted from the sun and chlorine perhaps
i had a friend who had really dark hair and every summer her hair would turn totally blond
i don't think sandra's hair is dyed....jmo

For those that missed Video coverage of the announcement of Melissa Huckaby's arrest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1PkmtI0gg

Melissa Huckaby Interivew - Sandra Cantu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7k_wxwS-E0&feature=related

(Melissa talks about an incident with another child in her care, unfortunately this video cuts off and I can't find where the second part has been uploaded yet.)

O/T I would like to know that name of that reporter that got Melissa on the phone and send him a big ol' chocolate easter bunny or at least an email giving him kudos.

Kat, I never found the second part of Melissa's interview about the child in the park either. I think it's not online now.

As to hair color, mine changes that much naturally. Especially if I go to the beach. If I get in the salt water and then in the sun, it is noticeably lighter in 24-36 hours and in a week's time REALLY different. And just doing more horseback riding in the summer it looks dramatically highlighted but it's all normal. I have NEVER colored my hair at all. I was getting a cut once and the lady in the chair beside me asked if "K" did my coloring too and I said I didn't get my hair colored - her response (she was there getting highlights) was how she paid all this money to try and get her hair exactly like mine looked but never achieved it. Though I will say in the bad light of the dark haired photos, hers looks almost black and that would be a change you wouldn't expect to happen naturally. But I also think in this day and age parents WOULD color their kids' hair.

As to hair color, mine changes that much naturally. Especially if I go to the beach. If I get in the salt water and then in the sun, it is noticeably lighter in 24-36 hours and in a week's time REALLY different. And just doing more horseback riding in the summer it looks dramatically highlighted but it's all normal. I have NEVER colored my hair at all. I was getting a cut once and the lady in the chair beside me asked if "K" did my coloring too and I said I didn't get my hair colored - her response (she was there getting highlights) was how she paid all this money to try and get her hair exactly like mine looked but never achieved it. Though I will say in the bad light of the dark haired photos, hers looks almost black and that would be a change you wouldn't expect to happen naturally. But I also think in this day and age parents WOULD color their kids' hair.

I will say one of my daughters went from "white" blonde hair to almost black in a year...all naturally. I also have one that went from black to light brown. Her hair is now dark again...we'll see what it is at the end of summer.

I cannot find the link, but I think there are two melissa huckabys living in the same area of CA and are around the same age. Some media outlets were showing the blond girl, but that is the wrong Melissa Huckaby, and has since been corrected. ( I hope she sues) The arrested Melissa is brunette and her myspace is under Melissa Lawless.

I cannot find the link, but I think there are two melissa huckabys living in the same area of CA and are around the same age. Some media outlets were showing the blond girl, but that is the wrong Melissa Huckaby, and has since been corrected. ( I hope she sues) The arrested Melissa is brunette and her myspace is under Melissa Lawless.

This would probably be the reason for all the discrepencies in the high school she went to. and maybe for the denial of past criminal charges.

I find it odd people are going on and on about 60 people in Tracy who trade child *advertiser censored* as if there are not 60 people right in their own communities who are probably doing the same thing. We have so many arrested here for child *advertiser censored* anymore they don't even make the news unless it is an enormous cache or includes someone in a profession of authority. Sad, but it is true.

LE can't go after them for many reasons, but funding appears to be the biggest one. Resources don't exist to combat the billion dollar industry and their connections across the world.

This woman strikes me as someone who would sexually abuse Sandra then murder her. I will not be surprised to find the abuse could be extreme. IMO, this was premeditated and Sandra was an object of obsession for her.

Hi everyone,
Haven't posted in a while as I am dealing with a personal crisis right now, but I DO read all the time.
SS I agree with everything you are and have been saying in this case. I think she acted alone and I do think we will find out this poor child suffered horrific abuse before she died.

I have dark-brown hair. One of my friends hadn't seen me in a while, and she remarked that she always thought of me as a blond. She was convinced I'd dyed my hair. We discussed it, and we realized she only saw me in the summer, when my hair was sun-bleached. My siblings also get sun-bleached in the summer. My brother's hair turns strawberry orange in the summer, although he also has dark hair.

Hi everyone,
Haven't posted in a while as I am dealing with a personal crisis right now, but I DO read all the time.
SS I agree with everything you are and have been saying in this case. I think she acted alone and I do think we will find out this poor child suffered horrific abuse before she died.

Donna, I hope everything is ok.

The reporter is a she and her first name is Jennifer. (I am sure there aren't that many Jennifers at the Tracy Press.) Hope this helps. :)) She was also on Geraldo last night standing next to Sgt. Sheneman saying she didn't realize she had a story out of the norm...until the red flag went off about her denying the other charges for the thefts etc.

If they had a pool in the complex I can see Sandra's hair being lightened that much...mine was medium brown as a child and it would go near blonde from the pool and the sun. You can see it in her eyebrows that it looks natural, not dyed.

It had been reported in the local news here that her hair had recently been dyed.

Donna, I hope everything is ok.
It will be. My husband was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma ( a cancer of the plasma cells in the bone marrow) in Jan. He is getting better, but it took away his ability to walk. That will come back in time though. He is improving, using a walker now. Looking at a stemcell transplant sometime in May.
Thank you for asking.

If they had a pool in the complex I can see Sandra's hair being lightened that much...mine was medium brown as a child and it would go near blonde from the pool and the sun. You can see it in her eyebrows that it looks natural, not dyed.

My profession was a hairdresser and I am the mother of 2 and 5 grandchildren.
I am in PA.........hardly any sun.............BUT all of us turn very blonde in the summer from sunshine, swimming...........
I never colored or high lighted any of them as children and can show pics of my brunettes going blonde high lights........
I really don't think her hair was every colored or bleached by anything than CA sunshine! IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back