Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jacket was a step in the right direction for her court presentation, but didn't fit well, and the look is too harsh for her. The bun is also too severe. Her look is a caricature of what her look should be, and a total disconnect for a jury that will see the party pics.

I'm sure they're workin on it.

A little levity, if the mods don't mind--maybe they should get a consultation with "What Not to Wear". Advice on what shoes and pants to wear with shackles (so awkward), how to select a youthful yet serious wardrobe. Do Stacy and Clinton make jail calls?

Seriously, I think her appearance and demeanor really matter. She doesn't have a whole lot of defense cards to play.

I could care less what KC wears or how her hair is styled.

1) You can have have a beautifully wrapped package presented to you only to find a piece dog doo inside.

2) You could have someone present you with an old sock only to find diamonds inside.

The "package" doesn't matter.

I think Casey's matronly appearance in court will work against her. She looks phony and, IMO, just like many other women who are serving time. I think she'd be better off presenting a young, fresh, and innocent look (as if). No one wants to send their own daughter to prison for life.
I agree Chilly. There's just too much of a drastic contrast to the real Casey and the madeover Casey. It will be too much for the jurors to believe.
The Prosecution will have her " party girl " pictures, blown up, showing Casey in all her mini dress, cleavage shining, go go boot splendor!
Dressing her matronly, with a bun and such won't work for them. It will definately work against them!

I think Casey's matronly appearance in court will work against her. She looks phony and, IMO, just like many other women who are serving time. I think she'd be better off presenting a young, fresh, and innocent look (as if). No one wants to send their own daughter to prison for life.

ITA.

Personally I would rather see her as she is, to me this just reeks phony. I don't like smoke and mirrors, I'm one of those it is what it is kind of people.

kc is incapable of presenting a normal reaction to her situation, regardless of what she is wearing. her demeanor will take center stage over any "look" she tries to pull off. I am sure JB has tried his best to coach her and yet she can't help but start a flirtatious pen throwing game with counsel in the midst of a motion hearing.

I find it hard to believe she cares so little about the way she is perceived that she can't control herself and at least try to mimic human emotions. Now, it is too late, as we already know she is incapable of this. At this point if she all of the sudden switched it up and managed not to look so damn happy, we would all criticize her for being a phony.

I put some of this problem on baez for being an unprofessional attorney. The jail hugging, the 6 hour days, the brownies, the personal taxi service, the inappropriate touching....he is the one who let her know it was ok to behave this way. He got too personally involved with her. They reminded me of two high schoolers sitting through a boring lecture today. If their relationship was kept professional that would have given her less opportunity to act so childish. I still can't get over her referring to him as "Jose" and not Mr. Baez in those jailhouse videos. I did have a lawyer once, and I can't imagine calling him anything other than Mr. X. JMO!!

If I were a juror..
I would take offense to an attorney or their client if they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes by the way they dress in court, especially if I will be shown many, many photos of the client before all of this happened. I think the only thing that would excuse this, is having many, many pictures of the client dressed similar to what she is in court.

I guess it may just be me, but if someone is innocent, their appearance shouldn't make a difference, nor be changed to reflect something different than what the person is truly like, But as soon as the guilty walks in totally changed in appearance, it would leave a bad impression on me.

ITA.

Personally I would rather see her as she is, to me this just reeks phony. I don't like smoke and mirrors, I'm one of those it is what it is kind of people.
But i will bet you dollars to doughnuts if she showed up in court wearing a party dress or a low cut blouse there would be an entire thread about how she doesn't even respect the court enough to dress appropriately.There would be another thread saying Baez is so dumb he didn't even tell her to dress for court.

She has to dress for court. It is foolish for any person going to court to dress disrespctfully or to wear the jumpsuit if you do not have to.

I am thinking that these hearings are "auditions" for KC's looks for the actual trial.

She, LKB, has a minimum of 12 months to finalize those looks for KC. KC is gonna have weight gains/changes, hair style length changes and who knows what else. KC could have all her hair cut short by the time she actually goes to trial. She will be able to use makeup. I would bet KC wears a headband in the next hearing with her hair down. More age appropriate and less harsh. A jacket, with color that fits and matches her pink shackles.

Court appearances are funny and extremely conservative where I live. When I was going to court to gain custody of my grandchild, even though I knew the judge and court clerks, my attorney advised me to remove all my diamond jewelry as well as not wearing any designer clothing and handbag. Tone it down completely. Respect for the judge and the court system.

All I know is I saw some pics of her demeanor in court today and couldn't believe this is the woman whose father attempted suicide last week. If she doesn't care about her trashed baby (old news! get over it!) you'd think she'd be a little more somber thinking she'd almost lost her dad. TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!

But i will bet you dollars to doughnuts if she showed up in court wearing a party dress or a low cut blouse there would be an entire thread about how she doesn't even respect the court enough to dress appropriately.There would be another thread saying Baez is so dumb he didn't even tell her to dress for court.

She has to dress for court. It is foolish for any person going to court to dress disrespctfully or to wear the jumpsuit if you do not have to.

That is true, and the key word for court is "conservative". I used to tell my clients to dress like they were going to church, otherwise they walked in wearing cut-off shorts, halters and flip flops. And the jumpsuit makes a person look like a prisoner, not like your neighbor. So I don't criticize the suit.

To be On T, I think appearance does matter subconsciously to a jury.

I could care less what KC wears or how her hair is styled.

1) You can have have a beautifully wrapped package presented to you only to find a piece dog doo inside.

2) You could have someone present you with an old sock only to find diamonds inside.

The "package" doesn't matter.

Really the defense should be grateful that the judge is requiring KC to attend. They will have multiple opportunities to perfect her look prior to the actual trial. :mad:

This happens with most defendants, so its not suprising, but I dont think it was well thought out.
Because the public has seen the raunchy pics, and knows her to be a very flirty, overtly sexual young woman, it appears as just another of many lies, trying to present her in any other way.
The jail clothes would have garned more understanding and even relief from the public, imo. Showing that she is focused on the case, not her appearance. JMO

Butwhatif, I dont' understand what you are saying??
:confused:

ITA. The look she has now is so disingenuous it will wind up backfiring. No one will believe it for a second.

I agree that when going to court you should look presentable, but I somehow feel it was overdone to the point of trying to make her appear more like a school marm than a 22 year old. I can't help but feel every time I see her that in her mind she REALLY believes she is one of the attorneys on her case and tries to act like it. From the jail visit where she tells her mother she has to spend her time looking up things for her trial to today as she made notes and tried to look like she was just there as part of the team.

as much as people want to believe that it's "the clothes that make the man" or the woman in this case..that simply is not true..you cannot judge someone by what they wear but rather, by their actions.
But how one chooses to dress for court is one of their actions.
I have been to court and I was totally amazed at the people going in with their pants below their butts, dirty t shirts ,unkempt hair, and provocative clothing. It seemed as though none of them had any respect for the authority and seriousness of the courtroom. I am not saying that clothes make the person, but clothes definitely reflect attitude towards authority and illustrate just how seriously one takes their circumstances.

But how one chooses to dress for court is one of their actions.
I have been to court and I was totally amazed at the people going in with their pants below their butts, dirty t shirts ,unkempt hair, and provocative clothing. It seemed as though none of them had any respect for the authority and seriousness of the courtroom. I am not saying that clothes make the person, but clothes definitely reflect attitude towards authority and illustrate just how seriously one takes their circumstances.

LOL agreed! The judge in my hometown makes the front page at least once a week where someone walks into his court in either flip flops, pants below their waste, not tucked in, cleavage showing..etc..He is known to give them community service just for their lack of respect.

as much as people want to believe that it's "the clothes that make the man" or the woman in this case..that simply is not true..you cannot judge someone by what they wear but rather, by their actions.

WHOOOO . wait a minute here! Everything you do, every choice you make, is a DIRECT reflection of Who & What your are! IMHO............

All I know is I saw some pics of her demeanor in court today and couldn't believe this is the woman whose father attempted suicide last week. If she doesn't care about her trashed baby (old news! get over it!) you'd think she'd be a little more somber thinking she'd almost lost her dad. TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!

Exactly. Well said. And especially about the most recent issue with her dad. All these you would think would add up to being impossible to smile...

If they are going to dress Casey up in a suit, they could choose better. There are a lot of great suits out there for sale that would look fabulous for a female Casey's age. I know this because I was only 1 year away from finishing law school at age 22 and I had no trouble finding them for interviews and, right after law school, when I worked as a staff attorney at the 5th Circuit Court of Appeal. (READ: very formal!)

Jurors will be considering her appearance, including her clothing, and her mannerisms/demeanor. In Louisiana, we have what are called "exit polls" wherein the jurors are polled and sometimes are allowed to provide reasoning,etc., for their decision. You'd be surprised how many times we hear of these things so many WSers think are unimportant. (Note: I'm not saying I agree with this fact, just stating the fact.)

LOL agreed! The judge in my hometown makes the front page at least once a week where someone walks into his court in either flip flops, pants below their waste, not tucked in, cleavage showing..etc..He is known to give them community service just for their lack of respect.

That's good. He ought to. I'm glad to see someone takes seriously. A thing called RESPECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop