Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we get some answers/closure soon. This is my neighborhood and I would really like to know that we are safe. Justice for AJ

Did WH tell anyone he saw AJ that afternoon on 3/2 before he found out that the neighbor had told LE that AJ was seen driving? Or did he wait until someone said they saw her after his lunchtime meeting with AJ?

I'll brave the waters if no one else will.

Perhaps it would be helpful to start a list of inconsistencies and unanswered questions in regards to WH's version of events?

If no one else wants to take that one, I can probably do it tonight after I get out of school.

By the time you've completed it, the case will have gone to trial.:jail:

Ugh. I was hoping we'd get more info today. I wonder if he had a preliminary arraignment or if his court date was just continued. I don't see anything in msm yet.

Court's website has all charges scheduled to be heard on 5/11 now. :-(

Did WH tell anyone he saw AJ that afternoon on 3/2 before he found out that the neighbor had told LE that AJ was seen driving? Or did he wait until someone said they saw her after his lunchtime meeting with AJ?

GREAT question. Unfortunately we don't know when WH disclosed to LE his gas station/driving with a purpose story. We do know it wasn't mentioned in the MPR filed over 24 hours after he claims to have been with her last. It wasn't mentioned in any public capacity until this article http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/ that was posted on the 12th. 10 days after she went missing.

Then there was the interview he gave with whatsherface https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit where he goes into detail about the gas station and that interview was on the 15th. In that interview he says (about the kid who claims to have seen AJ driving):

"He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly."

So we don't really know which came first to LE, his lunch claim or the neighbor's statement. WH also claims LE told him there is NO VIDEO of him and AJ at the gas station that day from the jailhouse interview here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tll_DccWAnjsCgnvMktbb7HXTh7CK6Gkxh8C3PLn0No/edit

So the short answer is no, we don't know. :)

Court's website has all charges scheduled to be heard on 5/11 now. :-(

If this was WH or his lawyers decision, its a dumb one IMO.

Just gives LE that much more time to continue building it's case.

There also a chance that the ME report will be completed by that time.

I asked about the location of the key, because I knew it was a hot topic here, and I obviously don't live there, but no one is sure exactly where it was. Most keys always hang on the key hanger as soon as you walk in the door, but it was a detail that wasn't really paid attention to at that time. It was, however, provided to police when they took the truck.

This made me LOL, and I needed that with the cases I've been following. I try and get the hubby to put his keys in one spot everyday but still, each morning we have to hunt them down!!

Thank you for clearing that up. Was the truck key in the house / mailbox that Monday night?

ETA: Anything you can clear up on details of the neighbors' sightings, or anything else, would be much appreciated.

Hope this is the right place to ask this... If the truck had 1 key for the ignition and the door... Who would best know this answer? It was WH truck, Right? Just making sure..

I read the transcripts from an interview... Here is what WH had to say about the truck and the keys...

"I left the keys in the mailbox- just for the truck, the ignition key only, not the door key"

Are we not allowed to discuss the newest WTKR report anymore? I had some thoughts about that yesterday, which related to this topic (in a very general way), but now I don't know what I can say and what I can't say. I'm just super confused.
After spending two hours going through the thread, and eventually removing 147! posts, it's clear to me that a rational discussion of that topic is impossible. So for the time being, it's off limits. And from what I can see, it relates more to a personal issue between two parents, which has little to nothing to do with AJ's death.

After spending two hours going through the thread, and eventually removing 147! posts, it's clear to me that a rational discussion of that topic is impossible. So for the time being, it's off limits. And from what I can see, it relates more to a personal issue between two parents, which has little to nothing to do with AJ's death.

Gotcha. My observations weren't about that, though. My observations were something related to the obstruction charges mentioned in that report.

But It's not really all that important. Thanks for clarifying. :)

I'm sorry Bessie. I commented about that this morning. I had no idea that was the reason for all the deleted posts yesterday. Thanks for all you do!!

Hope this is the right place to ask this... If the truck had 1 key for the ignition and the door... Who would best know this answer? It was WH truck, Right? Just making sure..

I read the transcripts from an interview... Here is what WH had to say about the truck and the keys...

"I left the keys in the mailbox- just for the truck, the ignition key only, not the door key"

Just coming out of lurking to say, we have a FordF150 and it only has 1 key for both the ignition and the door. HTH

ETA: Now that I think about it, both my sons have Fordf150s and they have 1 key also.

Gotcha. My observations weren't about that, though. My observations were something related to the obstruction charges mentioned in that report.

But It's not really all that important. Thanks for clarifying. :)
You can reference the article to discuss the obstruction charges.

Just coming out of lurking to say, we have a FordF150 and it only has 1 key for both the ignition and the door. HTH

ETA: Now that I think about it, both my sons have Fordf150s and they have 1 key also.

We have a Dodge Durango and it has one of those keys. I guess they call it a valet key. The one key opens up the door and starts the car but has not automatic opener on it (clicker) and will not unlock the back lift-gate either.

Looking through some old articles I came across an extensive interview with JH from March 7:

“I last saw her at 7 o’clock in the morning on Monday before I left for work…when I came home from work she was gone. A friend of ours in the neighborhood saw her driving home in her vehicle around 2pm. We don’t really know what she was doing. We’re thinking the window is somewhere between 2:00pm and 3:30pm, but police are still trying to confirm all that kind of stuff,” Jennifer Hadsell said.

http://www.maceandcrown.com/2015/03/07/local-girl-missing-in-norfolk-odu-assists-in-search/

So as early as March 7 both WH and JH were vetting the neighbor's 2 pm sighting. BTW, I was mistaken in my earlier post when I said WH said the neighbor saw AJ leaving - what he actually said was the neighbor told police he saw AJ "pass by." All the different times and places has me totally kerflummoxed.

Kind of interesting was JH saying:

“Literally every department is working on it. I had called them yesterday about something and the [officer] transferred me somewhere and the guy who picked up the phone was from the freaking Homicide Department and set my heart out the window.”

I wish we knew what she was calling about. I also seem to remember WH saying something similar but frankly, it's too much trouble at this point to go looking for it.

There are too many conflicting reports and missing information to make sense out of anything. I was hoping we'd learn more today but it looks like we'll have to wait until May. :( I'm just gonna back off and read what everyone else has to say for now...

JH and WH would be the best. Perhaps the older siblings of AJ as well. It seems like the keys had a regular place to be so it should stand out where the key was. If AJ was planning to use the truck all week she likely would have put the truck key right on her keychain as soon as she found it.

Maybe it is because I am disappointed in the non-specific answer (not in Bear of course, he went out of his way to get us the answer we have) but I find it odd that no one remembers where the key was. If you are trying to figure out what happened to her that key would be "key". Of course they could be vague because they believe the info is sensitive to the investigation.

In any case the fact that they had the key and it wasn't with AJ says a lot. Either she never had it or she was abducted in the house and somehow removed from the house without anyone noticing, IMO. ETA: I guess she could have been abducted by someone outside of the house, but it would have to have been someone who could have returned the key to the house. And we all know where that leads...

The whole thing with the truck is weird. I can't make it fit with WH putting AJ in his work van - at least not during those hours.

She departed my presence at I would say about 12:40, 12:45pm.
I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.”

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit

So, according to WH, AJ:

- Leaves the gas station around 12:45
- Goes home (unseen)
- Is seen leaving home around 1
- Comes back home (unseen)
- Is seen by the same neighbor at 2:03, leaving home yet again
- Comes back home (unseen)
- At approximately 2:30 the truck is back at the house but AJ is not

IOW, for about an hour and 45 minutes AJ does nothing but drive back and forth between home and unknown destinations. And is never seen returning home, only leaving.

It only makes sense if she was out running errands which were near enough to home to make it convenient or if she had something perishable, like ice cream that she didn't want sitting in the truck.

But that's assuming the witness saw something. So the question then is how wrong would the witness have to be to knock out that entire timeline? And yes, I realize WH could have made it all up but would even he be foolish enough to just pluck times out of the air and describe a neighbor if there wasn't some kernel of truth in it somewhere?

I don't believe WH's story but I do believe there's a reason why he spun it. Somebody saw something and WH had to cover it up.
Imo, if AJ was ever in the work van, her DNA would be there in some form. I would think LE has gone over the van extremely well. WH would be under arrest for her death.
I just can't get everything to work out in my head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop