GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The house is a foreclosure? I wonder if LE is also looking at its history. Could previous owner(s) have been angry about losing it?

There was a recent episode of "On the Case with Paula Zahn" that featured the murder of a real estate agent who was showing a home to her killer, and it wasn't the first time he tried it.

Just awful.

I saw that same episode. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw this case. Very scary.

Thanks for the input on here from all the realtors (stay safe on the job!)/family & friends of realtors.

She's a beautiful lady. I wonder if some creep in town saw her pics on signs around town and zero'd in on her that way. :(

She's a beautiful lady. I wonder if some creep in town saw her pics on signs around town and zero'd in on her that way. :(

This is exactly what I was thinking. So scary! I can easily see how female realtors would be a magnet for weirdos.

BBM:

Ugh, I gotta run, but here's where I'm at if anyone wants to take the wheel---I'm searching attempted abductions, etc in the area. I mapped one (maybe) potentially at 4.4 miles (Little Rock)---here are some search results on google:

eta: these links will be invalid since they are pasted---you'll have to re search in google (regoogle, new word I just made up, lol)

Forbidden Hillcrest - Little Rock, AR - Regional Website ...
https://www.facebook.com/forbidden.hillcrest
Little Rock Underworld News. ... (BM, age 22, unknown address) armed with a handgun, attempted to rob a man out walking his dog at 7AM yesterday morning.
Content Tagged 'kidnapping' - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR
www2.fox16.com/tags/kidnapping/default.aspx
KLRT‑TV
Woman Speaks About Terrifying Kidnapping in Little Rock. It was a terrifying ... Sheriff's Office Increases Patrol after Attempted Kidnapping. The Pope County ...
Benton Police: Girl, 16 Reports Attempted Kidnapping - KLRT
www.fox16.com/...attempted-kidnapping/.../mN1k8SoApkuZ...
KLRT‑TV
Jul 29, 2014 - "Not knowing who this person is who attempted to kidnap this girl, I think all ... #OliverStone speaking in Little Rock at Central High #fox16.
3 suspects wanted for NLR kidnapping and robbery - KATV ...
www.katv.com/.../3-suspects-wanted-for-north-little-rock-kidnapp...
KATV
NORTH LITTLE ROCK - Three men are wanted for reportedly kidnapping and ... After about 10 miles they attempted to turn into the Bank Corp South branch on ...
in attempted kidnapping - KATV.com
www.katv.com/story/.../benton-girl-reports-attempted-kidnappingKATV
Police investigating 'person of interest' in attempted kidnapping .... given, it does seem a little odd for a man to attempt to get a young 16 yr old girl into their truck.
Attempted kidnapping in Benton investigated
www.arkansasonline.com/.../attempted-kidna...
Arkansas Democrat‑Gazette
Jul 29, 2014 - Benton police are investigating an attempted kidnapping that occurred Monday near South and ... W Street road project is Little Rock meeting .
Attempted kidnapping police report - Arkansas Online
www.arkansasonline.com/.../home-invasion-po...Arkansas Democrat‑Gazette
May 16, 2010 - Attempted kidnapping police report. Source: Little Rock Police Department. Little Rock Police Department incident report for May 16 home ...
Woman in custody after attempted kidnapping at Little Rock ...
privateofficerbreakingnews.blogspot.com/.../woman-in-custody-after-att...
May 23, 2013 - LITTLE ROCK, AR May 23 2013-- A friendly conversation with a stranger suddenly becomes an attempted kidnapping case at Clinton National ...

This is Carl's business...at least it is going by their address: Carter Construction, 12927 Lower Steel Bend Rd Scott, AR 72142 (501) 416-2539
He probably hires contractors for his business....contractors usually drive trucks.

Just a thought... And probably way "out there"...

but... Would BC...as a R/E Agent... Have asked a construction worker to repair/modify/??? Something in a home to make it more presentable for a prospective buyer?

or... Would that be outside her job description....

:waitasec:

What we know:
1. She had appt at 5:30 to meet a buyer at house on Old River Road. She had at least one other appt afterwards, and we don't know if it was for the same buyer.
2. Her car was found at the house with her purse and wallet in her car. Her cell phone is missing and there allegedly was no lock box on the house, or the lock box was taken. Front door to house wide open.
3. Her husband reports her missing a few hours after she told him she was going to Old River Road
4. Husband receives texts around 1 AM; does not sound like they came from her.
"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker… http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...kansas-real-estate-agent-disappears/16305961/
5. Another friend said she was texting with Beverly around 730 PM, but LE doesn't believe texts came from her.
6. Neighbors saw a tall, skinny man in an older truck at that residence that day. Unsure what his actions were and what time he was there.

What we don't know (please fill in and add accordingly)
1. Was she showing multiple homes to this buyer?
2. Who was the buyer?
3. How far from the foreclosure property did her cell ping?
4. Was there ever a lock box? Were there signs that the door was tampered with?
5. What time did her phone stop pinging?
6. Where was the truck parked in relation to her car? Was it there before she arrived, and during?
7. Was this lock box shared with vendors and other realtors? Did it have a code, or did it have a key at the bottom?
8. Any evidence that she entered the property? Any papers, pens, business cards, etc.

but... Would BC...as a R/E Agent... Have asked a construction worker to repair/modify/??? Something in a home to make it more presentable for a prospective buyer?

It wasn't her listing, so I would guess most likely not....

I understand the abduction seems to have happened at the Old River Drive location...

but... I wonder if her house has been investigated yet...

I am of the firm belief that the missing person's home/property should be investigated thoroughly... Even if it is not the place of the crime scene.... Since there are so many clues that can be found there...

example: computer/technology...Mail received and/or to be sent...

She certainly is. She's a fabulous looking 51 year old grandma. It's awful to think that someone can be snatched away while doing their job. I hope she is found safe and well soon

I wonder who the last person is to have seen BC...

did she leave right from her office?... From her home?... ???

I wonder what her demeanor was...

???

I was actually thinking along those same lines. There's another phone number for Carl Carter's business I found online...and that number goes to a roofing business. I'm adding a map just to look at, I'm not at all familiar with the area, but it seems the address where that phone number leads is relatively close to where her phone pinged at one point. This is what I went by for the info to illustrate with map:
FB Post posted up-thread
"They have evidence that her phone was used on Baucum Road [rural east NLR], then Roosevelt Road."
The location of the ping is not exact, so approximately.

Carter Construction - 12927 Lower Steele Bend Rd, Scott, AR 72142 (501) 961-1716
Bobby Smith's or Smith Bobby roofing - 501-961-1716 909 Dortch Loop North Little Rock, AR 72117

An interesting review on Carter Construction (Yelp):
""doom78408/02/2011
Very sketchy business operation, do not recommend at all.
Wonder what was sketchy?

Beverly Carter.png

I hope LE has (or will) be able to get a "print" from the gray truck that neighbor(s) saw parked at the foreclosed house on Old River Drive....

it may possibly have identifiable markings...

JMO...

If she was meeting someone she knew was the "type" to be driving a somewhat beat up truck, that could explain what may have been a dressed-down outfit. I would imagine real estate agents may dress according to what may resonate with their clients. She may not have dressed super professional so as to not appear off-putting to someone who was, say, a contractor.

My husband and I just bought a home this year. Our realtor was a young man in his twenties. Athlethic guy, likes to work out, etc. Just like my husband. He felt very comfortable wearing completely casual clothes/athletic wear when showing us homes, probably in part because he felt he could relate to us better. He even joked about it and promised to wear a tie to settlement (he did). We even had a conversation about him knowing when it was "ok" for him to dress down and when it wasn't, based on what he knew of his clients. He knew we were totally cool with it, but some would not be.

I hope LE has (or will) be able to get a "print" from the gray truck that neighbor(s) saw parked at the foreclosed house on Old River Drive....

it may possibly have identifiable markings...

JMO...

hopefully there is a surveillance camera on one of the houses along that road that will pick up some info..

I was actually thinking along those same lines. There's another phone number for Carl Carter's business I found online...and that number goes to a roofing business. I'm adding a map just to look at, I'm not at all familiar with the area, but it seems the address where that phone number leads is relatively close to where her phone pinged at one point. This is what I went by for the info to illustrate with map:
FB Post posted up-thread

The location of the ping is not exact, so approximately.

Carter Construction - 12927 Lower Steele Bend Rd, Scott, AR 72142 (501) 961-1716
Bobby Smith's or Smith Bobby roofing - 501-961-1716 909 Dortch Loop North Little Rock, AR 72117

An interesting review on Carter Construction (Yelp):
""doom78408/02/2011
Very sketchy business operation, do not recommend at all.
Wonder what was sketchy?

View attachment 60133

Yes, we have a mapper here! Thank you! Does anyone know how far this is in relation to Old River rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasjay1