GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, yes it does.

ETA: And IMO, TM's social media and her posts and texts all over the internet and phone records, etc. came back to bite her in the *advertiser censored** too, just as I feel all of that will in this case too. Some people just aren't smart enough to figure out when to keep their mouths shut, IYKWIM!

Oh goodness!! I had never heard of this case before but now that I have done a bit of reading, it sounds like I need to start at the beginning. What a train wreck.

Oh goodness!! I had never heard of this case before but now that I have done a bit of reading, it sounds like I need to start at the beginning. What a train wreck.

I was there from the beginning, spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here last year (along with a small super dedicated group of other WS individuals willing to spend their holiday/family time frantically trying to help Heather's family find Heather). Heather has never been found. But at least the alleged culprits responsible are behind bars. It took some time for this to happen. We didn't know what the heck happened to Heather for a while...I hope her family is doing ok, especially her dad and LH.

BBM:
That's interesting and it's 3 years old. I'd like to see one that is up to date. Three years with our technology is a long time.

Speaking of a long time, wow, beaglebrd, I just noticed you have been a member here for over 10 years!

Very interesting! From the link above I got the following:

"Fortunately, only one of the nation’s four largest carriers store message content.

That would be Verizon Wireless. It isn’t for a long period of time, but message content is kept by Verizon for a period of 3-5 days. The other 3 carriers, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint don’t keep message content at all. However, all four carriers do keep text message detail. This doesn’t contain what was written in the text but it does show who it was sent to and when. AT&T is the worst when it comes to keeping text message detail".

I take detail to mean time and date of text and number texted.
Just as recent as the George Zimmerman(Trayvon Martin) case. They were able to go back and recover texts and photos. Same with most social media like they say once its out there, its out there.

Just as recent as the George Zimmerman(Trayvon Martin) case. They were able to go back and recover texts and photos. Same with most social media like they say once its out there, its out there.

But what I posted and read would tend to negate this fact. Only Verizon keeps things for 3-5 days. T Mobile, AT&T and Sprint don't ever keep message content as in what the text message actually said. Detail means time, date, and number text messaged not the actual message. Just food for thought. Maybe in Zimmerman case they had the actual phone with text messages still on it.

But what I posted and read would tend to negate this fact. Only Verizon keeps things for 3-5 days. T Mobile, AT&T and Sprint don't ever keep message content as in what the text message actually said. Detail means time, date, and number text messaged not the actual message. Just food for thought. Maybe in Zimmerman case they had the actual phone with text messages still on it.

What was posted is from 2011. I tried to find something more current, but couldn't. Technology moves so quickly that information from three years ago could be obsolete.

I was reading the court records on Heather Swain's appeal for her accessory to murder and accessory to kidnapping convictions-

LE stated One of her phones was Verizon & he got it early enough in the case for the 3-5 days per Verizon....

Sorry I do not have the link off hand...

ETA: I believe the appeal is dated 2014 but could be wrong..

http://www.cio.com/article/2378005/...t-messages-are-gone-forever--think-again.html

"We just had a case last week where we were able to harvest and recover 8,000 text messages. They covered between 12 and 15 months of activity."

I always wondered why they seize peoples phones-why not just get the records from the phone company? But since texts are kept for a limited time on a server, having the actual phone they can retrieve anything that hasnt been written over. You learn something new here at websleuths all the time.

I had a corrupt card in my camera a few years ago and downloaded a program off the internet where I was able to recover almost all my pics. We leave a footprint with anything we are using in this technology age. Like you said. Once its out there-its out there.

Teleka Patrick deleted all her twitter accounts and they were all recovered after she went missing and posted all over the internet. That was the most intense case I ever followed. Reading her self destructing and hoping someone found her before it was too late. Unfortunately, it was already too late.

The mass move of IT to "the cloud" has taken place over the last year or two. Three years ago would have been light years in the past for most IT shops. I would believe that with the increased storage capacities available now, all text information is maintained for quite a bit longer now.

I think when I have upgraded my iphone, they have been able to put my old text messages (at least the ones I did not delete) on the new phone, via the cloud.
The mass move of IT to "the cloud" has taken place over the last year or two. Three years ago would have been light years in the past for most IT shops. I would believe that with the increased storage capacities available now, all text information is maintained for quite a bit longer now.

I think when I have upgraded my iphone, they have been able to put my old text messages (at least the ones I did not delete) on the new phone, via the cloud.

I can confirm this. I bought the 5s in nov 2013 and I have text messages from my iPhone 4 that moved over. I don't delete any text messages. Never know when something may be needed. Probably should delete them and some other things as it contribute to my phone being at capacity! The messages go back to prior to 2010. The same with emails. I have some back to 2005. Kinda ridiculous.

I know the Swain family very well. ( Heather Swain's ex husband and I are friends) She has been in trouble with LE as long as I can remember. I would say that the reason she was giving the time giving,was that she lied to LE about what happened (along with cleaning up after the crime).

I can confirm this. I bought the 5s in nov 2013 and I have text messages from my iPhone 4 that moved over. I don't delete any text messages. Never know when something may be needed. Probably should delete them and some other things as it contribute to my phone being at capacity! The messages go back to prior to 2010. The same with emails. I have some back to 2005. Kinda ridiculous.

I never delete anything either. Guess it's good I have nothing to hide.

Trayvon Martins phone was locked, they didn't have his code. They sent the phone off to a company that has technology that pulled all that stuff. Even stuff that was in private folders. As a matter of fact, the guy who worked for as IT top guy for States Atty office in Florida, Ben Kruidbos was fired and has sued the Angela Corey, State Attorney. Google his name. He just had a deposition done abt a week or so ago. So Nope have the means to do it now days. Why one should be careful, once sent its out there somewhere. and nope they pulled actual pictures, and actual text conversations.

No Justice- I just realized that if one of my best friends was accused of any crime, my defensive/protective nature would have me vocal in support of them until facts were release (for or against). Thank you for your presence here and defending her name. This is often not the case and if someone is accused/exonerated they've already been convicted in the court of opinion and it's hard for others to believe after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en