GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are alot of dads out there that dont have anything to do with their kids. Glad to see these kids have another parent to help them through this ordeal. Not just CL but so many kids have to suffer for the decisions their parents make. Something like this will affect them the rest of their life. These kids are victims too and it just seems so unfair. And we see it happening over and over.

Not to mention the lost billable hours!

I have a WONDERFUL attorney who has virtually held my hand (via texts, phone calls) through some trying times but no way would she or I consider her missing office hours and court and time with her family for something like that. Crystal has family if i'm not mistaken. Why didn't her parents, siblings, etc. do that for her?

I thought it would be embarrassing to give my lawyer my passwords but that doesn't hold a candle to letting him clean out my house. (Guessing she didn't have dirty underwear around this time.)

And I was told by NJ that her paid attorney has stepped back for not getting paid. So I wonder if this was the high profile attorney or a court appointed attorney. I don't believe her attorney did this. I know, NJ, you said someone verified it, but it's hearsay. And seriously, anything that comes from the accused lips has got to be taken with a grain of salt. These are HUGE charges. Murder. Kidnapping. It's not like they have a DUI or possession of drugs. Why would an attorney give a rat's *advertiser censored* if her stuff was out of the house?

This has been my thoughts from the beginning...but I don't know anything more than everyone else that would valiadate or disprove this theory. It's just a theory.

There seem to be a lot of stories and bits of information getting distorted with this whisper-down-the-lane mode of communication going on. Unless one of you has heard information directly from CL's mouth to your ears, I'd take what you have heard with a grain of salt since a lot of it is not matching. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, just pointing out that information seems to be getting lost in translation, so to speak. Don't stop posting, though! :)

Not sure I would believe anything from Crystal's mouth either, especially after she found out she was being charged with receiving a murdered woman's stolen property. Anyone with a brain would try to convince friends and acquaintances she was as innocent and pure as the Virgin Mary to save her own butt and get them to help her - despite the fact that she married a lifelong criminal and was living with him during the time he was suspected of kidnapping and murdering a woman.

She undoubtedly picked up a few of AL's confidence tricks during their courtship and marriage, too.

JMO and I've got no skin in this game.

We have a local case going on now where the woman went to these peoples house willingly. But when she got ready to leave they wouldn't let her. (Joella Lockwood case) They are charged with kidnapping for holding her against her will. This is the only thing that makes sense that CL is charged with the kidnapping if she wasnt directly involved when it happened.

I'd love to hear from the ex-boyfriend to see if her weekend alibi checks out with him.

I'd love to hear from the ex-boyfriend to see if her weekend alibi checks out with him.

LOL, don't say that or he will miraculously appear on here. (Or someone impersonating him will.)

I don't believe this for a minute. Did you see her perp walk? In no way would she be dumb enough to say something like that from a jailhouse phone.

No offense Butler321 but most things I see you posting are not what I'm hearing from multiple friends who have been involved in the clean up of her house, turning in her car (that the ex husband was supposed to pick up for the son but was a no show), and taking on all of CL estate. Could it be that the ex husband is not being honest with you so he looks good? The story I got was that he kept telling the person who was handling CL's estate that he was coming to get the stuff. That person had coordinated this all through CL attorney, the ex husband and CL. His story kept changing about the day that he was going to show up with the trailer to get all the stuff out of the house. On the day that was agreed upon for him to arrive the person kept waiting on him but he didn't show. CL attorney called the ex husband to see where he was at and the ex told the attorney that he didn't want anything in the house and was not coming to get it. The attorney had to rent a UHaul truck and help the other person clean out the house. Then over a week later he had family members calling the attorney wanting the stuff but it had already been disposed of. Another friend who helped clean out the house was a witness to all of this as it went on. So I have that information from two reliable sources. I don't think the ex husband is telling you everything?

He was behind on child support. CL told me it was 2 years. I don't know how much behind he was but he did have a back child support payment added in the court records so that proves he was at least behind paying her but can't say it was 2 years or 10 days. I do know an extra $100 a month was added to his child support for back support. I know the daughter's cheer was not paid and the ex husband was responsible for paying it. It was way behind and she was about to be kicked out of the gym for non payment.

Considering their son was living w/Dad, and still paying child support for the son.. JMHO pretty crappy for CL not to be paying the dtr gym pmnt. The arrearage of CS could have been when they were having issues in beginning, or any other time. The paperwork in the court docs, show how much the arrearage is.

Butler321 to be a "family" member as you put it, you sure are misinformed. The ex brought them to town (weekend of 11/15) to see CL and the daughter spent the night with friends. Even your family member the ex KL visited with CL in jail. You may want to talk to your family member to clear up what you are posting. You are obviously out of the loop on what is going on.

NoJustice, just wondering how you know this information? Did you see them at the jail? Do you work at the jail?

Just a random question....Hypethetically....let's say someone was either a legal secretary or friends with a legal secretary for a criminal defense attorney who was representing a high profile client. And that legal secretary (or friend of one) was privy to information shared between the client and her attorney then decided to go on a message board and share said information. Would that be a violation of attorney client privledge? Or just unethical?

I would think that would be unethical and that person should lose their job. Are you saying someone did that or just asking a question? If a legal sec is running their mouth then that can hurt CL case. I would want to know about it.

NoJustice, just wondering how you know this information? Did you see them at the jail? Do you work at the jail?

No I am a friend of CL and friends with other friends of CL. The daughter visited with friends children here after her visit at the jail. The daughter even spent the night with a friend's daughter that weekend. She was at the jail seeing her mother.

NoJustice, when I mentioned my neighbor who is out on bond for having a gun at school, you replied with the name of his attorney and his girlfriend's name and mentioned their "boys." Someone would really have to spend some time digging to come up with all of that info at one time. You also said this high profile attorney had stepped back and was only "helping" now because of non-payment by CL. I believed at that moment that you were associated in some way with RH the attorney. Either employed by, friends with, friends of someone who works there, something. That's not to say that your daughter isn't friends with CLs daughter, but the amount of information you popped back at me about my neighbor, while it could be found from some Google research and court documents, still would take some time. I don't doubt that attorneys place people online to try to sway public opinion and maybe that's what is happening here, but I would think you'd need to be more careful.

Just a random question....Hypethetically....let's say someone was either a legal secretary or friends with a legal secretary for a criminal defense attorney who was representing a high profile client. And that legal secretary (or friend of one) was privy to information shared between the client and her attorney then decided to go on a message board and share said information. Would that be a violation of attorney client privledge? Or just unethical?

Rule 1.6(c) of the Arkansas Rules of Professional Conduct requires Arkansas lawyers to take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of client information.

A lawyer shall make reasonable efforts to prevent the inadvertent or unauthorized disclosure of, or unauthorized access to, information relating to the representation of a client.

http://tinyurl.com/Arkansas-Confidentiality-Rule

If someone suspects a law firm employee of breaching client confidentiality, especially in a situation where the client is facing a capital murder charge, the person suspecting this breach should notify the defense attorney as soon as possible, in my opinion. The confidentiality of communications between attorney and client is valued very highly in our legal system. A breach of confidentiality could cause irreparable damage to the client's defense.

It would be incredibly stupid, IMO.

Is Crystal's current attorney the big shot or a public defender?

Her attorney is listed as one who is high profile. But everything is sealed and NJ said he had stepped back for non-payment and if there is a change it probably isn't known.

I was wrong. The kids did go visit their mother. My bad....I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

NoJustice, when I mentioned my neighbor who is out on bond for having a gun at school, you replied with the name of his attorney and his girlfriend's name and mentioned their "boys." Someone would really have to spend some time digging to come up with all of that info at one time. You also said this high profile attorney had stepped back and was only "helping" now because of non-payment by CL. I believed at that moment that you were associated in some way with RH the attorney. Either employed by, friends with, friends of someone who works there, something. That's not to say that your daughter isn't friends with CLs daughter, but the amount of information you popped back at me about my neighbor, while it could be found from some Google research and court documents, still would take some time. I don't doubt that attorneys place people online to try to sway public opinion and maybe that's what is happening here, but I would think you'd need to be more careful.

I follow a lot of cases. I am in no way in the legal field or associated with anyone who is in that field. I really am just a friend to CL. Most of my information was from her or other friends of CL. I am not concerned what anyone here thinks. Nobody will get in trouble over anything I've posted. I do not personally know anyone representing her or that works for that office. I do have friends in LE but none of them know anything about this case because it's under seal.

Her attorney is listed as one who is high profile. But everything is sealed and NJ said he had stepped back for non-payment and if there is a change it probably isn't known.

I have not been able to talk to CL while she is in jail so I have relied on word from friends who are in the know. It was my understanding that CL told a friend that she has a public defender because she had no money to pay the other attorney. I could be wrong but that is what I've been told.

I was wrong. The kids did go visit their mother. My bad....I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

@Butler321 I hope you understand that I mean no harm toward you. I am just here to find out the truth. There is a group of friends who just want to know if we are supporting the wrong person or not. I hope you can understand that. All of us got close to CL due to her daughter being friends with our daughters. We think a lot of her daughter and hope for the best for CL to be reunited with her. they were obviously close. We all believe she is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay