GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, gosh, I can see it now. The lack of medical care during my last incarceration somehow made me do it. It's the state's fault, not mine, so set me free and give me $5,000,000 for my mental anguish.

Maybe he thinks it will give him an opportunity to appeal if he's convicted and gets death penalty. Heck, I don't know. Nothing about him makes sense to me.

He makes a better con man than a thief. His prison visit made him richer. They allowed him to do that interview which places him with BC further incriminating him. So who knows whats running through his head and if he thinks there is a monetary gain from it.

I don't know how it works in prison but does anyone know.... Does the prison system have the authority to put an inmate on meds if they fail their mental evaluation test? I mean some of these checklist tests are diagnosing two year olds "bipolar" today and putting them on drugs, its not hard to be diagnosed with one of many invented disorders by todays checklist system. "--Do you ever feel very sad? Mad? Shy?" lol. I'm thinking AL might know well how this works, if so, having been in a few times, and doesn't want to get put on psychotropics for a variety of reasons that could hurt his case, not being able to recall or being too drugged to create new lies in his defense! Just wondering how that works in the prison system.

Yep. Answered my question with a quick search. This is the most recent data on a State by state basis. From the Arkansas page:

Prisons

The Arkansas Department of Corrections did not respond to either informal inquiries or a formal request under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act § 25-19-101 et seq. for its policy on nonemergency involuntary administration of psychotropic medication.

Upon further investigation, some information about Arkansas’s policy is provided in cases in which inmates challenged the administration of medication over objection while they were in prison. A description of the Arkansas policy that was in place in 1993 is described in Walton v. Norris, 59 F.3d 67 (8th Cir. 1995):
if an inmate objected to taking medication prescribed by a treating psychiatrist, and the psychiatrist believed that the inmate suffered from a mental disorder and was gravely disabled or likely to harm himself, others, or property, then the medication could be administered involuntarily. The inmate, however, was entitled to a hearing before the Mental Health Review Committee. Arkansas Department of Correction Policy No. 275. In this case, the committee unanimously found that Walton suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, that he had become violent when taken off of his medication in the past, and that mandatory injections were needed to prevent him from becoming psychotic again.

The court upheld the policy as it applied to the plaintiff, but by the time the decision was issued in 1995 the policy had been modified. Changes in the policy were not provided. (Id. at note 4). More recently an inmate brought suit against AR DOC alleging he was involuntarily medicated without any hearing in violation of the AR DOC policy, Hernandez v. Molden, No. 5:09-cv- 00328-JLH-JTK (Eastern District Court of Arkansas). The plaintiff, Hernandez, could not produce a copy of the policy but asserted that the policy was described in another case, Doby v. Hickerson, 120 F.3d 111 (8th Cir. 1997). At the time the Doby case was decided, the policy required a hearing and cited Washington v. Harper. According to an order issued by the judge in in the Hernandez case in April 2012, the attorney for the AR DOC was unaware of any policy concerning involuntary medication of inmates. The court provided an opportunity for AR DOC to address the issue of applicable policies in its summary judgment motion.

Jails

State law does not prohibit Arkansas county jails from administering medication involuntarily on a nonemergency basis. Therefore, county jails could use a Washington v. Harper administrative proceeding to authorize involuntary medication for an inmate who is suffering from a mental disorder, is gravely disabled, or poses a likelihood of serious harm to self or others. Based on survey information, however, Arkansas jails instead petition the court for an order to medicate an inmate involuntarily. Court orders are not used frequently.

http://tacreports.org/storage/documents/treatment-behind-bars/treatment-behind-bars.pdf

Wow. What a huge business the prisons are for Big Pharma! Was reading the profits from medicating the prison population of Oklahoma alone, staggering. They line up TWICE/DAY in four lines for their meds. Prisoner drugging has to be a major sector of that industry by the looks of it. I'd never looked into that before. Plus per the article, costs of the meds have gone up over 50% in the last few years. OT but... doing the math, this is some really big business with the current US unprecedented prison population size! And given most psychotropics are addictive... They've got a slew of new "lifetime clients".

Oklahoma article on prison meds:

http://oklahomawatch.org/2014/02/01/prison-meds-reveal-disorders-severe-for-mentally-ill-inmates/

From the Natl Alliance on Mental Illness:

"The cost to taxpayers for treating these mentally ill inmates using these drugs runs about $9 billion annually according to The National Alliance on Mental Illness.".. Yowza!!

I'm sure this has been discussed here before.... But does anyone know the details of ALs lawsuit against the department of corrections? I understand it was something about denying him medical care.... But what did he claim happened?

Whatever it was I don't blame the prison guards who ever was the decision maker.... This is the same guy who would fake injuries and/or hurt himself in order to go to the hospital to see some ex girlfriend... Classic example of the boy who cried wolf.

I get the feeling AL is using this tactic to play the game of being in control & keeping lawyer and judge on their toes and giving him the much needed attention he demands...

I refuse to be shamed for sleuthing someone who has been arrested for this crime. If something changes and the charges are dropped, then so will the discussions. Until then, I will be sleuthing away for justice for Beverly. Last night, I happened across a forum that was people supporting other people in prison. I am sure they don't ever try to come up with information on people who have been arrested. At Websleuths, we are allowed to sleuth a perpetrator all we want. End of story. I am so over being shamed for trying to gain insight and possibly important information in order for justice to be served for Beverly. It is a far cry from sleuthing a person who has been arrested and accusing people of wanting to send her to the electric chair. That is so insanely dramatic and over-exaggerated, only with the purpose of shaming those who are sleuthing.

Anyway, back to what is important--- Carter family- I am so sorry you have to deal with the loss of your beloved Beverly. I am sorry you have to go through these holidays without her. We are here for you in your fight and struggle for justice. Hopefully, we can uncover information that will make this process quicker and easier for you all. I hope Beverly leads the investigators right where they need to be!!!!

Well said.

Side note: I'm SO sick of the drama here. It's too much to weed through to get to the real sleuthing.

I'm sure this has been discussed here before.... But does anyone know the details of ALs lawsuit against the department of corrections? I understand it was something about denying him medical care.... But what did he claim happened?

Whatever it was I don't blame the prison guards who ever was the decision maker.... This is the same guy who would fake injuries and/or hurt himself in order to go to the hospital to see some ex girlfriend... Classic example of the boy who cried wolf.

AL faked injuries? Do tell.

AL faked injuries? Do tell.

It's my understanding that AL had an ex that filed a restraining order against him.... Apparently she was a nurse and while he was incarcerated he would hurt himself, fake sick, and/or get himself hurt in order to get a trip to the hospital where she worked in order to see/harass her. I read about it on this message board so I don't have any links or documents to back that up... Just heard it here.

According to someone I know who knew AL in prison--- AL is a huge whiner, crying, begging, demanding convict--he was/is not well liked by guards & cell mates...

That does not surprise me, haggar! I'm thinking I'd attempt sewer side (not a typo) if I had him as a cell mate.

He makes a better con man than a thief. His prison visit made him richer. They allowed him to do that interview which places him with BC further incriminating him. So who knows whats running through his head and if he thinks there is a monetary gain from it.
Don't ya know he's probably scheming book and movie deals? To me he's an attention seeking female version of Jodi Arias!

THV11 has a new interview with CC jr tonight ...no link yet

Omgeee! Good find, Zdots! Skilled at loss prevention? Education (if true)...truck driving academy and welding school. Sad he didn't use those skills to better his life by holding down a decent job. Welders get paid very good money!

Then there is this... for those so inclined. From AL's last incarceration.... I like the work experience part. "Anti theft devices" (aka stealing) "Duplication Knowledge" (aka forgery) and "Commercial Truck Drivin" ....

http://www.writeaprisoner.com/back-to-work/inmateresume.aspx?i=z-151373

Even while he is in prison, he is bragging about his criminal behavior! The fact that he actually considers theft a job is so telling! So, I had to look up offset printing. I wonder what that was. Counterfeiting? Credit Card duplication?

Maybe he learned that skill in prison operating printing presses? It could be legit? Didn't he get a job app from a local LR newspaper office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member